Read on Twitter

Saints/Vikings is week 1.
ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Re: Around the NFL Thread 

Post#1563 » by ChrisPozz » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:50 pm

Read on Twitter

Get ready to see a bunch more of these the next several weeks.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#1564 » by ChrisPozz » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:05 pm

Read on Twitter
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 939

Post#1565 » by CrimsonCrew » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:06 pm

Man, I had completely forgotten about Washington. If he can come back, it would be a huge boon to that team. He is - or at least was - a tremendous talent at arguably their biggest position of need.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#1566 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:22 pm

Marshawn Lynch - RB - Seahawks

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Raiders and Marshawn Lynch have agreed to a two-year contract.

Lynch will be in Oakland on Wednesday to take his physical, and if/once he passes the Raiders and Seahawks will finalize a trade. Deadlines spur action, and before the start of the draft on Thursday was when everyone involved wanted to get this thing done. Lynch turned 31 last week and was showing signs of decline in 2015 with Seattle. Maybe the year off did his body some good.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Apr 26 - 9:24 AM
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,244

Post#1567 » by wco81 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:43 pm

Wonder how effective Washington would be after being out of the league since 2014?
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#1568 » by ChrisPozz » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:05 pm

A Running List Of ESPN Layoffs

http://deadspin.com/a-running-list-of-espn-layoffs-1794664091

Many people knew this was coming but some very notable names on there, some of which are still unknown at this point:

Jay Crawford
Trent Dilfer
Danny Kanell
Brett McMurphy
Calvin Watkins
Ed Werder

Also....

Additionally, The Hollywood Reporter reports that Karl Ravech, Ryen Russillo, and Hannah Storm will see their roles “significantly reduced.”

That's just stupid IMO from an outsider's perspective. Russillo is one of the five best on-air hires they've ever made. One of the most even, logical, well-thought out individuals they've ever had. What sports television is turning in so many areas is an absolute joke. I will happily debate anybody that wants to convince me otherwise. I'd be shocked if they don't lose him to a better offer if that keeps up once his contract, which was reportedly newly agreed to, expires.

Many know what I think of Dilfer as well. He was not being properly utilized to maximize what they could've gotten out of him IMO but that one doesn't surprise me as much given his recent lack of air time and the lack of roles he was being given. They could've gotten so much more quality television out of him IMO.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#1569 » by ChrisPozz » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:17 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:A Running List Of ESPN Layoffs

Many people knew this was coming but some very notable names on there, some of which are still unknown at this point:

Jay Crawford
Trent Dilfer
Danny Kanell
Brett McMurphy
Calvin Watkins
Ed Werder

Also....

Additionally, The Hollywood Reporter reports that Karl Ravech, Ryen Russillo, and Hannah Storm will see their roles “significantly reduced.”

That's just stupid IMO from an outsider's perspective. Russillo is one of the five best on-air hires they've ever made. One of the most even, logical, well-thought out individuals they've ever had. What sports television is turning in so many areas is an absolute joke. I will happily debate anybody that wants to convince me otherwise. I'd be shocked if they don't lose him to a better offer if that keeps up once his contract, which was reportedly newly agreed to, expires.

Many know what I think of Dilfer as well. He was not being properly utilized to maximize what they could've gotten out of him IMO but that one doesn't surprise me as much given his recent lack of air time and the lack of roles he was being given. They could've gotten so much more quality television out of him IMO.

Read on Twitter

Boom.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#1570 » by ChrisPozz » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:50 pm

Read on Twitter

Interesting.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#1571 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:59 pm

Jay Crawford
Trent Dilfer
Danny Kanell
Brett McMurphy
Calvin Watkins
Ed Werder

Also....

How do you feel about Ed Werder?
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#1572 » by ChrisPozz » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:24 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:

Jay Crawford
Trent Dilfer
Danny Kanell
Brett McMurphy
Calvin Watkins
Ed Werder

Also....

How do you feel about Ed Werder?

Very good at what he does/used to do. Should've gotten more radio hits for them. Better in a casual setting if you're going to see/hear from him other than his actual reporting, which is what he's best at. Old school. Felt like he might've been better as more of a national guy with a broader blanket than some of the specific team assignments he'd often get. Appreciated his even-keeled tone. Didn't give in to all the reactionary takes stuff that might've gotten him more light.

----

Jaymee Sire was let go as well. She just announced it. Bay Area native for a while before ESPN. She was limited with what she could do IMO but fell JUST inside the good side of having good content and still being able to show a personality that would draw people in.

Too often people fall too far into just having a personality that people will react to and then the actual content you get from them is either not there at all, lacking, or just awful. She was one of the people who could bring both even though there were limits there. Some of which was not her fault having to share SportsCenter duties often with 3 other people (stupid idea).

She'd have been interesting to see on radio more as well, IMO, especially with her unique background and some of the interests she has outside of the traditional sports realm. She should have a bunch of opportunities now. Might end up doing something on the travel, food, drinking, sports combo world. Sometimes you end up finding out about people who were not cut out for having a job in Bristol freaking Connecticut. She might be one of those people just because of some of her other interests. In some ways she seems best suited for a larger area with some of her talents IMO.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#1573 » by ChrisPozz » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:49 pm

Read on Twitter
wco81
RealGM

Post#1574 » by wco81 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:53 pm

I like Jaymee Sire but she wasn't news either. Just a pretty face on the ESPN version of a morning show where they were mostly gabbing with experts.

NBC Sports Bay Area (formerly CSN Bay Area) seems to have tightened up their ship too. I don't recall outright losses of on-air talent but they don't have the guests, who are mostly newspaper sports columnists, any more.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#1575 » by ChrisPozz » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:37 pm

Roger Cossack is another big name that's been let go as well.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#1576 » by ChrisPozz » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:40 am

Jade McCarthy is another that's been let go. Professional but a hair on the replaceable side. They could do better, but could do a lot worse IMO.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#1577 » by ChrisPozz » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:42 am

On the flip side. One of the best cuts? Reese Waters. Would've been one of the first out the door had I gotten my pick. Sorry.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#1578 » by ChrisPozz » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:01 pm

Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#1579 » by Ray_Dogg » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:59 pm

Browns are releasing Barnidge with the selection of Njoku.
wco81
RealGM

Post#1580 » by wco81 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:04 pm

Strange, they say njoku is basically a big WR, who needs a lot of work as an inline blocker.

Return to San Francisco 49ers