Gek
RealGM
And1: 1,807

Community chat 

Post#1 » by Gek » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:06 pm

1. No nfl talk*
2. Yinzer friendly zone

*this is modeled after the lakers community discussion threads

Just talk about things - music, tv, other sports.

Anyone listen to the new shady records mixtape?

Also making a turkey for the first time today w/ a roomate and thanksgiving food in general. having housegiving w/ 5-6 of us.
#teamhermes
go pens - pirates - steelers - lakers
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Re: Community chat 

Post#2 » by SD2042 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:03 pm

I haven't had a chance to check out Shady's mixtape yet. Between school and work, it can be very tedious. Probably get a chance if I can spot up some free time.

Are you and roommate making the trkey in the oven or on the grill? Also what other foods are yall preparing for Thursday?

Thxgiving with fam and friends is always cool. Especially when everybody pitches in to prepare the food. That's how the fam and I do it around the holidays. My dad does the turkey on the grill, my mom hits the side dishes with my sis and I pitching in and my sis and I handle desserts.

Man, I'm hungry already. :lol:
Gek
RealGM
And1: 1,807

Post#3 » by Gek » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:07 am

just had a plate of leftovers - delicious. we had turkey (oven), mashed potatoes, roasted sweet potatoes and a sweet sweet potato (?), green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, gravy, rolls. some brownies and apple pie for dessert. it was a ton of food and we're still eating it. impressive for a bunch of 24 year old kids.

never had grilled turkey. i was worried about drying it out. an oven is hard to **** up too much.
#teamhermes
go pens - pirates - steelers - lakers
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#4 » by SD2042 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:14 am

Gek wrote:just had a plate of leftovers - delicious. we had turkey (oven), mashed potatoes, roasted sweet potatoes and a sweet sweet potato (?), green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, gravy, rolls. some brownies and apple pie for dessert. it was a ton of food and we're still eating it. impressive for a bunch of 24 year old kids.

never had grilled turkey. i was worried about drying it out. an oven is hard to **** up too much.

We had turkey, dressing, potato salad, spaghetti, greens, corn, cranberry sauce, cornbread, rolls, homemade cake and ice cream for dessert.

Having smoked turkey on the grill is boss. Especially when the grill make the turkey tender and juicy. It would knock your socks off. If you decide to do another turkey by Christmas or next Thxgiving, give the grill a whirl.

Return to Pittsburgh Steelers