When did you become a Chargers fan and what was your favorite team?

Moderator: bwgood77

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,051

When did you become a Chargers fan and what was your favorite team? 

Post#1 » by bwgood77 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:29 pm

For me I became a Chargers fan when I was just a kid watching Fouts and the Air Coryell offense. They were so fun to watch I was hooked. A lot of tough years after that. I never particularly thought the Stan Humphries teams were all that great despite getting to the Super Bowl. Just very well coached.

My favorite team was probably that 14-2 team under Schottenheimer. Then of course he gets fired after the year. :nonono: :banghead:

I also liked the Brees teams the couple of years before that (pretty much the same team with a different qb). I actually moved there about the time they blew the first Jets playoff game and then lived there the year they may have had their best team, but had such a tough schedule they barely missed the playoffs at 9-7. They even blew out the Patriots that year, but had some crazy bad losses, like a FG to ice the Eagles at the end while up by 6, but instead of making it, or simply just missing it, it gets blocked and returned for a touchdown. Crazy stuff like that happened that year. I think Gates also held out the first two games, and the Chargers FO was stubborn and it likely cost us two close games to start the season against tough teams.
thanumba2clippersfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 700

Re: When did you become a Chargers fan and what was your favorite team? 

Post#2 » by thanumba2clippersfan » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:17 am

I was looking for an NFL team and at the time the Chargers were the closest to L.A. I think it was Ladanian Tomlinson's 2nd season that I became a fan of the team. He was a young and exciting player and the Raiders were getting old.

My best years were when LT won the mvp and when the team made it to the afc title game against the Patriots.
I've been an LA Clipper fan since 1998 and that will never change. I hate our new logo and jerseys!
OnceUponADime
Senior
And1: 399

Post#3 » by OnceUponADime » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:26 am

bwgood77 wrote:My favorite team was probably that 14-2 team under Schottenheimer. Then of course he gets fired after the year. :nonono: :banghead:

One of the worst decisions this team has made in franchise history was firing him. I loved that season too, I was in Qualcolm on that last home game of the reg season in which LT set the TDs record against Denver. That place went bonkers, it was so loud and crazy that you could actually feel a vibration in the stadium.
Fab Five
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#4 » by Fab Five » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:37 am

I've been a fan since 94, during their Super Bowl run (Super Bowl XXIX).

Return to Los Angeles Chargers