ImageImage

Week 4 Matchup and Game Discussion

Moderator: SD2042

studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 51,747
And1: 5,877
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Location: Getting hit in the head
         

Re: Week 4 Matchup and Game Discussion - Giants at Vikings, 8:30 ET, ESPN 

Post#321 » by studcrackers » Tue Oct 4, 2016 3:53 am

PockyCandy wrote:
studcrackers wrote:
PockyCandy wrote:
I'm a Vikings fan, and I think it's insane too.

btw, how about that defense? Other than a crazy Paul Perkins run, the Giants couldn't do crap the entire game. It was beautiful.


as a cowboys fan, i was quite pleased. just keep driving that bus and yall can be en route to houston. btw, thanks for Dak.


That's the plan :lol:

And Dak Prescott is the best player in Miss. State history (and that's not debatable) who basically carried State to a bowl game last year. I'm not surprised at all that he's doing so well in the NFL.

btw, do you want him to keep starting once Romo comes back?


i dont think it's even a discussion until Dak beats a top team. if he beats the bengals next week, then we'll talk. but even then, i dont see romo lasting more than a couple games when he gets back. it's a real shame. mentally he's the best he's ever been and his body is completely breaking down on him
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,140
And1: 531
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Week 4 Matchup and Game Discussion - Giants at Vikings, 8:30 ET, ESPN 

Post#322 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Oct 4, 2016 3:54 am

bleu wrote:
studcrackers wrote:im one of bradfords biggest critics, but it's insane to me he might be captaining the best team in the nfc


Absolutely agreed. I'm questioning everything I've thought about him in the past. Maybe he really was a hostage of bad systems before coming to Minny. I still need to see more from him before I'm REALLY impressed, but he's looked very nice so far this season.

I agree totally. I believe I posted a while back where I thought Bradford was in a bad situation with both the Rams and Eagles, even when he was healthy. Rams had a poor O-line the whole time after Bradford was drafted by the Rams.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,140
And1: 531
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Week 4 Matchup and Game Discussion - Giants at Vikings, 8:30 ET, ESPN 

Post#323 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Oct 4, 2016 3:56 am

PockyCandy wrote:
studcrackers wrote:
PockyCandy wrote:
I'm a Vikings fan, and I think it's insane too.

btw, how about that defense? Other than a crazy Paul Perkins run, the Giants couldn't do crap the entire game. It was beautiful.


as a cowboys fan, i was quite pleased. just keep driving that bus and yall can be en route to houston. btw, thanks for Dak.


That's the plan :lol:

And Dak Prescott is the best player in Miss. State history (and that's not debatable) who basically carried State to a bowl game last year. I'm not surprised at all that he's doing so well in the NFL.

btw, do you want him to keep starting once Romo comes back?

YES< YES< YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,140
And1: 531
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Week 4 Matchup and Game Discussion - Giants at Vikings, 8:30 ET, ESPN 

Post#324 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Oct 4, 2016 4:00 am

studcrackers wrote:
PockyCandy wrote:
studcrackers wrote:
as a cowboys fan, i was quite pleased. just keep driving that bus and yall can be en route to houston. btw, thanks for Dak.


That's the plan :lol:

And Dak Prescott is the best player in Miss. State history (and that's not debatable) who basically carried State to a bowl game last year. I'm not surprised at all that he's doing so well in the NFL.

btw, do you want him to keep starting once Romo comes back?


i dont think it's even a discussion until Dak beats a top team. if he beats the bengals next week, then we'll talk. but even then, i dont see romo lasting more than a couple games when he gets back. it's a real shame. mentally he's the best he's ever been and his body is completely breaking down on him

The only shame is we can't get rid of Romo now unless we want to have 19 million in dead money next season for a player not here. thanks again Jerry for another wonderful, handcuffing contract.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 51,747
And1: 5,877
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Location: Getting hit in the head
         

Re: Week 4 Matchup and Game Discussion - Giants at Vikings, 8:30 ET, ESPN 

Post#325 » by studcrackers » Tue Oct 4, 2016 4:01 am

The Cowboys will never have cap room again
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
therealbig3
RealGM
Posts: 20,226
And1: 6,543
Joined: Jul 31, 2010

Re: Week 4 Matchup and Game Discussion - Giants at Vikings, 8:30 ET, ESPN 

Post#326 » by therealbig3 » Tue Oct 4, 2016 6:11 am

I for one am extremely happy to see the Giants and the Jets fail so spectacularly the last couple of weeks, since I've had to listen to NY sports radio hype both of them up after week 2.

Won't forget how a Redskins fan called in and was ripped apart by a NY sports talking head, because the Giants were 2-0 and the Redskins were 0-2, and that the Giants were so obviously superior, and that the caller should be embarrassed for mentioning the two in the same sentence...well, now they're both 2-2, and the Redskins have a win over them.

