Moderator: bwgood77

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,420

Chargers will not resign Eric Weddle before season 

Post#1 » by Revived » Thu Jun 4, 2015 5:51 pm

This is absolutely terrible news

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ct-in-2015

And the Chargers negotiated in bad faith because before the draft when Weddle said he wants to get it done, the Chargers said wait til after the draft and fans called Weddle a cry baby for not waiting til after the draft.

Now it looks like Weddle knew all along the true color of the Chargers FO. Weddle is one of the best players on the team and he had his best season last year and they don't want to extend him? What a joke. I can't wait til after next season when we will be getting torched by opposing offenses.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,461

Re: Chargers will not resign Eric Weddle before season 

Post#2 » by bwgood77 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:06 am

SF88 wrote:This is absolutely terrible news

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ct-in-2015

And the Chargers negotiated in bad faith because before the draft when Weddle said he wants to get it done, the Chargers said wait til after the draft and fans called Weddle a cry baby for not waiting til after the draft.

Now it looks like Weddle knew all along the true color of the Chargers FO. Weddle is one of the best players on the team and he had his best season last year and they don't want to extend him? What a joke. I can't wait til after next season when we will be getting torched by opposing offenses.

I really like him, but maybe not as much as you do. They may end up franchising him if they can't work out a contract. They need to focus on Rivers first and foremost. That's probably the plan...you can't take yourself out of room to work out a contract for Rivers.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,420

Re: Chargers will not resign Eric Weddle before season 

Post#3 » by Revived » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:52 am

Yea I mean Rivers is the #1 priority but Weddle is as important to the defense as Rivers is to the offense.

Guys like Flowers & Verrett have all said it that Weddle helped them transition to the Chargers defense so much.

Return to Los Angeles Chargers