ImageImage

Steelers Free Agency Status

Moderator: SD2042

mikey1365
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Steelers Free Agency Status 

Post#1 » by mikey1365 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:51 pm

With Ike Taylor resigned and Shaun Suisan deal done, we are currently in neg's with Willie Colon, Jonathan Scott, we have offered Colon a multi year contract, not sure were we are with Jonathan Scott. Plaxico Burress, yes thats right Plaxico Burress is suppossed to meet with Mike Tomlin & Kevin Colbert Sat for dinner. While I would endorse the signing of Plax, I have a hard time believing the Steelers have REAL interest in this guy. With his size and PAST ability to stretch the field would put alot of pressure on defenses with Wallace also scaring defenses, not to mention Sanders and Antonio Brown with rec cor of Ward, Wallace, Sanders, Brown, Burress I worry that the kids Brown and Sanders might lose some playing time.
mikey1365
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Re: Steelers Free Agency Status 

Post#2 » by mikey1365 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:54 pm

More news on steelers free agency, steelers have signed Jonathan Scott and Willie Colon, waived Flozell Adams, here is a quick look at what wold be the likely starters & noteables opening day

LT- Jonatham Scott, Marcus Gilbert, Tony Hills
LG- Chris Kemoeatu, Trai Essex
C - Maurkice Pouncey, Doug Legursky
RG- Ramon Foster (?) Keith Williams (R)
RT- Willie Colon, Chris Scott

Dont be surprised if Willie Colon moves inside to guard and Marcus Gilbert starts at either RT or maybe even LT and Jonathan Scott moves to RT

TE- Heath Miller, Matt Spaeth ?
TE- David Johnson (FB), Weslye Saunders R-FA

WR- Hines Ward, Emmanuel Sanders, We desperately are in need of big physical go to reciever here, maybe its Plax, but I doubt it I really think he wants to be in NY, maybe we take flyer on Roy Williams
WR- Mike Wallace, Antonio Brown

RB- Rashard Mendenhall, Issac Redman, need a third down back Moore is a UFA would like a pure pass catcher here a super speed guy

QB- Big Ben, Dennis Dixon, Byron Leftwich/Charlie Batch

DEFENSE

DE- Ziggy Hood, Aaron Smith
NT- Casey Hampton, Chris Hoke (UFA) Desperately need to address NT in the next draft
DE- Brett Keisel, Cameron Heyward

LB- James Harrison, Jason Worilds
LB- Lawrence Timmons, Larry Foote, Stevenson Sylvester
LB- James Farrior, Keyaron Fox (UFA)
LB- LaMarr Woodley, Chris Carter (R)

CB- Ike Taylor, Crezdon Butler, Keenan Lewis
CB- ???????????, Bryant McFadden, William Gay, Curtis Brown, Cortez Allen

This CB situation not real sure what happen here, McFadden & Gay would be the odvious choices to start but I wouldnt be surprised if one of the youngsters stepped in there maybe Crezdon Butler or Curtis Brown, Brown is a long shot just because of the lockout and no time to learn the system, dito for Cortez Allen although is supposed to be pretty smart player and instinctive and hard worker

SS- Troy Polamalu, Will Allen
FS- Ryan Clark, Ryan Mundy
Safety maybe are biggest area of need Clark IMO is overrated and Troy is slowing down this may be Troy's last year in the Burgh you got it here first, let me clarify Troy he has been hurt alot the last few years and his contract is up this year, his style of play, is one that does not lend well to aging, although he still remains one of the very best at making big plays I just dont know if he is that consistent

Overall the middle of the defense front to back is weak due to age and a huge lack of depth

Casey Hampton 33
James Farrior 36
Lawrence Timmons 25, his problem is I think he misses alot of tackles and is not big and strong enough to play in the middle, I think his skill set is more in line with an OLB in a 4-3
Ryan Clark 31
Troy Polamalu 30 and thats a beat up 30

And what makes all that even more troubling is there is virtually no depth behind those guys

Return to Pittsburgh Steelers