ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NFL Thread

Moderators: Wolfay, CalamityX12, MHSL82

ChrisPozz
General Manager
Posts: 7,690
And1: 189
Joined: Sep 07, 2014
 

Re: Around the NFL Thread 

Post#1601 » by ChrisPozz » Tue May 2, 2017 9:20 pm

ChrisPozz
General Manager
Posts: 7,690
And1: 189
Joined: Sep 07, 2014
 

Re: Around the NFL Thread 

Post#1602 » by ChrisPozz » Tue May 2, 2017 9:20 pm

Read on Twitter
wco81
Veteran
Posts: 2,867
And1: 269
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: Around the NFL Thread 

Post#1603 » by wco81 » Tue May 2, 2017 9:43 pm

Didn't they even trade up for Watkins?

Oh well guess he didn't produce enough because of injuries.
NinerSickness
Analyst
Posts: 3,012
And1: 139
Joined: Aug 18, 2014
 

Re: Around the NFL Thread 

Post#1604 » by NinerSickness » Tue May 2, 2017 10:43 pm

wco81 wrote:Didn't they even trade up for Watkins?

Oh well guess he didn't produce enough because of injuries.


He had over 1000 yards in 2015. Last year, he was banged up.
shouldakepowens
Junior
Posts: 451
And1: 13
Joined: Aug 25, 2014
   

Re: Around the NFL Thread 

Post#1605 » by shouldakepowens » Tue May 2, 2017 11:05 pm

Watkins and Cousins next year? I'm in.
NinerSickness
Analyst
Posts: 3,012
And1: 139
Joined: Aug 18, 2014
 

Re: Around the NFL Thread 

Post#1606 » by NinerSickness » Wed May 3, 2017 2:11 am

shouldakepowens wrote:Watkins and Cousins next year? I'm in.


Same here. You almost have to take a chance on a guy like that, considering it's one of the only ways the team's gonna get a chance at a #1 receiver.

He could be even better if he had a QB.
ChrisPozz
General Manager
Posts: 7,690
And1: 189
Joined: Sep 07, 2014
 

Re: Around the NFL Thread 

Post#1607 » by ChrisPozz » Wed May 3, 2017 2:15 am

Read on Twitter
Bingo_AlphaMan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,721
And1: 57
Joined: Aug 24, 2014
     

Re: Around the NFL Thread 

Post#1608 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed May 3, 2017 1:57 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:
Read on Twitter


I don't like that fit for him. That Oline is not good! Should have gone to Pittsburgh---giving them a different dimension to that offense. I would've liked to see him play for the Colts too or Tampa.
Bingo_AlphaMan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,721
And1: 57
Joined: Aug 24, 2014
     

Re: Around the NFL Thread 

Post#1609 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed May 3, 2017 2:13 pm

NinerSickness wrote:
shouldakepowens wrote:Watkins and Cousins next year? I'm in.


Same here. You almost have to take a chance on a guy like that, considering it's one of the only ways the team's gonna get a chance at a #1 receiver.

He could be even better if he had a QB.


Exactly! The guy is underrated IMO. People have failed to realize that a QB makes or break ones career. Last season or it might have been the season before last, I remember Vick coming in the game for an injured Rothlisberger, let me tell you how much of a negative affect that had on AB. Antonio Brown looked like a mediocre receiver on the field. If you hadn't seen him play a single NFL game prior to that, that situation would have led you to believe that AB was merely a role player in that offense. Not saying that Taylor is a bad a QB as an aging Vick, but he's far from an elite passer: the other great young WRs that were drafted when Watkins came out are all playing with top notch passers (Manning/OBJ, Winston/Evans, Newton/Benjamin, Brees/Cooks, BigBen/Bryant, Rodgers/Adams, Luck/Moncrief, etc.). If we pair Watkins with a QB like Sam Darnold, CRAZY!!
ChrisPozz
General Manager
Posts: 7,690
And1: 189
Joined: Sep 07, 2014
 

Re: Around the NFL Thread 

Post#1610 » by ChrisPozz » Wed May 3, 2017 3:41 pm

Read on Twitter
Bingo_AlphaMan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,721
And1: 57
Joined: Aug 24, 2014
     

Re: Around the NFL Thread 

Post#1611 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed May 3, 2017 8:19 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:
Read on Twitter


The Browns would benefit from his services. So would all the NY teams (Jets, Giants, and Bills).
ChrisPozz
General Manager
Posts: 7,690
And1: 189
Joined: Sep 07, 2014
 

Re: Around the NFL Thread 

Post#1612 » by ChrisPozz » Thu May 4, 2017 2:36 am

Rams claimed Mike Purcell. Wonderful. :banghead:
Bingo_AlphaMan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,721
And1: 57
Joined: Aug 24, 2014
     

Re: Around the NFL Thread 

Post#1613 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Thu May 4, 2017 4:43 pm

Taylor Mays - DB - Free Agent

Former Bengals S Taylor Mays is trying out for the Patriots at their rookie minicamp.

