Around the NFL Thread

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Re: Around the NFL Thread 

Post#421 » by ChrisPozz » Sun Feb 7, 2016 4:01 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:Bears' free-agent watch: Matt Forte pessimistic about return

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4701842/bears-free-agent-watch-matt-forte-pessimistic-about-return

Hmm, Patriots maybe if they release Mayo? That'd be scary.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4790436/broncos-super-bowl-win-sets-up-possibility-of-2016-season-opener-vs-patriots

2. As much as any team in the NFL, the Patriots value pass-catching ability from their running backs, and one of the league’s best in that area, Matt Forte, is scheduled to become a free agent this offseason. On Friday, Forte said on NFL Network, “It’s not even about the money. I want to be in Super Bowls.” At the very least, the running back-needy Patriots figure to explore the possibility as Forte, who turned 30 on Dec. 10, could be a multi-purpose weapon in the team’s offense while also not having to be the workhorse he once was in Chicago.

Like I said...............
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#422 » by ChrisPozz » Sun Feb 7, 2016 4:02 pm

Adam Schefter:

Teammates still attempting to change his mind, but Seahawks' RB Marshawn Lynch has told some close to him he plans to retire, per sources.

Good..........bye.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#423 » by NinerSickness » Mon Feb 8, 2016 7:47 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Sick was probably one of the only 2 persons that didn't vote for him. Hater!

D*mn straight. I was a Vick & Vince Young hater too back in the day when they were making pro bowls every year.

I wasn't impressed with Michael Sam's DPOY for the SEC award either.

Running QBs go on hot streaks, but they always come crashing back down to earth unless they're also accurate passers (which, as you saw today, Cam is not). Rodgers & Steve Young have been the only ones who have ever been great at both. Steve McNair & Randall Cunningham eventually developed into really good (wouldn't say great) passers very late into their careers, but they both had one foot in retirement by that time.

And McNabb was a bigger fraud than sCam is.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#424 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Feb 8, 2016 12:38 pm

NinerSickness wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Sick was probably one of the only 2 persons that didn't vote for him. Hater!

D*mn straight. I was a Vick & Vince Young hater too back in the day when they were making pro bowls every year.

I wasn't impressed with Michael Sam's DPOY for the SEC award either.

Running QBs go on hot streaks, but they always come crashing back down to earth unless they're also accurate passers (which, as you saw today, Cam is not). Rodgers & Steve Young have been the only ones who have ever been great at both. Steve McNair & Randall Cunningham eventually developed into really good (wouldn't say great) passers very late into their careers, but they both had one foot in retirement by that time.

And McNabb was a bigger fraud than sCam is.

Here you go with your old delusional self. You reference the game as if Cam was the reason why they lost. The man had no help at all whatsoever. Denver's D manhandled Carolina's offensive line in every aspect of the game. Cam rarely had anytime to be able to go to his second reads, let alone his third option in his progression. His receivers didn't help the cause either with their drops. Sick, I also find it interesting that you've waited 48hrs to reply to this initial post, when they lose that's when you post. That's trolling at its best! Again you're a hater to compare Cam to McNabb and Vick. The only thing they have in common is that they're African-Americans. Cam is more of a pocket passer than he is a scrambler. Obviously you don't watch enough Carolina games.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#425 » by NinerSickness » Mon Feb 8, 2016 1:07 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Here you go with your old delusional self. You reference the game as if Cam was the reason why they lost. The man had no help at all whatsoever.

Running QB turns the ball over, plays like crap, melts under the pressure and makes inaccurate throws all day. Why? It's everyone else's fault.

Where ave I seen that logic before? Image I feel like delusional, homerific fans have been saying something to that effect for many years about a QB who lost a SB, but I can't seem to remember who.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#426 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Feb 8, 2016 4:37 pm

NinerSickness wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Here you go with your old delusional self. You reference the game as if Cam was the reason why they lost. The man had no help at all whatsoever.

Running QB turns the ball over, plays like crap, melts under the pressure and makes inaccurate throws all day. Why? It's everyone else's fault.

Where ave I seen that logic before? Image I feel like delusional, homerific fans have been saying something to that effect for many years about a QB who lost a SB, but I can't seem to remember who.

I'm not sure of another so called running QB that has won the league MVP by a landslide. Thrown for at least 3,500 plus yards and 35 TDs, and led his team to the SB, but lost the game. Please enlighten us, Sick?
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#427 » by NinerSickness » Mon Feb 8, 2016 9:57 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:I'm not sure of another so called running QB that has won the league MVP by a landslide. Thrown for at least 3,500 plus yards and 35 TDs, and led his team to the SB, but lost the game. Please enlighten us, Sick?

