ImageImageImage

Defense, what should we do?

-Kees-
Lead Assistant
And1: 52

Defense, what should we do? 

Post#1 » by -Kees- » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:58 am

First of all, we have a lot of talent here. I'm not sure Juan Castillo is using everyone in the right way. I was a bit disappointed to see that the second year safety Nate Allen wasn't starting. He did well last year, and I think he should start. We also have 3 amazing CB's. I think Samuel or DRC could play back and roam the defense similar to what Ronde Barber and Charles Woodsen do for their teams. It's sort of a nickel/hybrid position, where they cover the nickel, blitz the QB and stop run, based off on instincts. I would also love to see one of them at safety, so that in every down sets we could put out Samuel and Nnamdi on the corners and DRC and Allen in the back.

I'm also a bit concerned about out linebackers. We have a rookie, 2nd year pro, and 3rd year pro starting for us. I think this could be a concern come playoff time. Do we dare use a pick to bring in a vet? I think with the right guy, that D could become #1 in the league.
Welfare Fraud
Starter
And1: 13

Re: Defense, what should we do? 

Post#2 » by Welfare Fraud » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:47 pm

Nate Allen is still recovering from his injury. He did an interview on WIP and it sounded like he could be back soonish. Just has to work on strengthening his knee IIRC (don't quote me, my memory sucks).
-Kees-
Lead Assistant
And1: 52

Re: Defense, what should we do? 

Post#3 » by -Kees- » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:35 pm

Ahh ok, yeah I loved him last season. It looks like he's playing a bit in the giants game

Return to Philadelphia Eagles