49ers Board Community Thread

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 153

49ers Board Community Thread 

Post#1 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:12 pm

I stole this from KingInExile from the Kings board. I think it's a good idea and might help grow a "poster populous".

The purpose of this tread is to provide a place for general “community” discussions between posters. Post your random thoughts about anything in the world (as long as it doesn't violate the forum rules): politics, other teams/sports, cool things going on in your life, crappy things going on in your life, whatever is on your mind (assuming you have one).

Basic rules: Number one, specific personal information (such as real name, where posters live, where posters go to school, ect.) is not allowed because of policies designed to protect minors who post here. Also, before posting in this thread, ask yourself if it might not be better to post on one of the OT boards or the General board.
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 649

Re: 49ers Board Community Thread 

Post#2 » by Wolfay » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:47 pm

Maybe they just don't want to fraternize with Kings fans, but you need to get the GSW guys over here! They have a 35 page Niners thread on their board.
Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:14 pm

Good idea, it looks like they have a solid fan base, hopefully they'll make the transition over.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,467

Post#4 » by RIPskaterdude » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:52 pm

I tried to get those guys over here before, but for some reason, they keep forgetting that RealGM has OTHER SPORTS BOARDS than just basketball.
TheLowlySquire
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,345

Post#5 » by TheLowlySquire » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:45 am

I used to try to get them over to the Giants board, but no dice.

Then again I shouldn't be talking cause I hardly ever post on the NFL or NBA boards. Or NHL and I'm a mod there. :uhoh:
Sandlot
Junior
And1: 0

Post#6 » by Sandlot » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:53 am

Random thought but I think the name football doesn't work for this sport. How about changing the name to tackleball?
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,211

Post#7 » by EvanZ » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:39 am

Do you guys post on NN?
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
TheLowlySquire
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,345

Post#8 » by TheLowlySquire » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:14 am

Nah, I sometimes read it though. I read McC daily.
Wavy Q
RealGM
And1: 2,390

Post#9 » by Wavy Q » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:42 am

:wave:
Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:57 pm

Jay From LA wrote::wave:

Hey Jay, welcome!
Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:01 pm

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I'm thankful for Jim Harbaugh!
YC42Balla
Rookie
And1: 62

Post#12 » by YC42Balla » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:30 pm

Last nights game reaction... :-o :-? :( :nonono: :banghead: :cry:

EDIT: A little of this too: :pray:
SAC-RA-MEN-TO #HEREWESTAYED
Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:43 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu4di3Pryig[/youtube]
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#14 » by TNBT » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:16 pm

This sounds like a good topic for a thread, and as has been said, hopefully it increases the number of people posting on different boards. I've just started playing football, mainly because 2013 is the first year that we have a team in my city. The season starts in May, so I've started following the NFL a bit more closely lately. Most of the handful of teams that I support are all in the east, or at least central (Jets, Giants, Bears, Skins, Colts), but I was remembering today about the first piece of football apparel that I ever had... a 49ers beanie. I love San Francisco (who wouldn't?) and it's really high on my list of places I'd love to move to in the US. I also like the Giants, so I figured why not become an official 49ers fan? I don't know a huge amount about the team at this point, so I'm hoping to learn more. If anyone could give me a bit of as idea of the strengths and weaknesses of this team, that would be appreciated. Also, what is this NN place that people have mentioned posting at?
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 649

Post#15 » by Wolfay » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:12 pm

TNBT wrote:This sounds like a good topic for a thread, and as has been said, hopefully it increases the number of people posting on different boards. I've just started playing football, mainly because 2013 is the first year that we have a team in my city. The season starts in May, so I've started following the NFL a bit more closely lately. Most of the handful of teams that I support are all in the east, or at least central (Jets, Giants, Bears, Skins, Colts), but I was remembering today about the first piece of football apparel that I ever had... a 49ers beanie. I love San Francisco (who wouldn't?) and it's really high on my list of places I'd love to move to in the US. I also like the Giants, so I figured why not become an official 49ers fan? I don't know a huge amount about the team at this point, so I'm hoping to learn more. If anyone could give me a bit of as idea of the strengths and weaknesses of this team, that would be appreciated. Also, what is this NN place that people have mentioned posting at?

Welcome!