I wasn't sure of DumbDumb either when he had a good season in 2012. I even called for him to be traded after losing to Seattle in the NFCCG, and I got tarred & feathered for that. And he's been a better QB overall than Cam since the year they were both drafted.

1 good year on an easy schedule =/= you're a good QB. Running QBs go on hot streaks, but unless they're accurate passers (which Cam is not), they always come crashing back to earth (see Vick).

He sucked when it mattered most. Worse than DumbDumb in the postseason.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#428 » by ChrisPozz » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:42 pm

Report: Panthers interested in 49ers’ former special teams coordinator

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article60006076.html
MHSL82
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 130

Post#429 » by MHSL82 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:37 pm

Unlike some of these types of things, some of these are actually good: http://dailysnark.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/CarsList.jpg
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#430 » by ChrisPozz » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:07 pm

Ian Rapoport:

#Cowboys DE Randy Gregory has been suspended for the first 4 games of 2016 for violating @NFL substance abuse policy. He has a history.

So stunning. [sarcasm]
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#431 » by ChrisPozz » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:24 pm

ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#432 » by ChrisPozz » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:28 pm

“TK Show” replay: My Super Bowl week conversation with Mike Singletary on what went wrong during his time with the 49ers, his firing and his work to become a head coach again

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2016/02/19/replay/
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#433 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:38 pm

Josh Gordon - WR - Browns

Browns VP of football operations Sashi Brown said signs are pointing to Josh Gordon (suspended) being reinstated by the league.

Brown said there will be a spot for Gordon on the roster as long as he is doing the right things. New coach Hue Jackson has made it clear he will not tolerate any distractions, so Gordon will likely have a short leash once he is reinstated. With impending free agent Travis Benjamin looking more likely to leave by the day, the Browns need Gordon back in the fold.
Source: Mary Kay Cabot on Twitter

Feb 25 - 9:44 AM
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#434 » by NinerSickness » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:45 pm

Random thing I just saw:

Footballoutsiders ranked Tavon Austin as the worst starting receiver in the NFL last year. Nice to get one right. :)
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#435 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:00 am

Janoris Jenkins - DB - Rams

Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reports free agent CB Janoris Jenkins recently rejected a five-year, $45 million offer from the Rams.

Jenkins has since fired his agent and is switching to the same representation that negotiated Darrelle Revis' contract. By rule, Jenkins isn't allowed to hire an agent within five days of canning his previous one, so the Rams are now going to be up against the wall and will probably have to compete with other teams for Jenkins. The $9 million annually the Rams offered Jenkins would have made him one of the 13 highest-paid corners in annual average, but, of course, we have no idea what the guaranteed money was in the Rams' offer. Jenkins is coming off easily his best season and is probably seeking upwards of $10 million per year.
Source: Bleacher Report

Feb 28 - 3:39 PM
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#436 » by ChrisPozz » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:45 pm

Kimberly Jones:

NYJ will place franchise tag on Muhammad Wilkerson by 4pm Tuesday deadline, according to someone with knowledge of team's plans.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#437 » by ChrisPozz » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:32 pm

ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#438 » by ChrisPozz » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:38 pm

Adam Schefter:

Big ramifications: NFL’s competition committee considering a rule that would eliminate the chop block for 2016 season, per league sources.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#439 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:20 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:Kimberly Jones:

NYJ will place franchise tag on Muhammad Wilkerson by 4pm Tuesday deadline, according to someone with knowledge of team's plans.

Muhammad Wilkerson - DL - Jets

NFL Network's Kim Jones reports the Jets will apply the franchise tag to DE Muhammad Wilkerson before Tuesday's deadline.

The tag will cost $15.7 million. Wilkerson receiving the tag was never in doubt, but where he will play remains an open question. The NY Daily News reports Wilkerson will "likely" be shopped in a tag-and-trade deal prior to the draft, and the Jets likely want at least a first-round pick in return. Only 26, Wilkerson is well worth the price. If the Jets are serious about trading him, they should be able to find a suitor.
Source: Kimberly Jones on Twitter

Feb 29 - 10:58 AM

If I'm Carolina, I try my best to get him. Give them my 30th overall pick. Then get an OT, or CB, or WR in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#440 » by ChrisPozz » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:17 pm

Return to San Francisco 49ers