ImageImageImage

Official Philadelphia Eagles Discussion Thread

FlyerzFan12
Sophomore
Posts: 121
And1: 40
Joined: Oct 06, 2004
         

Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Discussion Thread 

Post#481 » by FlyerzFan12 » Sun May 11, 2014 1:57 pm

sixers23 wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
sixers23 wrote:That's your opinion and it's one everyone else would disagree with. We won't know who's right for some time tho


What the hell are you talking about? Some one "and-one" my post in question. Once again, I don't care if you disagree with my opinion, but I gave you a detailed explanation as to why Huff could be better and you retorted with.... NOTHING! Just don't quote my posts anymore if you don't feel like contributing anything to the prospective conversation you are generating.

Let's see Matthews was considered a top wr and huff wasn't in many people's top 20 plenty info out there that I don't need to waste my time typing scouting reports on my phone

Not trying to get involved in a discussion I wasn't in to begin with, but no one truly knows who will be the best in any draft class for at least 3 years. Even the so-called "experts" (who interestingly enough are not currently employed by NFL teams despite their incredible mock draft skills..yes, that's sarcasm Mel Kiper) don't know despite them already publishing draft grades.
sixers23
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,499
And1: 236
Joined: Dec 09, 2013

Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Discussion Thread 

Post#482 » by sixers23 » Sun May 11, 2014 2:01 pm

FlyerzFan12 wrote:
sixers23 wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
What the hell are you talking about? Some one "and-one" my post in question. Once again, I don't care if you disagree with my opinion, but I gave you a detailed explanation as to why Huff could be better and you retorted with.... NOTHING! Just don't quote my posts anymore if you don't feel like contributing anything to the prospective conversation you are generating.

Let's see Matthews was considered a top wr and huff wasn't in many people's top 20 plenty info out there that I don't need to waste my time typing scouting reports on my phone

Not trying to get involved in a discussion I wasn't in to begin with, but no one truly knows who will be the best in any draft class for at least 3 years. Even the so-called "experts" (who interestingly enough are not currently employed by NFL teams despite their incredible mock draft skills..yes, that's sarcasm Mel Kiper) don't know despite them already publishing draft grades.


Of course no one knows all I stated was his opinion was an unpopular one and it is and that he was wrong about huff having better hands at least based on the tape
FlyerzFan12
Sophomore
Posts: 121
And1: 40
Joined: Oct 06, 2004
         

Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Discussion Thread 

Post#483 » by FlyerzFan12 » Sun May 11, 2014 2:27 pm

sixers23 wrote:
FlyerzFan12 wrote:
sixers23 wrote:Let's see Matthews was considered a top wr and huff wasn't in many people's top 20 plenty info out there that I don't need to waste my time typing scouting reports on my phone

Not trying to get involved in a discussion I wasn't in to begin with, but no one truly knows who will be the best in any draft class for at least 3 years. Even the so-called "experts" (who interestingly enough are not currently employed by NFL teams despite their incredible mock draft skills..yes, that's sarcasm Mel Kiper) don't know despite them already publishing draft grades.


Of course no one knows all I stated was his opinion was an unpopular one and it is and that he was wrong about huff having better hands at least based on the tape

I find it hilarious how many WR have question marks about bad hands, such as Benjamin out of FSU who I was glad the Eagles did not take. Their position is all about catching the ball. If you can't catch or have trouble doing so, switch to CB.
Negrodamus
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,917
And1: 1,477
Joined: Aug 05, 2004

Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Discussion Thread 

Post#484 » by Negrodamus » Sun May 11, 2014 2:45 pm

sixers23 wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
sixers23 wrote:That's your opinion and it's one everyone else would disagree with. We won't know who's right for some time tho


What the hell are you talking about? Some one "and-one" my post in question. Once again, I don't care if you disagree with my opinion, but I gave you a detailed explanation as to why Huff could be better and you retorted with.... NOTHING! Just don't quote my posts anymore if you don't feel like contributing anything to the prospective conversation you are generating.