It's the Giants we're talking about, they've proven year after year that they never have a guaranteed win and are capable of losing to anybody...why the need to be so smug and arrogant about how good the Giants are?
User avatar
blazza18
RealGM
Posts: 31,202
And1: 8,505
Joined: Dec 02, 2010
Location: Aussie bias
     

Re: Week 4 Matchup and Game Discussion - Giants at Vikings, 8:30 ET, ESPN 

Post#327 » by blazza18 » Tue Oct 4, 2016 9:24 am

Considering what a mess the NFC East has been for years it's amazing to me how little heat there is over the Giants being a complete dumpster fire for years now. I'm sure the national media are coming up with another excuse as to why they should be division favourites because if it wasn't for some dumb error they'd be 4-0 right now
trwi7 wrote:Completely forgot Beasley is on the team. We really miss him. Give him $10 million.
Celtsfan1980
Analyst
Posts: 3,481
And1: 124
Joined: Mar 25, 2008

Re: Week 4 Matchup and Game Discussion - Giants at Vikings, 8:30 ET, ESPN 

Post#328 » by Celtsfan1980 » Tue Oct 4, 2016 10:09 am

therealbig3 wrote:I've had to listen to NY sports radio hype both of them up after week 2.

Who forced you to listen? Other than being a fan of a rival there's no reason to hate the Giants. May as well make one up.
therealbig3
RealGM
Posts: 20,226
And1: 6,543
Joined: Jul 31, 2010

Re: Week 4 Matchup and Game Discussion - Giants at Vikings, 8:30 ET, ESPN 

Post#329 » by therealbig3 » Tue Oct 4, 2016 11:58 am

Celtsfan1980 wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:I've had to listen to NY sports radio hype both of them up after week 2.

Who forced you to listen? Other than being a fan of a rival there's no reason to hate the Giants. May as well make one up.


Well I also happen to be an Eagles fan.

I like listening to sports radio, and I happen to live in the tri state area. The majority of the discussion has been about the Giants and the Jets being so great after week 2. And to be honest, I actually don't mind listening about them, it's just irritating to hear the extreme homerism and overconfidence...and it's the same story every year from the NY sports media.
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,804
And1: 749
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: Week 4 Matchup and Game Discussion - Giants at Vikings, 8:30 ET, ESPN 

Post#330 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Oct 4, 2016 11:59 am

therealbig3 wrote:I for one am extremely happy to see the Giants and the Jets fail so spectacularly the last couple of weeks, since I've had to listen to NY sports radio hype both of them up after week 2.

Won't forget how a Redskins fan called in and was ripped apart by a NY sports talking head, because the Giants were 2-0 and the Redskins were 0-2, and that the Giants were so obviously superior, and that the caller should be embarrassed for mentioning the two in the same sentence...well, now they're both 2-2, and the Redskins have a win over them.

It's the Giants we're talking about, they've proven year after year that they never have a guaranteed win and are capable of losing to anybody...why the need to be so smug and arrogant about how good the Giants are?


I had to work up there last year and spent a little time listening to some of the local talk in hopes of finding something other than that utter blowhard Francesa. It wasn't terrible... but I'll stick with the Ticket in Dallas.

I'll say this though - what I heard wasn't kind at all toward Coughlin at the time. What I didn't hear (although I've been told it does happen) is much ripping on Reese. He seems to be making a nice living off of those two trophies. His drafts sure as hell don't warrant him keeping a job.
Image
User avatar
Arda K
RealGM
Posts: 47,964
And1: 18,752
Joined: Apr 11, 2007
Location: Frisco
     

Re: Week 4 Matchup and Game Discussion - Giants at Vikings, 8:30 ET, ESPN 

Post#331 » by Arda K » Tue Oct 4, 2016 7:42 pm

blazza18 wrote:Considering what a mess the NFC East has been for years it's amazing to me how little heat there is over the Giants being a complete dumpster fire for years now. I'm sure the national media are coming up with another excuse as to why they should be division favourites because if it wasn't for some dumb error they'd be 4-0 right now

winning titles make people look away, saints has been the worst run franchise for the past half a decade but no one ever talks about it
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!


Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
DirtybirdGA
Veteran
Posts: 2,720
And1: 510
Joined: Mar 28, 2005
Location: Augusta
     

Re: Week 4 Matchup and Game Discussion 

Post#332 » by DirtybirdGA » Tue Oct 4, 2016 9:42 pm

KC is gonna have to wait a while..

Image
Where the offseason has more buzz happens.
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect
Posts: 807
And1: 73
Joined: Jun 02, 2016

Re: Week 4 Matchup and Game Discussion - Giants at Vikings, 8:30 ET, ESPN 

Post#333 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Tue Oct 4, 2016 11:16 pm

Arda K wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Considering what a mess the NFC East has been for years it's amazing to me how little heat there is over the Giants being a complete dumpster fire for years now. I'm sure the national media are coming up with another excuse as to why they should be division favourites because if it wasn't for some dumb error they'd be 4-0 right now

winning titles make people look away, saints has been the worst run franchise for the past half a decade but no one ever talks about it


theyve been the worst franchise since their beginning with one incline

Return to Pittsburgh Steelers