Kendall Hunter Torn Achilles/Out for season

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,958

Kendall Hunter Torn Achilles/Out for season 

Post#1 » by goober » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:05 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/49ers-rb-k ... yfpnewsapp

Is Lattimore ready? Or will Hyde or James be taking Hunter's spot?
GS Warriors 1
General Manager
And1: 456

Re: Kendall Hunter Torn Achilles/Out for season 

Post#2 » by GS Warriors 1 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:55 pm

I'm almost certain it will be Hyde. Lattimore is getting close to returning to practice but the team wants to be very careful with him.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,728

Post#3 » by gswhoops » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:53 pm

Now James out for a month too with a dislocated elbow but should be back to start the regular season.

Thank god we had depth at RB. Hyde should get a chance to earn meaningful carries right away, as will Lattimore if he's healthy. Hampton might even have a shot at a spot on the 53 now, although I still suspect he's on the outside looking in.
SFontheRise
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#4 » by SFontheRise » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:15 am

Now that our RBs are depleting with injuries, wouldn't you like to see plays with 4 wideouts along with VD. A. Boldin & B. Lloyd on one side and M. Crabtree & S. Johnson on the other side. That would be deadly!!
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,225

Post#5 » by thesack12 » Thu Aug 7, 2014 4:18 pm

^ I doubt Lloyd makes the team. But I'm with you, 4 wides (Crab, Boldin, Johnson, Patton or Ellington) really needs to be explored as an available package to run. Roman definitely needs to open up that playbook and expand on personnel packages. The TE's behind VD are terrible, so more WR's need to be on the field more often. Two TE sets, isn't going to be too productive on passing plays.

As for the RB situation, losing Hunter does hurt but its not a crushing blow. Come week 1, he might have been no higher than 3rd on the depth chart. Whats more concerning to me is 1) Lattimore still isn't participating. Its starting to seem like he is never going to be a factor. 2) You can't even count on LaMichael James when you need him. Hunter going down was his golden opportunity to be that 3rd down/passing situation type back and he managed to get hurt himself. Obviously, getting hurt isn't entirely his fault, its just dispointing that it seems like every time you need him for something, he lets you down.
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#6 » by Ray_Dogg » Fri Aug 8, 2014 4:02 pm

Good thing we drafted Hyde. He looked good last night.

Return to San Francisco 49ers