Let's see Matthews was considered a top wr and huff wasn't in many people's top 20 plenty info out there that I don't need to waste my time typing scouting reports on my phone


Definitely, I wouldn't want you to waste your time. You're right, the Lions should have definitely taken Charles Rogers over Anquan Boldin or Mike Williams over Vincent Jackson. All the analysts and mock drafts said so!
Negrodamus
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,917
And1: 1,477
Joined: Aug 05, 2004

Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Discussion Thread 

Post#485 » by Negrodamus » Sun May 11, 2014 2:50 pm

sixers23 wrote:
FlyerzFan12 wrote:
sixers23 wrote:Let's see Matthews was considered a top wr and huff wasn't in many people's top 20 plenty info out there that I don't need to waste my time typing scouting reports on my phone

Not trying to get involved in a discussion I wasn't in to begin with, but no one truly knows who will be the best in any draft class for at least 3 years. Even the so-called "experts" (who interestingly enough are not currently employed by NFL teams despite their incredible mock draft skills..yes, that's sarcasm Mel Kiper) don't know despite them already publishing draft grades.


Of course no one knows all I stated was his opinion was an unpopular one and it is and that he was wrong about huff having better hands at least based on the tape


No, you said that EVERYONE would disagree with my opinion. If you said it's an "unpopular" opinion, I would agree.

And I'm not wrong about Huff having better hands. Provide me statistical evidence that I'm wrong and I'll concede. I know this is a futile request because you never provide any support to your claims, so I am the one who is, in fact, wasting his time.
sixers23
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,499
And1: 236
Joined: Dec 09, 2013

Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Discussion Thread 

Post#486 » by sixers23 » Sun May 11, 2014 3:36 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
sixers23 wrote:
FlyerzFan12 wrote:Not trying to get involved in a discussion I wasn't in to begin with, but no one truly knows who will be the best in any draft class for at least 3 years. Even the so-called "experts" (who interestingly enough are not currently employed by NFL teams despite their incredible mock draft skills..yes, that's sarcasm Mel Kiper) don't know despite them already publishing draft grades.


Of course no one knows all I stated was his opinion was an unpopular one and it is and that he was wrong about huff having better hands at least based on the tape


No, you said that EVERYONE would disagree with my opinion. If you said it's an "unpopular" opinion, I would agree.

And I'm not wrong about Huff having better hands. Provide me statistical evidence that I'm wrong and I'll concede. I know this is a futile request because you never provide any support to your claims, so I am the one who is, in fact, wasting his time.

Every scouting report you can find backs up what I saw on tape which is that he often drops uncontested balls. Usually that can be contributed to lack of focus so maybe he fixes that maybe he doesn't
Negrodamus
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,917
And1: 1,477
Joined: Aug 05, 2004

Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Discussion Thread 

Post#487 » by Negrodamus » Sun May 11, 2014 4:07 pm

sixers23 wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
sixers23 wrote:
Of course no one knows all I stated was his opinion was an unpopular one and it is and that he was wrong about huff having better hands at least based on the tape


No, you said that EVERYONE would disagree with my opinion. If you said it's an "unpopular" opinion, I would agree.

And I'm not wrong about Huff having better hands. Provide me statistical evidence that I'm wrong and I'll concede. I know this is a futile request because you never provide any support to your claims, so I am the one who is, in fact, wasting his time.

Every scouting report you can find backs up what I saw on tape which is that he often drops uncontested balls. Usually that can be contributed to lack of focus so maybe he fixes that maybe he doesn't


"Every scouting report" doesn't shed any new light on this conversation. Jordan Matthews having a 7.69% drop rate (above average drop rate) is more information than you've provided. As usual, I'm not going to continue this argument because its fruitless arguing with someone who provides no statistical backing to their claims.
sixers23
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,499
And1: 236
Joined: Dec 09, 2013

Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Discussion Thread 

Post#488 » by sixers23 » Sun May 11, 2014 4:44 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
sixers23 wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
No, you said that EVERYONE would disagree with my opinion. If you said it's an "unpopular" opinion, I would agree.

And I'm not wrong about Huff having better hands. Provide me statistical evidence that I'm wrong and I'll concede. I know this is a futile request because you never provide any support to your claims, so I am the one who is, in fact, wasting his time.

