ImageImageImageImageImage

Aldon smith suspension.

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

49rangER
Senior
And1: 28

Aldon smith suspension.  

Post#1 » by 49rangER » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:36 pm

When the heck is goodell going to announce this!?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM(previously h0ckeysk83r)
dr3am
RealGM
And1: 10,485

Re: Aldon smith suspension. 

Post#2 » by dr3am » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:37 am

CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 939

Post#3 » by CrimsonCrew » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:24 am

Florio says he's an offender under "multiple policies, personal conduct and substance abuse." That's not correct. Alcohol is not a banned substance. All of Smith's stuff is technically personal conduct, even if it would generally be grouped into "substance abuse" outside the context of football.
Rvnight18
Bench Warmer
And1: 15

Post#4 » by Rvnight18 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:35 pm

I full expect an announcement on his suspension today. The NFL has been announcing them on Friday later in the afternoon eastern time. They also have said that if there was an appeal by Aldon, they would need the announcement by Monday in order for the appeal to be done before week one. So I expect it today. I'm saying an 8 gamer with the 5 games last year as time served, so 3 this year plus fining him for all 8 games since he got payed on his leave last year.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
49rangER
Senior

Post#5 » by 49rangER » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:20 pm

I really have no idea what to expect after the ray rice suspension. I'll just prepare for the worst of say 8 games.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM(previously h0ckeysk83r)
Rvnight18
Bench Warmer

Post#6 » by Rvnight18 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:55 pm

Well I was wrong....

DreDinis21
Sophomore
And1: 5

Post#7 » by DreDinis21 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:10 am

Fuhr Goodell needs to make a ruling or state there isn't one. My guess is bc he screwed the pooch on Ray Rice and undershot the suspension, he is going to be an a-hole and wait until the end of preseason to drop the hammer. That way, we are talking about NFL being back with game 1 on the horizon and that facktard gets to attempt to hide from a "makeup call" 8 game suspension.

arich35
General Manager
And1: 816

Post#8 » by arich35 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:35 pm

What the hell is taking so long.. Game is like 11 days away!!
49rangER
Senior

Post#9 » by 49rangER » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:01 pm

Ya pretty unfair considering roster cuts are coming on Saturday.

Unless the FO knows already. However fangio said he hasn't heard anything yet.

Most likely will be announced Friday since it's a holiday weekend. Goodell probably is suspending him more games than rice and hopes everyone is too preoccupied with the holiday to notice.

(previously h0ckeysk83r)
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#10 » by CrimsonCrew » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:28 pm

Gordon's ban upheld. Decision on Aldon could be coming soon:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11418 ... d-one-year
arich35
General Manager
And1: 816

Post#11 » by arich35 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:38 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:Gordon's ban upheld. Decision on Aldon could be coming soon:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11418 ... d-one-year

I'd hope it would be coming soon.. It is pathetic how long it has taken
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#12 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:00 pm

I hope we can get him for at least the first two games....

can't let Romo or Cutler sit happy...
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#13 » by CrimsonCrew » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:18 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:I hope we can get him for at least the first two games....

The flip side is that we would then let Brees sit happy in week 10.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#14 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:00 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:

right but I personally have the Saints gm as a potential/affordable(if such a thing) lost rather than potentially losing two winnable games at Dallas n vs Bears....

Cardinals thru Saints could be manageable with the clear exception of the @Denver game which is also a potential/affordable lost IMO....
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
JMedlock5186
Freshman
And1: 3

Post#15 » by JMedlock5186 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:32 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:

right but I personally have the Saints gm as a potential/affordable(if such a thing) lost rather than potentially losing two winnable games at Dallas n vs Bears....

Cardinals thru Saints could be manageable with the clear exception of the @Denver game which is also a potential/affordable lost IMO....

I think we have quality depth at OLB. I am not saying we have another freak of nature like Aldon but Lemonier is a solid player and is said to be developing into a 3 down player
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#16 » by CrimsonCrew » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:58 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:

Ok, I see what you're saying. THose games are penciled in as wins while the NO game is penciled in as a loss. That said, we've always played the Saints tough under Harbaugh. And I think we still have a good chance of beating the Cowboys (who may have to score 40+ a game to make up for their D) and Bears without Aldon.
supreme81
Sophomore

Post#17 » by supreme81 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:31 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:

Ok, I see what you're saying. THose games are penciled in as wins while the NO game is penciled in as a loss. That said, we've always played the Saints tough under Harbaugh. And I think we still have a good chance of beating the Cowboys (who may have to score 40+ a game to make up for their D) and Bears without Aldon.

We should beat the Cowboys without Smith but the Bears would be a much tougher matchup without him. Still can win since it is a home game but a lot tougher imo.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#18 » by CrimsonCrew » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:44 pm

supreme81 wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:

We should beat the Cowboys without Smith but the Bears would be a much tougher matchup without him. Still can win since it is a home game but a lot tougher imo.

Honestly, against the Bears, Navorro might be the much bigger loss. He's great at tracking down elusive RBs in the open field. Wilhoite not as much. Forte could give us problems.
supreme81
Sophomore

Post#19 » by supreme81 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:12 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:
supreme81 wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:

That is true but I would hate to see Cutler with a clean pocket throwing to Alshon & Marshall.
Honestly, against the Bears, Navorro might be the much bigger loss. He's great at tracking down elusive RBs in the open field. Wilhoite not as much. Forte could give us problems.
SeaNinersFan
Freshman
And1: 9

Post#20 » by SeaNinersFan » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:02 am

supreme81 wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:
supreme81 wrote:

That is true but I would hate to see Cutler with a clean pocket throwing to Alshon & Marshall.

I don't know, I have never seen any QB like Romo. One who can be so good when there is no pressure, either from a defense or from a "big" game, but implode when there is pressure. Week 1 is not a "big" game so unless we apply pressure we could have a long game. It is not a good analogy but whenever I think of Romo I see the Jim Everett phantom sack in my head.

Return to San Francisco 49ers