ImageImageImageImageImage

2015 NFL Draft

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Re: 2015 NFL Draft 

Post#1181 » by NinerSickness » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:47 am

Here are the best options for the Niners in order IMO.

1. Trade up for Leonard WIlliams.
2. Trade down for Todd Gurley.
3. Trade down for Eddie Goldman.
4. Trade down for Devin Funchess.

Funchess is underrated. There's no reason this guy shouldn't be a first-round pick. 30-year-old Greg Olsen had 1,000 yards receiving this year; I'm sure Funchess is significantly faster / quicker than Olsen at this point. And Funchess makes excellent cuts, is extremely flexible & coordinated & has great hands. He's on the smaller side, but the dude is only 20 years old; he'll get bigger. If the Niners don't trade up for [/b]Leonard Wililams[/b], I would be more than happy if they traded out of the first round completely, picked up an extra pick(s) next year & drafted Funchess.
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Post#1182 » by Jikkle » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:52 pm

NinerSickness wrote:Here are the best options for the Niners in order IMO.

1. Trade up for Leonard WIlliams.
2. Trade down for Todd Gurley.
3. Trade down for Eddie Goldman.
4. Trade down for Devin Funchess.

Funchess is underrated. There's no reason this guy shouldn't be a first-round pick. 30-year-old Greg Olsen had 1,000 yards receiving this year; I'm sure Funchess is significantly faster / quicker than Olsen at this point. And Funchess makes excellent cuts, is extremely flexible & coordinated & has great hands. He's on the smaller side, but the dude is only 20 years old; he'll get bigger. If the Niners don't trade up for [/b]Leonard Wililams[/b], I would be more than happy if they traded out of the first round completely, picked up an extra pick(s) next year & drafted Funchess.

Unless Williams slips a bit I don't see Baalke trading up for him.

I would say there is a very real chance to trade down because I think being at #15 is a prime spot for teams that want to jump other teams to grab the guy they want.

And I tend to think Baalke has DGB on his radar as long as they feel he won't be Josh Gordon 2.0. Baalke loves value so he probably dreams of being able to trade down and take a guy who is more talented than when where he landed.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,247

Post#1183 » by wco81 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:16 pm

Merrill Hoge was going on about how poorly Leonard Williams used his hands in game film.

He was easily being pushed several yards off the point of attack when double teamed, which he's going to face all the time playing in the interior.

But apparently most of the scouts don't agree.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#1184 » by NinerSickness » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:39 pm

wco81 wrote:Merrill Hoge was going on about how poorly Leonard Williams used his hands in game film.

He was easily being pushed several yards off the point of attack when double teamed, which he's going to face all the time playing in the interior.

But apparently most of the scouts don't agree.

Wish more teams listened to Merrill Hodge. :(
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#1185 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:13 am

DeVante Parker - WR - Cardinals

NFLDraftScout.com's Frank Cooney writes that if you "can't get [Amari] Cooper or [Kevin] White, then [Louisville WR DeVante Parker] is a damned good consolation prize."

"Parker's wingspan offers a target 80 inches across with big, soft hands to finish the job," Cooney wrote. "Wait, there's more. Scouts say he is still refining his craft as a route-runner and his tough-minded approach should help jump-start his pro career. Although Parker does not explode off the line, his long-striding style makes him deceptively fast at top speed." When asked to describe his game, Parker replied: "I'm a big, physical kind of player. I go up and get the ball. I go in the middle. Anywhere, I go and get it." Concluded Cooney: "In most drafts, Parker would be the best wide receiver."
Source: CBS Sports

Apr 17 - 7:40 PM

Two of four CBS draft analysts mock Louisville WR DeVante Parker to the Vikings at No. 11 overall, and colleague Frank Cooney calls Parker the best fit in the draft for the Purple.

"Not only does he already have an established connection with Teddy Bridgewater, but Parker has legitimate No. 1 ability, in the mold of A.J. Green," Cooney wrote. "Norv Turner's offense and Bridgewater would substantially benefit with a talent like Parker at their disposal." Dane Brugler was one of the analysts mocking Parker to Minny, writing: "Minnesota added Mike Wallace to the wide receiver depth chart, but the Vikings are still in search of a No. 1 caliber pass catcher. Parker has the talent to fill that need." Interestingly, the two dissenting voices -- Pete Prisco and Rob Rang -- both have Minnesota taking MSU CB Trae Waynes.

Apr 16 - 6:44 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#1186 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:18 am

Damarious Randall - DB - Sun Devils

Arizona State's Damarious Randall is the new top safety on Mike Mayock's rankings, moving ahead of Alabama's Landon Collins.

