ImageImageImageImageImage

2015 FREE AGENTS - OFFENSE

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

49er4life1979
Pro Prospect
And1: 35

2015 FREE AGENTS - OFFENSE 

Post#1 » by 49er4life1979 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:37 pm

I guess with it being the bye week and late October, now is as good a time as any to talk about our pending free gents in the offseason...Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter, Mike Iupati, Michael Crabtree, Brandon Lloyd, Dan Skuta, Michael Wilhoite, Chris Culliver, Perrish Cox, and Chris Coook....Who stays and who goes? Lets hear it! I will chime in with my thoughts:

1. Frank Gore - Sadly, I think he walks. The 49ers just have to move on at some point. Hyde is a stud, Lattimore although is still a mystery, has a ton of potential and the reports are encouraging regarding his recovery. Better let him walk early than late.

2. Kendall Hunter - I can see the 49ers bringing him back on a 1 year deal - not sure he will draw a ton of interest considering he's had two major injuries. Still, he is young and not a whole lot of milage on his body. Great change of pace RB.

3. Mike Iupati - I doubt Niners spend more on him than what they gave Anthony Davis. If he's willing to sign for 5-6 million I say do it. Looney is a good backup who could start anyway, and we also have Brandon Thomas and/or Marcus Martin who can play G - though Martin is a more a C.

4. Michael Crabtree - Not having a great season - has had inujuries and only one 1,000 yard season in his career. If he wants anything more than 8 million, see ya later! ...I am not sure he is better than Boldin anyway, and is he really that much more superior than Stevie? We have both those guys signed, and also Ellington and Patton. Draft another WR too.
5. Brandon LLoyd - I would bring him back on another 1 year deal. He obviously still has game and is a deep threat. I can see Niners bringing him back.
49rangER
Senior
And1: 28

Re: 2015 FREE AGENTS - OFFENSE 

Post#2 » by 49rangER » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:26 pm

Would love it if we could keep gore 1 more year especially if we can't get it done this year.

I'm still in the corner of choosing crabtree over iupati more. But both have been a total let down this year. Not sure where we go with this. Don't want to overpay for either.

Hunter would be a nice cheap sign right now.

Lloyd would be nice on the cheap for another year especially if crabs is gone.

(previously h0ckeysk83r)
imac_21
Sophomore
And1: 13

Post#3 » by imac_21 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:56 pm

I imagine that Lattimore is going to get some run later in the season so the team can determine what to do with Gore. If Lattimore looks good* then Gore walks, if he looks like his knee is an issue, Gore likely gets a two year contract.

*Looks good means healthy, it may take some time for him to get two seasons of rust off.
49er4life1979
Pro Prospect

Post#4 » by 49er4life1979 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:03 pm

49rangER wrote:Would love it if we could keep gore 1 more year especially if we can't get it done this year.

I'm still in the corner of choosing crabtree over iupati more. But both have been a total let down this year. Not sure where we go with this. Don't want to overpay for either.

Hunter would be a nice cheap sign right now.

Lloyd would be nice on the cheap for another year especially if crabs is gone.

(previously h0ckeysk83r)

Yea I am with you, still would like to keep Crab over Iupati. Is Crabs really having a letdown season or is more that defenses are keying on him and Kap is obviously spreading the ball? I am thinking latter. But I would still want him back at a reasonable price considering Boldin's age and the fact we only have him for one more season.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#5 » by NinerSickness » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:09 am

49er4life1979 wrote:Yea I am with you, still would like to keep Crab over Iupati.

:-? I know everyone has his own opinion about that, but in my mind wanting Crabtree over Iupati is bat $*** crazy. I can't even wrap my mind around wanting Crabtree over Iupati.
49er4life1979
Pro Prospect

Post#6 » by 49er4life1979 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:25 am

NinerSickness wrote:
49er4life1979 wrote:Yea I am with you, still would like to keep Crab over Iupati.

:-? I know everyone has his own opinion about that, but in my mind wanting Crabtree over Iupati is bat $*** crazy. I can't even wrap my mind around wanting Crabtree over Iupati.

Is Iupati a better G than Crabtree a WR?...I am not sure. While I don't think Crabtree is great, he is very good when healthy. I would offer him an incentive laden deal to keep him longterm considering Boldin's age and the fact we only have him one more season. Iupati is very good in the running game but nothing special in pass protection. He has not been great this season, or last season either for that matter. For me to take a G over a good NOT great WR, the G would have to be a complete OL - he would have to be great in everything asked of him. I am sure most would agree with that.

Return to San Francisco 49ers