Every scouting report you can find backs up what I saw on tape which is that he often drops uncontested balls. Usually that can be contributed to lack of focus so maybe he fixes that maybe he doesn't


"Every scouting report" doesn't shed any new light on this conversation. Jordan Matthews having a 7.69% drop rate (above average drop rate) is more information than you've provided. As usual, I'm not going to continue this argument because its fruitless arguing with someone who provides no statistical backing to their claims.

Sorry I'm not gonna go watch every play again and figure out his drop rate
Negrodamus
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,917
And1: 1,477
Joined: Aug 05, 2004

Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Discussion Thread 

Post#489 » by Negrodamus » Sun May 11, 2014 8:23 pm

sixers23 wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
sixers23 wrote:Every scouting report you can find backs up what I saw on tape which is that he often drops uncontested balls. Usually that can be contributed to lack of focus so maybe he fixes that maybe he doesn't


"Every scouting report" doesn't shed any new light on this conversation. Jordan Matthews having a 7.69% drop rate (above average drop rate) is more information than you've provided. As usual, I'm not going to continue this argument because its fruitless arguing with someone who provides no statistical backing to their claims.

Sorry I'm not gonna go watch every play again and figure out his drop rate


It's okay. Just don't say that Jordan Matthews' hands are better than Huff's since it's painfully obvious you have no idea.
SJSF
Banned User
Posts: 4,124
And1: 310
Joined: Feb 10, 2009
       

Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Discussion Thread 

Post#490 » by SJSF » Sun May 11, 2014 9:21 pm

sixers23 wrote:
SJSF wrote:So many talented guys in the draft it's pretty hard to rate them all. What's funny how people say they would have taken this guy over this guy like they know better. Chip Kelly has been a football guy for what 20 years? But yet guys that drive trucks , pump gas, serve food, and dig ditches know more. Lol. The NFL draft brings out all the morons of the world. YouTube has made everyone a so called armchair QB.

You can say they know better but that doesn't mean they will be right. Everyone had their own opinion it's just important to know that'll nobody will be proven right or wrong for a few years


My money is on Chip not George the armchair QB that works 3-11 in the factory. The mock drafts all over Espn and the internet makes people think they know more about the game then the scouts. McShay and Kiper would actually have NFL jobs if they knew what they were talking about.
SJSF
Banned User
Posts: 4,124
And1: 310
Joined: Feb 10, 2009
       

Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Discussion Thread 

Post#491 » by SJSF » Sun May 11, 2014 9:25 pm

Drops have a lot to do with the QB. Remember how the eagle receivers used to lead the league when McNabb was the QB.
sixers23
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,499
And1: 236
Joined: Dec 09, 2013

Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Discussion Thread 

Post#492 » by sixers23 » Sun May 11, 2014 9:28 pm

SJSF wrote:Drops have a lot to do with the QB. Remember how the eagle receivers used to lead the league when McNabb was the QB.

ok well oregon has the favorite to go number 1 next year at qb so
sixers23
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,499
And1: 236
Joined: Dec 09, 2013

Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Discussion Thread 

Post#493 » by sixers23 » Sun May 11, 2014 9:30 pm

SJSF wrote:
sixers23 wrote:
SJSF wrote:So many talented guys in the draft it's pretty hard to rate them all. What's funny how people say they would have taken this guy over this guy like they know better. Chip Kelly has been a football guy for what 20 years? But yet guys that drive trucks , pump gas, serve food, and dig ditches know more. Lol. The NFL draft brings out all the morons of the world. YouTube has made everyone a so called armchair QB.