Per usual, no explanation is given in the article but will be given by Mayock later in the day. We think Mayock is hearing Randall could be the first prospect off the board at the position, especially for teams that are looking for a free safety. Shaq Thompson still ranks as the No. 3 safety.
Source: NFL.com

Apr 17 - 1:17 PM
ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Post#1187 » by ChrisPozz » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:51 am

Ian Rapoport:

Ex-#Mizzou WR Dorial Green-Beckham spent yesterday visiting with the #Bengals, source said. Recently was with #49ers, too. No. 21 & No. 15
ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Post#1188 » by ChrisPozz » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:00 am

Green Beret Nate Boyer relishes his audition at 49ers pro day

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2015 ... ot+Read%29
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#1189 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:51 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:Ian Rapoport:

Ex-#Mizzou WR Dorial Green-Beckham spent yesterday visiting with the #Bengals, source said. Recently was with #49ers, too. No. 21 & No. 15

Yes! At least they're meeting with him to get "his perspective", hear from him firsthand about his past at Oklahoma and where he sees his life going.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#1190 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:52 pm

Jaelen Strong - WR - Sun Devils

Arizona State WR Jaelen Strong "is almost animalistic in how he pursues a football," according to NFLDraftScout.com's Frank Cooney.

"He shows exceptional hand-eye coordination that maximizes his long arms and sure hands," Cooney wrote. "Add to that intense focus and an ability to snag the ball regardless of its trajectory or defensive traffic and this is a receiver with mad ball skills." Strong had 75 receptions, 1,122 yards and seven touchdowns in 2013 and 82 catches for 1,165 yards and 10 scores last year. He fractured a bone in his wrist, likely requiring surgery, and will soon be re-checked by Indianapolis doctors. "It's doubtful that a fractured wrist will impact Strong's career, but after doctor gives the OK don't think twice about taking him anywhere in the second round," Cooney wrote. "Any later and he is a steal."

Apr 18 - 12:01 AM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#1191 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:55 pm

So do I:

Shane Ray - DL - Tigers

ESPN's Todd McShay "love[s]" Missouri edge rusher Shane Ray's "quick first step, his active hands to keep blockers off his frame, and his non-stop motor."

"But there is some concern regarding his position fit," McShay wrote. "As a 4-3 defensive end, he lacks ideal size and plays the run with a narrow base. But as a 3-4 OLB, he lacks experience in a two-point stance and he's very stiff in coverage. The team that drafts him will get the most out of his skill set, but it might not be the most natural fit." Ray was considered a top-10 lock coming into the winter, but his stock has dropped a bit since then due to sluggish testing times and a nagging injury. Nobody questions his effort, though. ESPN's Steve Muench compares Ray to Jerry Hughes.
Source: ESPN Insider

Apr 17 - 11:28 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#1192 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:06 pm

It's way to early for me to pass judgment on G. Chryst, but if we had a better QB coach or OC, I would take a chance him the 7th round on this kid (or sign in as an UDFA). Within 3 years of developing under the right guidance, he could very well become a solid #2QB in the league; even potentially becoming a starter?

Brandon Bridge - QB - Jaguars

ESPN NFL Insider Adam Caplan believes South Alabama QB Brandon Bridge is "worth taking a chance on due to size" and "arm strength" as a late developmental QB.

The 6-foot-5, 235-pound Bridge showcases size and raw talent that evaluators fall in love with. Bridge has one of the strongest arms in this year's draft class and has mobility out of the pocket as well. The South Alabama prospect needs a ton of work as a passer, but he'd be the perfect candidate on day three to develop.
Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter

Apr 17 - 3:21 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#1193 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:13 pm

Me too:

Paul Dawson - LB - Horned Frogs

TCU LB Paul Dawson has visited the San Francisco 49ers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Kansas City Chiefs and has had private workouts for the Bucs and Atlanta Falcons, reports the National Football Post's Aaron Wilson.

We also know Dawson has met with the St. Louis Rams and New Orleans Saints and visited the Vikings. It's of little surprise that Dawson's dance card is full. After all, he is a hyper-productive player whose work ethic has been questioned and who doesn't test well. On the field, we see a destructive defender. Give us Dawson in Round 2 and we'll be happy.
Source: National Football Post

Apr 17 - 7:55 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#1194 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:19 pm

How could anyone not like this kid? Yeah he suffers from the occasional dropsies, but he could very well be special in the league. Justin Blacmon type special with speed and without the off field baggage:

Breshad Perriman - WR - Knights

UCF WR Breshad Perriman "is a big, fast, strong receiver with a great attitude who seems to be just getting the grasp of things, which should be a scary thought for all NFL defensive backs under 6-feet or slower than 4.25 seconds in 40 yards," according to NFLDraftScout.com's Frank Cooney.

