ImageImageImageImageImage

ALDON BACK SOONER THAN EXPECTED???

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

49er4life1979
Pro Prospect
And1: 35

ALDON BACK SOONER THAN EXPECTED??? 

Post#1 » by 49er4life1979 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:02 am

Just heard Mike Florio reporting that Aldon Smith may be reinstated a game or two earlier than expected. That would be great obviously!
shouldakepowens
Senior
And1: 20

Re: ALDON BACK SOONER THAN EXPECTED??? 

Post#2 » by shouldakepowens » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:09 am

Wonder how? Be great to have him tonight. Damn you Aldon!
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 206

Post#3 » by Pattersonca65 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:56 am

That would be awesome. If Aaron Lynch continues to improve, having Lynch on one side and Smith on the other would be sick. Dump Brooks at the end of the season.
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Post#4 » by Jikkle » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:30 am

BIg Ben got his suspension reduced years ago for good behavior so this could be the case with Aldon as well.

The sooner the better because we really need that pass rush.
Jikkle
Analyst

Post#5 » by Jikkle » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:20 am

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11736242/aldon-smith-san-francisco-49ers-see-suspension-reduced-good-behavior

The report is confirmed that he could see a reduction in his suspension so he might be another one we could get back for the Rams game but at the very least it looks like we'll have him for the Saints game.

So long as he doesn't do anything stupid that is.
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#6 » by Pattersonca65 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:02 am

Thanks for the article Jikkle That is the first story I've come accross that was not linked to Mike Florio. Hope it happens.
Bald Bull
Veteran
And1: 155

Post#7 » by Bald Bull » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:12 am

Jikkle wrote:http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11736242/aldon-smith-san-francisco-49ers-see-suspension-reduced-good-behavior

The report is confirmed that he could see a reduction in his suspension so he might be another one we could get back for the Rams game but at the very least it looks like we'll have him for the Saints game.

So long as he doesn't do anything stupid that is.

shouldakepowens
Senior
And1: 20

Post#8 » by shouldakepowens » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:48 pm

Word is now 11-2 vs rams . today is starting off good. Now bowman Willis and iupati.
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#9 » by Pattersonca65 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:06 pm

I haven't heard anything definative yet
Jikkle
Analyst

Post#10 » by Jikkle » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:29 pm

Out of all the players out Aldon is the biggest guy we need back.

Fortunately he's not coming off an injury so he's going to be fresh and ready to go and if comes out as the old Aldon it'll make our defense much much better.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 939

Post#11 » by CrimsonCrew » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:22 pm

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-fr ... 37925.html

Gotta say, if the league first says they would take into account Aldon's "voluntary" admission into rehab last year, but didn't, and then says they will shorten the suspension for good behavior, but doesn't, I'm going to be pissed. We should have him going into New Orleans. It's bad enough the way they've screwed us with NO games over the past three years (ALWAYS going there when they're markedly better at home, setting that game late the year after Bountygate so we didn't benefit from their suspensions, the Brooks penalty to cost us last year's game, etc.). They owe us a little assist, and it does appear - at least for now - that Aldon has gotten his act together.
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#12 » by Ray_Dogg » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:37 pm

It doesn't look like he is coming back this week. **** Goodell.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#13 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:54 pm

bring him back for NO....im cool with that...
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#14 » by Pattersonca65 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:08 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article3437925.html

Gotta say, if the league first says they would take into account Aldon's "voluntary" admission into rehab last year, but didn't, and then says they will shorten the suspension for good behavior, but doesn't, I'm going to be pissed. We should have him going into New Orleans. It's bad enough the way they've screwed us with NO games over the past three years (ALWAYS going there when they're markedly better at home, setting that game late the year after Bountygate so we didn't benefit from their suspensions, the Brooks penalty to cost us last year's game, etc.). They owe us a little assist, and it does appear - at least for now - that Aldon has gotten his act together.

As far as shortening Aldon's suspension, I don't know that any of that came from the league. It seems there was alot of rumor and speculation going on. I hope he is back for the NO game. And I totally agree with you regarding NO. Why are we going there two years in a row? That is just wrong. They should be coming to play at our house.
Jikkle
Analyst

Post#15 » by Jikkle » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:44 pm

SF vs NO is a marquee matchup for the NFL and like anybody in the entertainment business they know that having Aldon return will not only make for a more compelling game but a story line heading into the week to give talking heads more to talk about.
ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Post#16 » by ChrisPozz » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:27 am

Remember that if he's back for New Orleans he'll likely be on a snap count to start, and for obvious and a number of reasons I'm not real optimistic he'll come out hot right out of the shoots either.

My expectations as far as number of snaps and quality of play for him for quite a while are going to be pretty low but obviously the sooner he gets the opportunity to right the ship on the field the better.

I think a few of the regulars on other boards who have gotten to know how I speak from my time on previous message boards know that these days a lot of things irk me and one of the things near the top of the list is the number of people, media and non-media members, who are assuming that things are going to be peachy again THE SECOND that Aldon, Bowman, Willis, Dorsey, etc., step on the field at the same time again. Like it'll be fantastic from game one.

I can't get my mind excited about the returns because I'm not expecting huge dividends for a while and I don't think we may see significant returns from the returning players unless possibly they make a deep run into the playoffs, at the very earliest, which is something I don't foresee happening this year.

Return to San Francisco 49ers