Melvin Gordon

Moderator: bwgood77

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,413

Melvin Gordon 

Post#1 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jul 1, 2015 1:21 pm

In his first two months in San Diego, Chargers rookie running back Melvin Gordon has shown he’s ready to handle anything thrown at him.

Chargers running back coach Ollie Wilson says Gordon has picked up the offense quickly and is improving in his understanding of pass protection, which he didn’t do a lot of at Wisconsin.

“He studies and he’s smart,” Wilson said, via ESPN. “When you give him something, you know that you’re on to the next thing. Usually with rookies it takes a little while to get it done. Now, he’s still working through some of the protection stuff. But for the most part, when we give him something, he’s pretty much got it. So that’s going to help him stay on the field.”

Last year’s leading rusher Branden Oliver is back in San Diego, and so are veterans Donald Brown and Danny Woodhead. But from all indications, Gordon will be the starter in San Diego. He looks ready to go now.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/25/melvin-gordon-impresses-in-san-diego/
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,348

Re: Melvin Gordon 

Post#2 » by Revived » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:15 pm

I hope he can wreck havoc for us so that it takes some pressure away from Rivers.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,725

Re: Melvin Gordon 

Post#3 » by madmaxmedia » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:52 pm

RB is a position that rookies can normally jump right in and get significant carries. So I'm expecting Melvin to start right away and hopefully make an impact on our offense. I like Woodhead but he is best served as change of pace/utility/3rd down guy. I admire Oliver's spunk but he's ideally one of your backups, not your starter.

Return to Los Angeles Chargers