"Perriman continues to show improvement as he learns to harness his rare combination of size and speed," Cooney wrote. "Excellent pick with upside." The 6-foot-2, 209-pounder Perriman, who posted 40-yard dash times of 4.24 and 4.27 at his pro day, is the son of 10-year NFL veteran wide receiver Brett Perriman. "As a big receiver you have to go up and get the ball at its highest point, you have to be able to wall off defenders, you have to be able to block and you have to be able to also kind of shrink your mentality as a smaller receiver as well," Perriman said at combine when asked how being a big receiver helps him.

Apr 17 - 7:04 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#1195 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:22 pm

Mario Edwards - DL - Seminoles

Former NFL executive Greg Gabriel is hearing FSU pass rusher Mario Edwards' name linked with a few teams at the end of round one.

As Gabriel put it, Edwards "is getting a lot of play" in this range of the draft. It is surprising after watching Edwards' final season at FSU. He rarely impacted games on the edge or when allowed to work inside. The defensive lineman did dropped 20-30 pounds since the season but still tested like an average NFL athlete at the position. Average is not bad, but Edwards continues to receive the "upside" tag.
Source: Greg Gabriel on Twitter

Apr 18 - 10:12 AM
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#1196 » by CalamityX12 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:29 pm

Give me DGB!!!!
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#1197 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:32 pm

Louisville WR DeVante Parker won't last until the Dolphins pick at No. 14 overall, according to information the Miami Herald's Armando Salguero has been "hearing."

The always star-struck Dolphins are reportedly interested in trading up for a wide receiver, though they're also reportedly gaga for Todd Gurley. Amari Cooper and Kevin White would both cost extreme draft equity for a team already short a third-rounder, though Parker would probably just require hopping over the Rams at No. 10 and the Vikings at No. 11. Stay tuned, dear reader.
Source: Armando Salguero on Twitter

Apr 17 - 9:32 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#1198 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:35 pm

Todd Gurley - RB - Bulldogs

Georgia RB Todd Gurley's medical re-check on his ACL "checked out fine," according to Ian Rapoport.

Gurley is "viewed as good to go for the draft," Rapoport tweeted, adding the hope is for the running back to return for training camp. Do not think this vaults Gurley up, as teams likely prepared for clearance on the ACL. We are comfortable in saying Gurley is locked in the first round?
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Apr 18 - 10:25 AM
I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Post#1199 » by I_am_1z » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:04 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Todd Gurley - RB - Bulldogs

Georgia RB Todd Gurley's medical re-check on his ACL "checked out fine," according to Ian Rapoport.

Gurley is "viewed as good to go for the draft," Rapoport tweeted, adding the hope is for the running back to return for training camp. Do not think this vaults Gurley up, as teams likely prepared for clearance on the ACL. We are comfortable in saying Gurley is locked in the first round?
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Apr 18 - 10:25 AM

Any team that goes after him in the 1st is ______?

I would say pretty darn dumb. You have plenty of RBs in this class and you go after a guy you're not even sure will be the same post-operation. I'm sorry to disappoint people, but he's no Adrian Peterson. Melvin Gordon IS the best of this class regardless of whether or not Gurley is healthy or not. Then you David Johnson and Jay Ajayi who are less risky choices for teams. Don't understand why people would touch him 1st round when you welcome in all the factors.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#1200 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:16 pm

Vince Mayle - WR - Cougars

CBS Sports' Rob Rang believes Washington State WR Vince Mayle "could prove [to be] a poor man's Anquan Boldin."

"Mayle lacks home-run speed," Rang said. "I see a combination of size, balance, strength and toughness, however." Mayle ran forties between 4.56 and the mid 4.6s at his personal pro day. "Need an example of Mayle's toughness? He didn't drop a ball during his combine pass-catching drill (or Senior Bowl, for that matter) despite competing with a broken right thumb," Rang wrote. We agree on the evaluation. Mayle was always going to be knocked for his lack of speed, but he has traits which can't be taught. The 6-foot-2, 224-pound former basketball player hauled in 106 passes for 1,483 yards and nine touchdowns across 12 games last year.

Apr 18 - 10:33 PM

Return to San Francisco 49ers