ImageImage

Nnamdi Asomugha

Moderator: SD2042

mikey1365
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Nnamdi Asomugha 

Post#1 » by mikey1365 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:26 pm

While this would be way out of character for the Steelers, not to mention finding the cap space to do it. Wouldnt it be a direct path to # 7

I ubderstand the likely hood of this happening is somewhere between 0 & not a chance. It would be fun, as well as some legs to the idea, this guy is a Steelers kind of guy, class guys, community guy, great locker room presence, not to mention argueably the best corner in football. With Aaron Smith more than likely being a back up this year, his contract will have to be re-worked, along with Woodley's new deal should give us enough room to resign Ike Taylor. Then we would need to find some other money to make this happen. For me I would not have a problem with trading Mendenhall, also restructuring Ward's deal, I dont know the perticular's maybe we could sign Ben to an extension if eligible, or re-structure his deal. What about James Harrison ? I wonder if trading him would create enough cap space, would hate to lose him, but if it would mean we could sign Nnamdi Asomugha, then I would be in as long as we didnt give him away. We would have to get a #1 for him I would imagine. What a defense it would be

Ziggy, Aaron
Hampton, Hoke, this is a position we really need to start looking for Casey is getting up there
Keisel, Heyward
Woodley, Worilds
Farrior, Fox, while Farrior has continued to play at a high level he has been exposed here and there we need to address this as well soon not to mention Timmons seems to be overmatched gets out-musled at times
Timmons, Foote
Harrison, ?????????
Ike, Crezdon Butler, Keenan Lewis
Palamalu, Allen
Clark, Mundy
Nnamdi Asomugha, Curtis Brown, Cortez Allen, William Gay, Bryant McFadden, Gay & McFadden also could be let go or at least one to loosen up some loot probably McFadden would make the most sense
Anklebreaker702
RealGM
And1: 164

Re: Nnamdi Asomugha 

Post#2 » by Anklebreaker702 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:34 am

If possible yes that would be outstanding. That's all we're lacking is cover guys.
VETERAN LAKER FAN

Return to Pittsburgh Steelers