You can say they know better but that doesn't mean they will be right. Everyone had their own opinion it's just important to know that'll nobody will be proven right or wrong for a few years


My money is on Chip not George the armchair QB that works 3-11 in the factory. The mock drafts all over Espn and the internet makes people think they know more about the game then the scouts. McShay and Kiper would actually have NFL jobs if they knew what they were talking about.

im not even saying he will suck im saying he wont be as good as matthews. which obviously chip thinks as well given he traded up for matthews in the 2nd

anyone can sit here and say huff will be better than sammy watkins. it cant be proven yet right or wrong
SJSF
Banned User
Posts: 4,124
And1: 310
Joined: Feb 10, 2009
       

Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Discussion Thread 

Post#494 » by SJSF » Sun May 11, 2014 9:31 pm

Eagles won't be drafting 1. And your point? Foles is accurate and doesn't throw worm killers. Drops aren't a problem with the Eagles.
sixers23
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,499
And1: 236
Joined: Dec 09, 2013

Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Discussion Thread 

Post#495 » by sixers23 » Sun May 11, 2014 10:03 pm

SJSF wrote:Eagles won't be drafting 1. And your point? Foles is accurate and doesn't throw worm killers. Drops aren't a problem with the Eagles.

my point was we were discussing huff's drop problems and u said it could be the qb and i said how the qb from oregon is elite and will likely go number 1 so hes not playing with some random **** qb
User avatar
MCtripDub
Pro Prospect
Posts: 790
And1: 254
Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Location: Manila, Philippines: Home of Team Gilas Pilipinas #Puso
Contact:
     

Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Discussion Thread 

Post#496 » by MCtripDub » Sun May 11, 2014 11:01 pm

PhilasFinest wrote:
MCtripDub wrote:Anyone else feel like Ed Reynolds resembles Kurt Coleman? haha


I think Reynolds is a much smarter player.



I hope so! I was just talking about how he's built and how he moves around the field/how he hits tho :D
Help a fellow Sixer fan out! Please drop by http://nbadraftaddict.tumblr.com/ :D

Thanks! #TogetherWeBuild

Image
SJSF
Banned User
Posts: 4,124
And1: 310
Joined: Feb 10, 2009
       

Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Discussion Thread 

Post#497 » by SJSF » Sun May 11, 2014 11:47 pm

sixers23 wrote:
SJSF wrote:Eagles won't be drafting 1. And your point? Foles is accurate and doesn't throw worm killers. Drops aren't a problem with the Eagles.

my point was we were discussing huff's drop problems and u said it could be the qb and i said how the qb from oregon is elite and will likely go number 1 so hes not playing with some random **** qb


Mcnabb was elite. And he had a lot of drops. Some QBs aren't accurate or throw a good catchable ball.
sixers23
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,499
And1: 236
Joined: Dec 09, 2013

Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Discussion Thread 

Post#498 » by sixers23 » Mon May 12, 2014 12:18 am

SJSF wrote:
sixers23 wrote:
SJSF wrote:Eagles won't be drafting 1. And your point? Foles is accurate and doesn't throw worm killers. Drops aren't a problem with the Eagles.

my point was we were discussing huff's drop problems and u said it could be the qb and i said how the qb from oregon is elite and will likely go number 1 so hes not playing with some random **** qb


Mcnabb was elite. And he had a lot of drops. Some QBs aren't accurate or throw a good catchable ball.

ok
User avatar
blazza18
RealGM
Posts: 31,535
And1: 8,794
Joined: Dec 02, 2010
Location: Aussie bias
     

Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Discussion Thread 

Post#499 » by blazza18 » Mon May 12, 2014 12:36 am

Not to worried about players with drop problems. Wasn't that one of Ertz' traits coming into the draft last year ? He seemed to not have many problems last season.

I like the Jordan Matthews pick btw. Probably my favourite pick of our draft. Kid seems really likable.
trwi7 wrote:Completely forgot Beasley is on the team. We really miss him. Give him $10 million.
BloodyNose
Banned User
Posts: 2,277
And1: 2,255
Joined: Feb 17, 2014
 

Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Discussion Thread 

Post#500 » by BloodyNose » Mon May 12, 2014 1:31 am

the draft is a crapshoot for the most part. Not everyone turns out to be good we can't really assess the draft until years down the road. I think chip made the best points that if people who draft well in the 6th round are so smart, why didn't they draft the player earlier? You can only do so much when evaluating all this talent on the board. Almost everyone in question looks good, you just have to find the guy you want.

Return to Philadelphia Eagles