Chargers moving to LA/Chargers new stadium in SD discussion

Moderator: bwgood77

Will you still be a Chargers fan if the team moves to LA?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 4

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,424

Chargers moving to LA/Chargers new stadium in SD discussion 

Post#1 » by Revived » Mon May 25, 2015 10:32 am

Let's use this to talk about this.

Personally, I prefer them staying in SD but I don't think I'll stop rooting for them if they move. They still have my favorite players like Rivers, Weddle and Gates still on the team. And those are the guys im rooting for regardless of what city their in.

However, I HATE the idea of us having to sharing a stadium with the freaking Raiders. I really hope that doesn't happen.

Thoughts on the Chargers potentially moving to LA?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,466

Re: Chargers moving to LA/Chargers new stadium in SD discussion 

Post#2 » by bwgood77 » Mon May 25, 2015 5:41 pm

I really hope they stay in SD, but ultimately it doesn't really matter to me as a fan since I don't live there anymore. I've always loved San Diego though and never been a fan of anything LA, so it would be a little strange pulling for a team in LA.

But since I've been a fan for years, I just don't think it would be easy to stop being a fan and since there is never complete roster overhaul, unless you hate all the players and coaches, it would be tough to do so.
Revived
RealGM

Post#3 » by Revived » Mon May 25, 2015 7:18 pm

I kinda wonder if moving to LA would make them a premier FA destination like in basketball.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#4 » by bwgood77 » Mon May 25, 2015 7:39 pm

SF88 wrote:I kinda wonder if moving to LA would make them a premier FA destination like in basketball.

I just heard that if the Chargers and Raiders get the stadium in LA, that it would likely mean the Chargers would move to the NFC West and the Cardinals would move to the AFC West. I'm not sure I'd like that.

It seems like it would make most sense if the Raiders went to NFC and the Seahawks went to AFC since they were there before, though that would be a brutal division.
Revived
RealGM

Post#5 » by Revived » Mon May 25, 2015 9:35 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
SF88 wrote:I kinda wonder if moving to LA would make them a premier FA destination like in basketball.

I just heard that if the Chargers and Raiders get the stadium in LA, that it would likely mean the Chargers would move to the NFC West and the Cardinals would move to the AFC West. I'm not sure I'd like that.

It seems like it would make most sense if the Raiders went to NFC and the Seahawks went to AFC since they were there before, though that would be a brutal division.

Yea or swap the Rams and the Raiders.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#6 » by bwgood77 » Tue May 26, 2015 12:42 am

SF88 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Had you heard this about Weddle? You gotta wonder if Weddle and Rivers will be Chargers after this year. I think Rivers will be franchised at a minimum if they can't reach a contract extension, but Weddle could be gone.

http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2015/5/ ... ttend-otas
Revived
RealGM

Post#7 » by Revived » Tue May 26, 2015 7:25 am

bwgood77 wrote:
SF88 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Had you heard this about Weddle? You gotta wonder if Weddle and Rivers will be Chargers after this year. I think Rivers will be franchised at a minimum if they can't reach a contract extension, but Weddle could be gone.

Yea I heard about that hope they solve it. I met Weddle in person at a Cheesecake Factory in SD a year ago and even though we only chatted shortly, he just seemed like a nice guy with a great personality.

He's probably my 2nd favorite Charger right now. I really hope they don't screw him over and give him the money he deserves.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#8 » by bwgood77 » Thu May 28, 2015 2:54 am

SF88 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
SF88 wrote:Yea or swap the Rams and the Raiders.

Yea I heard about that hope they solve it. I met Weddle in person at a Cheesecake Factory in SD a year ago and even though we only chatted shortly, he just seemed like a nice guy with a great personality.

He's probably my 2nd favorite Charger right now. I really hope they don't screw him over and give him the money he deserves.

I like Weddle too. Gates is probably my favorite Charger, so I hope he sticks around as long as possible. He and Rivers are just so money. I took him in so many fantasy leagues because all the "experts" said Ladarius Green was going to take over his job and he dropped. He is in the same situation as Rivers and Weddle though. I hope they keep them all, but they may want to move on and not overpay, but I think Gates is a guy who can play for awhile despite his age and I think the Chargers should be able to keep him at a reasonable cost.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#9 » by bwgood77 » Sun May 31, 2015 1:34 am

SF88 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
SF88 wrote:Yea or swap the Rams and the Raiders.

Another interesting story....I actually get this delivered in print and came across it today reading it. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/20 ... /28070227/
matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,764

Post#10 » by matt131 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:03 am

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/story/_/id/13458922/san-diego-chargers-oakland-raiders-willing-change-divisions-accommodate-los-angeles-relocation

I just think this is too strange. I hate that the Chargers organization wants out of SD so badly. I'd still be a fan if they left, but I would seriously be much less interested.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#11 » by bwgood77 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:20 am

matt131 wrote:http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/story/_/id/13458922/san-diego-chargers-oakland-raiders-willing-change-divisions-accommodate-los-angeles-relocation

I just think this is too strange. I hate that the Chargers organization wants out of SD so badly. I'd still be a fan if they left, but I would seriously be much less interested.

I wouldn't like it if they moved to LA, but ultimately I guess it wouldn't impact my fandom. It would REALLY suck if they switched to the NFC though. And the Raiders I think were one of the first teams in the AFL, so I don't know that they would switch.

I guess if the Chargers switched with the Cardinals it wouldn't be so bad...I'd rather they not be in the same conference.
Revived
RealGM

Post#12 » by Revived » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:52 pm

Rivers would get massacred by the Seahawks DL if the Chargers moved to the NFC West.

SD has struggled against Arizona's front 7 in recent years as well.

St Louis has an elite defense as well.

Return to Los Angeles Chargers