Seahawks @ Chargers Game Thread

Moderator: bwgood77

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,365

Seahawks @ Chargers Game Thread 

Post#1 » by bwgood77 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:52 pm

Can we hang with them? They are typically not a great road team and could be a little overconfident right now, but Orhnberger could be very shaky. That's probably my biggest fear. I think SD will end up going a lot to Gates as it will be tough to run or hit the wrs.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,156

Re: Seahawks @ Chargers Game Thread 

Post#2 » by Revived » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:27 pm

Looks like another choke maybe on its way?
Revived
RealGM

Post#3 » by Revived » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:28 am

Nvm good win. Bwgood where you at bruh.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#4 » by bwgood77 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:27 am

SF88 wrote:Nvm good win. Bwgood where you at bruh.

I watched it at a sports bar. I don't know if I've ever been more uneasy about a game we led start to finish than that one. The D looked awful...they were just lucky that our offense was on the field for so long, that Seattle rarely had chances, but when they did, they moved right down the field with ease and scored (yeah, once, when the guy was out of bounds).

So, when we gave them the ball with 4-5 minutes left and a six point lead, I thought we were in trouble. But then the D looked unbelievable. I can't remember a SD looking as good as they did on a crucial drive against a tough D than they did on that last series. I guess they were good the previous defensive series too, but I wasn't sure if it was for real. Those guys really brought it at the end.

HUGE win. Now it looks like we have a tough one at Buffalo next week. Buffalo has been pretty impressive so far. Hopefully we don't have a letdown or go in overconfident or anything.
Revived
RealGM

Post#5 » by Revived » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:19 am

I'm excited about this one. I really didn't think we'll pull it off.
matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,758

Post#6 » by matt131 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:53 am

Sorry I wasn't around during game time. But HOLY COW CHARGERS ARE GONNA WIN THE SUPER BOWL NOW!!!!

Haha but more seriously, we stepped up this game. Rivers stepped up. GATES stepped up. The pass rush stepped up. And most importantly, we seemed to be the mentally TOUGHER team. We controlled the flow of the game on offense and our defense picked up when it mattered most.

I'm not sure I've ever seen Wilson get hit so much. Our front 7 made their offensive line look WEAK. Much credit must go to the coaches, as they switched up our schemes a lot. Whether we had a spy on Wilson or just rushed with 4, the defense was getting there.

Really a 30-14 game in my mind (head refs in NY really wanted the Seahawks to win this one).

And man. Gates was HUGE. He just straight up punked that vaunted defense. Sherman was a little crybaby afterward, not wanting to talk to the media and then going to twitter to say that he still shut down the right side. Ummm dude, were you there? We threw all over the right side. Two of Gates' TDs were on the right side.

I still can't believe the Chargers didn't give this away. The pressure on Wilson, tackling, and intelligence on our last defensive drive was superb.

I loved how we controlled the time of possession as well. And best of all, we played this well in only our second game of the year. Usually it takes us until week 16 to feel the need to perform.

Great win guys. Now be prepared for a tough game against the Bills. Cannot take them too lightly.
matt131
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by matt131 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:46 am

Pretty good article dissecting the Chargers game plan against the Seahawks:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ers_brooks
Revived
RealGM

Post#8 » by Revived » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:35 am

I like the rookie Verrett. Kid's balling.

And btw do either of you (matt and bwgood) find it ironic that the 3 Chargers fans here are also Suns fans? :lol:

Lord have mercy on us, we deserve a championship from either PHX or San Diego.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#9 » by bwgood77 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:42 pm

SF88 wrote:I like the rookie Verrett. Kid's balling.

And btw do either of you (matt and bwgood) find it ironic that the 3 Chargers fans here are also Suns fans? :lol:

That is kind of funny. I know there is at least one clippers fan and one raptors fan that have posted during or since the draft, but I had to PM them and each of them only posted once.

It is just strange no one comes here. There are quite a few fans on the NFL general board, but that's it.

I know most teams have their own sites, but since I am here all the time, and am very new to the other Chargers site, I'd rather post here if there were at least a handful of people that posted. Sometimes when there are SO many fans, threads just move fast, especially game threads, and you don't really have any back and forth conversation.

Then of course, if many posters know each other, new fans rarely get responses.

I've looked thru posts on the Clips and Lakers boards, and you'd figure there would be SOME SD fans, but I've only seen one. Most seem to be either Raiders or Rams fans, which makes some sense if they have been around a while, but younger fans seem like they would pull for SD.
matt131
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by matt131 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:27 am

Haha seriously! I absolutely LOVE my teams, but in recent years, there have been some torturous games/moments.

And I agree; Verrett is looking good. I didn't know until game time on Sunday that Flowers wasn't able to play, but Jason stepped up. I am also really liking Attaochu. He's a straight up animal and just gets after it. Nice to have someone with that motor and athleticism.

If the Chargers keep their heads on straight, we'll be 6-1 heading into our first matchup against the Broncos. Man, imagine if we could win that one too....
Revived
RealGM

Post#11 » by Revived » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:18 am

matt131 wrote:

Haha seriously! I absolutely LOVE my teams, but in recent years, there have been some torturous games/moments.

And I agree; Verrett is looking good. I didn't know until game time on Sunday that Flowers wasn't able to play, but Jason stepped up. I am also really liking Attaochu. He's a straight up animal and just gets after it. Nice to have someone with that motor and athleticism.

If the Chargers keep their heads on straight, we'll be 6-1 heading into our first matchup against the Broncos. Man, imagine if we could win that one too....

Yea but knowing the Chargers, they usually follow up a big win by coming out completely flat and unprepared next game. Buffalo is 2-0. We should be able to beat them but not if we are mentally weak and go in there thinking it will be easy.

Flowers looks like he might be out another week. Attoachu as well which is a shame cause I think that rook paired with Super Melvin and Freeney make our pass rushing look good for the first time in forever.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#12 » by bwgood77 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:50 pm

SF88 wrote:
matt131 wrote:

Yea but knowing the Chargers, they usually follow up a big win by coming out completely flat and unprepared next game. Buffalo is 2-0. We should be able to beat them but not if we are mentally weak and go in there thinking it will be easy.

Flowers looks like he might be out another week. Attoachu as well which is a shame cause I think that rook paired with Super Melvin and Freeney make our pass rushing look good for the first time in forever.

Yeah, the Buffalo game is a bit of a worry. They will be traveling across the country and basically playing at 10 am SD time. Hopefully with this new coaching staff we don't follow big wins by bad losses and stay sharp.

Return to Los Angeles Chargers