ImageImageImageImageImage

Assault at Niner Game

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 939

Assault at Niner Game 

Post#1 » by CrimsonCrew » Wed Oct 8, 2014 11:31 pm

Hadn't seen any conversation of this, and figured it deserved its own thread.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Le ... 88731.html

Apparently the one guy suffered brain damage and is close to death. Just ridiculous. It's really a problem that seem to be getting worse lately. This is not good for the new stadium. Gotta think the team is very conscious about this sort of thing.
-AC-
Sophomore
And1: 7

Re: Assault at Niner Game 

Post#2 » by -AC- » Thu Oct 9, 2014 12:16 am

Its bull... I hope they make an example out of these fools...

Sent from my XT901 using RealGM Forums mobile app
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,197

Post#3 » by clyde21 » Thu Oct 9, 2014 1:13 am

That's it. I'm moving to Venus.
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#4 » by Ray_Dogg » Thu Oct 9, 2014 1:52 pm

One victim is partially paralyzed.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,197

Post#5 » by clyde21 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:12 am

These are the two dudes.

http://www.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2014/ ... is-stadium

They definitely look like winners.
SeaNinersFan
Freshman
And1: 9

Post#6 » by SeaNinersFan » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:19 am

clyde21 wrote:These are the two dudes.

http://www.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2014/ ... is-stadium

They definitely look like winners.

I remember a time when the niners fan base got flack for being too white collar, etc. Then the raiders left town for LA and it seems to me we inherited their ass hat fan base giving us dick heads like this. Man, I wish they would go back to the raiders.
tallglassowater
Junior
And1: 22

Post#7 » by tallglassowater » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:12 pm

The best part is that the wife of on of the guys was spouting a bunch of bull about how her husband wouldn't hit anybody so the other guy must have been provoking it. If you have a tattoo on your face/head I am pretty sure you don't need much provoking for anything.
DoobieKeebler
Senior
And1: 34

Post#8 » by DoobieKeebler » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:44 pm

Whether its parents at a peewee game or fans at Levi's, I just don't get fighting at a game.

Tell someone their team sucks; they tell you you're a ball licker. One fan's team loses, but everyone gets drunk together afterwards. That is what football is supposed to be about.
DoobieKeebler
Senior

Post#9 » by DoobieKeebler » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:48 pm

Also, I can't remember where I first saw it otherwise I'd link it, but the older brother has a loooong list of priors including assault with a deadly weapon (I believe multiple times), DUI with BAC over .15, evading the police, and more that don't come to mind.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

EDIT: But now that I think about it, I'll give him due that it seemed like all that stuff had transpired 2000-2008. Since then he could have been trying to clean his life up to some extent.
SeaNinersFan
Freshman
And1: 9

Post#10 » by SeaNinersFan » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:11 pm

DoobieKeebler wrote:Whether its parents at a peewee game or fans at Levi's, I just don't get fighting at a game.

Tell someone their team sucks; they tell you you're a ball licker. One fan's team loses, but everyone gets drunk together afterwards. That is what football is supposed to be about.

This! Just last week during a football game by 10 year olds a mom from one team decided to stand behind the bench of another team and scream obscenities. So another mom confronted her and so it turned into a brawl right behind a team bench. Great example being set there.
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Post#11 » by Jikkle » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:12 am

The only thing I hate is how the entire fanbase gets lumped in with these scumbags.

Like this rag of an article that was written prior to our SB a couple years ago:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/21599196/brace-for-it-new-orleans-niners-fans-display-pattern-of-violence

By far the vast majority of any fanbase are just average joes that won't have any issues at all so to lump in what probably doesn't even amount to 1% of a fanbase and label it as violent trouble makers is just idiotic.

Still obviously something needs to be done because nobody should ever get beaten nearly to death at any sporting event but ultimately nobody is going to solve the real issue in that being alcohol and people drinking too much of it.
DoobieKeebler
Senior

Post#12 » by DoobieKeebler » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:27 am

Jikkle wrote:The only thing I hate is how the entire fanbase gets lumped in with these scumbags.

Like this rag of an article that was written prior to our SB a couple years ago:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/21599196/brace-for-it-new-orleans-niners-fans-display-pattern-of-violence

By far the vast majority of any fanbase are just average joes that won't have any issues at all so to lump in what probably doesn't even amount to 1% of a fanbase and label it as violent trouble makers is just idiotic.

Still obviously something needs to be done because nobody should ever get beaten nearly to death at any sporting event but ultimately nobody is going to solve the real issue in that being alcohol and people drinking too much of it.

I'd agree with you, but the 2011 SF-NO Divisional game was really, really bad. It went far past berating Saints fans. I totally understand why the team put out the ad ahead of the NFCC game. And because of it, when SF hosted NYG, most fans were whispering about who were undercover cops instead of simply being dicks.

The Niners don't want to be the next Eagles where the rest of the nation groans about the fan base being a bunch of hateful, dangerous bastards.
Yadahell
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#13 » by Yadahell » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:08 pm

What a couple of complete knuckleheads. The dude on the right kinda looks like Carlos Boozer with a face tattoo.
It frustrating that this kind of thing happens more and more these days. Why go to a game and spend $300+ per person on crappy tickets, a few drinks, food, and transportation when you can just stay home and avoid some scuffle with a drunkard and a poor view of the action?

Return to San Francisco 49ers