A second-round pick in 2010, Mays was suspended the first eight games of last season for two violations of the substance-abuse policy and never latched on with a team after the suspensions ended. If he is in shape, Mays could be a good, low-risk signing for New England.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

May 4 - 9:03 AM
ChrisPozz
General Manager
Posts: 7,690
And1: 189
Joined: Sep 07, 2014
 

Re: Around the NFL Thread 

Post#1614 » by ChrisPozz » Fri May 5, 2017 3:21 am

Read on Twitter
Bingo_AlphaMan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,721
And1: 57
Joined: Aug 24, 2014
     

Re: Around the NFL Thread 

Post#1615 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Fri May 5, 2017 2:17 pm

Sammy Watkins - WR - Bills

The Buffalo News' Vic Carucci "has doubts" the Bills are motivated to extend contract-year WR Sammy Watkins, even after the season.

Buffalo declined Watkins' fifth-year team option for 2018 earlier this week, which will set him up for free agency next March. Watkins has yet to play a full season in the NFL, and that's obviously playing a big part in the Bills' long-term plans for him. Carucci gets the sense that even if Watkins stays healthy in 2017, this new regime doesn't feel like one that will commit big money to him. Not turning 24 until next month, Watkins could be the top free agent in next year's class.
Source: Buffalo News

May 5 - 10:00 AM
Bingo_AlphaMan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,721
And1: 57
Joined: Aug 24, 2014
     

Re: Around the NFL Thread 

Post#1616 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Fri May 5, 2017 2:55 pm

Jay Cutler - QB - Free Agent

Free agent QB Jay Cutler announced his retirement from the NFL after 11 seasons.

Cutler will follow Tony Romo into broadcasting, with Cutler joining FOX Sports. He'll be in the booth on Sundays with Kevin Burkhardt and Charles Davis. Burkhardt is FOX's No. 2 play-by-play man behind Joe Buck. As for Cutler, word is he wanted to continue his playing career, but simply didn't draw any interest. Drafted by the Broncos in a trade-up in 2006, he spent three years in Denver before demanding a trade when Josh McDaniels was hired. He was sent to the Bears for Kyle Orton and a couple first-rounders. Cutler played eight seasons in Chicago. He went 68-71 in his career, throwing for 32,467 yards and a 208:146 TD:INT ratio. Cutler made one Pro Bowl and went to the playoffs just once. We bet he'd come back to play if a team called his phone.

May 5 - 9:14 AM
CrimsonCrew
Analyst
Posts: 3,610
And1: 144
Joined: Aug 21, 2014
 

Re: Around the NFL Thread 

Post#1617 » by CrimsonCrew » Fri May 5, 2017 3:43 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Jay Cutler - QB - Free Agent

Free agent QB Jay Cutler announced his retirement from the NFL after 11 seasons.

Cutler will follow Tony Romo into broadcasting, with Cutler joining FOX Sports. He'll be in the booth on Sundays with Kevin Burkhardt and Charles Davis. Burkhardt is FOX's No. 2 play-by-play man behind Joe Buck. As for Cutler, word is he wanted to continue his playing career, but simply didn't draw any interest. Drafted by the Broncos in a trade-up in 2006, he spent three years in Denver before demanding a trade when Josh McDaniels was hired. He was sent to the Bears for Kyle Orton and a couple first-rounders. Cutler played eight seasons in Chicago. He went 68-71 in his career, throwing for 32,467 yards and a 208:146 TD:INT ratio. Cutler made one Pro Bowl and went to the playoffs just once. We bet he'd come back to play if a team called his phone.
Related: Bears, Broncos
May 5 - 9:14 AM
Player Outlook
Game Log
Career Stats
In-season Projections


We'll see what happens, but I'm struggling to picture Cutler being particularly good in the booth.
ChrisPozz
General Manager
Posts: 7,690
And1: 189
Joined: Sep 07, 2014
 

Re: Around the NFL Thread 

Post#1618 » by ChrisPozz » Fri May 5, 2017 6:54 pm

I_am_1z
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,405
And1: 34
Joined: Aug 22, 2014
     

Re: Around the NFL Thread 

Post#1619 » by I_am_1z » Sat May 6, 2017 12:02 am

CrimsonCrew wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Jay Cutler - QB - Free Agent

Free agent QB Jay Cutler announced his retirement from the NFL after 11 seasons.

Cutler will follow Tony Romo into broadcasting, with Cutler joining FOX Sports. He'll be in the booth on Sundays with Kevin Burkhardt and Charles Davis. Burkhardt is FOX's No. 2 play-by-play man behind Joe Buck. As for Cutler, word is he wanted to continue his playing career, but simply didn't draw any interest. Drafted by the Broncos in a trade-up in 2006, he spent three years in Denver before demanding a trade when Josh McDaniels was hired. He was sent to the Bears for Kyle Orton and a couple first-rounders. Cutler played eight seasons in Chicago. He went 68-71 in his career, throwing for 32,467 yards and a 208:146 TD:INT ratio. Cutler made one Pro Bowl and went to the playoffs just once. We bet he'd come back to play if a team called his phone.
Related: Bears, Broncos
May 5 - 9:14 AM
Player Outlook
Game Log
Career Stats
In-season Projections


We'll see what happens, but I'm struggling to picture Cutler being particularly good in the booth.


Compared to the usual commentators doing broadcasts, I wouldn't mind Jay Cutler zoning out during a blowout game or giving us tidbits here and there on Kristin Cavalleri.
ChrisPozz
General Manager
Posts: 7,690
And1: 189
Joined: Sep 07, 2014
 

Re: Around the NFL Thread 

Post#1620 » by ChrisPozz » Sat May 6, 2017 12:04 am

ChrisPozz wrote:
Read on Twitter


Chiefs claimed him today.

Return to San Francisco 49ers