The strength of the 49ers is without the question the defense. They're capable of stopping just about any kind of offense when they want to, and it starts at the line of scrimmage. They're able to hold the run and put effective pressure on the quarterback, which of course makes the job for our excellent linebackers much easier. The secondary is also strong, but you do see them get burned from time to time.

The knock on the 49ers over the past decade has been the offense, but that's becoming less and less the case as Kaepernick develops. He has a strong and increasingly accurate arm and our receiving core has improved significantly. Crabtree has finally developed into reliable first option, and Manningham and Moss are strong second options. Kaep and Vernon Davis aren't a reliable duo yet, but I confident they'll develop the necessary chemistry soon. The weakness at the moment is probably Kaep's inexperience, but he seems to be a fast learner.

Special teams can be hit or miss. The special teams pretty much cost us the Super Bowl last season with muffing or fumbling returns, and that still happens from time to time. Akers was a GOD last season on field goals, but ever since he hit the 63-yard field goal to begin this season in Green Bay, he's fallen off dramatically. Who knows why. Andy Lee is phenomenal punter, possibly the best in the league.

Ever since Harbaugh was hired, coaching has been a significant strength. The only weaknesses in that I can think of is their embarrassing challenge record, and a tendency sometimes to switch to a conservative style on both sides once we attain a big lead on a team.

Anyway that's a very quick and simple rundown. I hope that helps, and NN is Niners Nation I think. You should also quickly develop an intense hatred for the Rams. They used to play in LA, so it was a Northern California (NorCal) versus Southern California (SoCal) thing, but it still continues even though they play in St. Louis. **** the Cowboys too.

GO NINERS!
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#16 » by TNBT » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:53 pm

Thanks for all the info mate. I watched the game against the Packers last week and I was very impressed with Kaepernick. I haven't looked up his stats, but he seems to be big and quite strong for a QB, and I love the way he's able to get out and run when the play breaks down. I've also kind of fallen in love with the defense as well lol. I think Crabtree is becoming a really good WR, and as you said, Moss and Manningham are very good options as well. Just found out that the game against Atlanta is on monday morning (our time), so it's actually the day after we train. Got the game set to record and I'm so pumped.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#17 » by and1GS » Thu Feb 7, 2013 5:19 pm

Why was the Culliver thread locked? If we're going to try and generate activity in this forum we can't be locking threads the moment they go slightly off-topic. Can I at least get a guideline for what is and is not acceptable in this uber inactive forum?
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#18 » by TNBT » Fri Feb 8, 2013 9:43 am

I tend to agree. The bigot posting crap in that thread was, in a word, disgusting. However, the sad fact is that such pathetic excuses for human beings are out there in society, and we have to face them every day. There was so much that was just wrong with what he said that I wouldn't even know where to start with a reply. I did quite enjoy how he tried to link homosexuality to pedophilia and necrophilia too... He just seemed to skip over the fact that not only is being gay not illegal, it's also a choice between two consenting adults. The other two are not. At the end of the day though, you'll get moron bible-fanatics like that spouting sh*t all over the place, because a book that was written by man and called the word of "God" (if he even exists) apparently entitles them to judge the rest of society and apparently means that they're in a position to dictate to others how they can live their lives. Just a sad, sorry, pathetic excuse for a human.

On the issue though, I'm not anti-God, anti-Christian, anti-religious or anything like that. I'm an agnostic athiest, but I have no problem with people believing in whatever they feel is true. I have a problem though when they feel that everyone else must live according to their beliefs, and that they can discriminate against people whose lifestyles they don't agree with.

Oh, I also loved the attempted link between HIV/AIDS and gay people, as if it's a "gay peoples disease" and it could infect all us straight people if we dare treat gay people as equals.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#19 » by and1GS » Fri Feb 8, 2013 6:56 pm

I thought it was funny how he tried to lump everyone into his thought process by saying "most people would agree with me..."

Anyways, point is that the thread didn't get confrontational, it really wasn't off topic (the whole thread was about gay slurs) and we need activity here. This forum is dead beyond dead and the only way to save it is to generate activity any way possible.

Maybe someone sees activity in that thread, comments on it, says 'wow that was dumb,' then comes back the next day and comments in another thread. That's a way that activity can be manufactured.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:20 pm

Please PM me if you have questions like this.

The thread is unlocked but I'd like to remind everyone to stay civil and abide by the forum rules. These types of discussions tend to get hostile very quickly.

Return to San Francisco 49ers