ImageImageImage

The Saftey Battle 2013

PH1LLYSFINEST13
Bench Warmer
And1: 43

The Saftey Battle 2013 

Post#1 » by PH1LLYSFINEST13 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:58 pm

We have had an issue here for a couple years now with our saftey play. Whether it has been weak tackling or just the worst coverage your eyes can see. We have all been craving a saftey since Dawkins left us.

After 2 preseason games I have some observations and would love to hear some other feedback about the players we currently have on our roster.

Nate Allen : Ever since that knee injury , I think he just cant get it back from a mental standpoint. On top of that , the guy plays so freaking soft I cant stand it. I loved his coverage abilities in his first year but everything seems to have gone downhill since then. Currently , I have him as a backup on this team.

Patrick Chung : Seems like the best sure tackler and a guaranteed starter on week 1. Love the fact that he wants to bring the BOOM on every hit. Havent seen a lot of his coverage , but from what Ive been able to watch on tape and see in the first 2 games , He looks average in coverage.

Kenny Phillips : Doesnt look like the same guy that played in NY because of the injury. I have him as a backup on this team as well because I do believe he has the talent but the injury has definitley slowed him down.

Earl Wolff : Has shown some flashes of being a capable player. He was listed as a sure tackler in college but I havent seen that yet. I feel like he just needs to finish the tackle. He has been average in coverage , hasnt given up the big play. The thing that separates him from Nate Allen is that I feel like he is more physical and has more upside than Nate does at this point. For those reasons I give him the start at the other Saftey spot.

David Sims : is a tackler , but havent seen enough of him to really make judgements. He is below average in coverage. I have him as a backup as well.

Colt Anderson : Special teams ace. Played well when filling in last year but thats because our saftey play before was SOO POOR , that even colt anderson looks like an upgrade. I have him as being held onto for a special teams ace and thats about it. I have him being cut.

Kurt Coleman: Love your heart and passion , but your play simply does not add up. I dont feel like his coverage is good and as far as his tackling... well when trent richardson ran him over last year , I feel like that sums it up. He isnt physically strong enough to make plays on most average players. Lot of respect for him but I have him being cut.

Short Recap -
Starters - Chung and Wolff
backups - Phillips , Allen , and Sims
Cut - Anderson and Coleman

( Its very possible that Sims is cut and they keep Anderson because of his special teams play)

Would love to hear any other feedback and your thoughts on our saftey play.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,429

Re: The Saftey Battle 2013 

Post#2 » by blazza18 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:43 am

Allen has really been a disappoint after his injury, he might get close to being cut from the 53 man roster.

Starters will be Chung/Wolff for sure.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
SJSF
Banned User
And1: 310

The Saftey Battle 2013 

Post#3 » by SJSF » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:33 pm

Wolff has shown to be a great draft pick. Chung is not very good. Allen seems to have gotten better.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums mobile app
76ersfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 205

Post#4 » by 76ersfan » Tue Feb 4, 2014 8:34 pm

SJSF wrote:Wolff has shown to be a great draft pick. Chung is not very good. Allen seems to have gotten better.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums mobile app
Long Live Sam Hinkie :D
76ersfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 205

Post#5 » by 76ersfan » Tue Feb 4, 2014 8:36 pm

Have to agree with SJSF
Long Live Sam Hinkie :D

Return to Philadelphia Eagles