Gates suspension 

Post#1 » by bwgood77 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 4:44 pm

Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,261

Re: Gates suspension 

Post#2 » by Froob » Fri Jul 3, 2015 7:13 pm

To me it's not about the cheating, it's about the lying and the cover up. If he'd just owned up and said he took PEDs it wouldn't be a big deal but now he's made it into a big deal. I don't have any proof at all he lied but in today's age I don't need to to question somebodies character.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,341

Post#3 » by Revived » Wed Jul 8, 2015 5:31 am

Froob wrote:To me it's not about the cheating, it's about the lying and the cover up. If he'd just owned up and said he took PEDs it wouldn't be a big deal but now he's made it into a big deal. I don't have any proof at all he lied but in today's age I don't need to to question somebodies character.

That's how I feel as well. Gates is maybe my second most favorite Charger ever and I love him to death but I wish he just owned it rather than the "oops I didn't know" excuse.

Ignorance can't be an excuse. It's his job to know what's allowed and not allowed.

Whatever, this is the first time in his entire life he's screwed up. He deserves a freebie.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,724

Post#4 » by madmaxmedia » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:50 pm

At the official board, most seem to believe he just mistakingly took a supplement with prohibited substance. Gates is a good guy, but that's pretty much everyone's excuse.

But yeah, either way I'll still be rooting for him when he comes back.

Return to Los Angeles Chargers