ImageImageImage

Official Philadelphia Eagles Discussion Thread

BloodyNose
Banned User
And1: 2,255

Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Discussion Thread 

Post#501 » by BloodyNose » Mon May 12, 2014 1:33 am

SJSF wrote:Eagles won't be drafting 1. And your point? Foles is accurate and doesn't throw worm killers. Drops aren't a problem with the Eagles.

lol mcnabb was the master of throwing worm killers. Avant liked those a lot tho
MCtripDub
Pro Prospect
And1: 254
Location: Manila, Philippines: Home of Team Gilas Pilipinas #Puso

Post#502 » by MCtripDub » Mon May 12, 2014 6:08 am

blazza18 wrote:Not to worried about players with drop problems. Wasn't that one of Ertz' traits coming into the draft last year ? He seemed to not have many problems last season.

I like the Jordan Matthews pick btw. Probably my favourite pick of our draft. Kid seems really likable.

I totally agree, I got kind of addicted to watching this dudes interviews just to see if I can figure his character out, and I've got to say.. I am so impressed. He strikes me as the Anti-Djax. All about hard work, perseverance and humility (but most def confident in himself)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X81_u2LfV4o[/youtube]
Help a fellow Sixer fan out! Please drop by http://nbadraftaddict.tumblr.com/ :D

Thanks! #TogetherWeBuild

sixers23
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Post#503 » by sixers23 » Mon May 12, 2014 12:23 pm

MCtripDub wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Not to worried about players with drop problems. Wasn't that one of Ertz' traits coming into the draft last year ? He seemed to not have many problems last season.

I like the Jordan Matthews pick btw. Probably my favourite pick of our draft. Kid seems really likable.

I totally agree, I got kind of addicted to watching this dudes interviews just to see if I can figure his character out, and I've got to say.. I am so impressed. He strikes me as the Anti-Djax. All about hard work, perseverance and humility (but most def confident in himself)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X81_u2LfV4o[/youtube]

He stayed after practices at the senior bowl to run routes with Carr and asked for tape of the corners there. Were gonna love his work ethic
SJSF
Banned User
And1: 310

Post#504 » by SJSF » Mon May 12, 2014 12:49 pm

Aaahhhh a Philly WR that isn't undersized and has gang affiliations. What a difference. That dude has some paws.
SJSF
Banned User

Post#505 » by SJSF » Mon May 12, 2014 6:41 pm

Was it me or was this whole espn draft coverage was about johnny manziel and Michael Sam.
SJSF
Banned User

Post#506 » by SJSF » Mon May 12, 2014 6:52 pm

Jon Gruden for 22picks was drunk on Manziel talking about him. Thank god Gruden isn't the coach of the Eagles. And Why was Espn talking about Michael Sam for about 5 hours. He is an average DE in this draft. And there has been gay players in the leaguer for decades. But this guy wanted to be on a stage. And as the draft went on, it almost seemed apologetic that he wasn't drafted.
Slacktard
RealGM
And1: 17,603

Post#507 » by Slacktard » Mon May 12, 2014 7:05 pm

SJSF wrote:Was it me or was this whole espn draft coverage was about johnny manziel and Michael Sam.

In past years you could say well just watch NFL Network, but it was the same god damn thing. Day 1 80% of the things Rich Eisen thing were about Johnny Manziel and he kept steering the conversation back to it.
SJSF
Banned User

Post#508 » by SJSF » Mon May 12, 2014 7:44 pm

Johnny Manziel will be history in a few years or a backup.
MRxBLACK
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,872

Post#509 » by MRxBLACK » Mon May 12, 2014 8:06 pm

SJSF wrote:Was it me or was this whole espn draft coverage was about johnny manziel and Michael Sam.

ESPN is dog s***.
ESPN Sucks
BloodyNose
Banned User

Post#510 » by BloodyNose » Tue May 13, 2014 9:53 pm

SJSF wrote:Aaahhhh a Philly WR that isn't undersized and has gang affiliations. What a difference. That dude has some paws.

its nice when you have normal-big size body wide receivers. Im excited to see what nick foles can do with matthews, i mean cooper always had decent potential but nick brought out the best in him.
MCtripDub
Pro Prospect
And1: 254
Location: Manila, Philippines: Home of Team Gilas Pilipinas #Puso

Post#511 » by MCtripDub » Wed May 14, 2014 1:43 am

BloodyNose wrote:
SJSF wrote:Aaahhhh a Philly WR that isn't undersized and has gang affiliations. What a difference. That dude has some paws.

its nice when you have normal-big size body wide receivers. Im excited to see what nick foles can do with matthews, i mean cooper always had decent potential but nick brought out the best in him.

I think his production will be like Avant's on steroids. I've got a feeling that he will be our most productive red zone target, him or Ertz. Just a feeling. :)
Help a fellow Sixer fan out! Please drop by http://nbadraftaddict.tumblr.com/ :D

Thanks! #TogetherWeBuild

BloodyNose
Banned User

Post#512 » by BloodyNose » Wed May 14, 2014 2:05 am

MCtripDub wrote:
BloodyNose wrote:

I think his production will be like Avant's on steroids. I've got a feeling that he will be our most productive red zone target, him or Ertz. Just a feeling. :)

ertz should definately take a next step. I think our offense this year might be more well rounded than last year. Sure we had djax to blow the lid off a defense but i feel we have more guys who can do everything on the field, and can catch in traffic, and are better for moving the chains
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,859

Post#513 » by Phila Tough » Wed May 14, 2014 7:48 pm

Andre Johnson anyone? What's his situation?
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,073

Post#514 » by Embiid P » Wed May 14, 2014 8:30 pm

SJSF wrote:And there has been gay players in the leaguer for decades.

There have been? Like who was openly gay at the time they were playing?
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#515 » by PhilasFinest » Wed May 14, 2014 8:53 pm

BloodyNose wrote:
MCtripDub wrote:
BloodyNose wrote:its nice when you have normal-big size body wide receivers. Im excited to see what nick foles can do with matthews, i mean cooper always had decent potential but nick brought out the best in him.

ertz should definately take a next step. I think our offense this year might be more well rounded than last year. Sure we had djax to blow the lid off a defense but i feel we have more guys who can do everything on the field, and can catch in traffic, and are better for moving the chains

Agree.....last year we had Mccoy. Djax,Celek and Cooper....that was it.

This year, we will have Maclin,Cooper,Ertz,Matthews,Huff,Sproles,McCoy and Celek.

I think in terms of # of weapons we can use....we are much more well rounded this year. Kelly wants to play at a break neck pace, and with more bodies, he can swap players in and out for fresh legs and different looks.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
MRxBLACK
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,872

Post#516 » by MRxBLACK » Wed May 14, 2014 8:59 pm

Ramen Noodles wrote:Andre Johnson anyone? What's his situation?

I would pass. He's really expensive and will soon be 33 years old. Maclin, Cooper, Matthews, Huff, Ertz, Celek, and Sproles is an ample amount of pass catchers.
ESPN Sucks
SJSF
Banned User

Post#517 » by SJSF » Thu May 15, 2014 1:14 am

Stinky Hinkie wrote:
SJSF wrote:And there has been gay players in the leaguer for decades.

There have been? Like who was openly gay at the time they were playing?

That's the thing. Not openly. But there have been gay players in the NFL for years. But they know that your sex life or life style doesn't belong In the locker room or work.
BloodyNose
Banned User

Post#518 » by BloodyNose » Tue May 20, 2014 9:03 pm

michael sam would be a player i would have considered, but him coming out just creates a huge media circus that his talent probably isn't worth. Im sorry to say it, but its obvious teams passed on him because of the media circus. He was a great college player
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,859

Post#519 » by Phila Tough » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:53 am

Vince Young is retiring apparently. Sad that he cursed us with that dream team comment. That made the underachieving suck so much more.
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,073

Post#520 » by Embiid P » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:46 am

Ramen Noodles wrote:Vince Young is retiring apparently. Sad that he cursed us with that dream team comment. That made the underachieving suck so much more.

Good riddance.

Return to Philadelphia Eagles