Post#42 » by Tomikcon1971 » Sun Dec 7, 2014 4:57 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/541636576174829570[/tweet]
XVI, XIX, XXIII, XXIV, XXIX, ????
Tomikcon1971
Sixth Man
And1: 74

Re: The potential Harbaugh replacement thread 

Post#43 » by Tomikcon1971 » Sun Dec 7, 2014 5:01 pm

Vic could be a choice if we don't blow the whole thing up.....
XVI, XIX, XXIII, XXIV, XXIX, ????
ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Post#44 » by ChrisPozz » Sun Dec 7, 2014 5:23 pm

Reports: Mutual interest between Raiders, Harbaugh; coach a ‘lock’ to leave 49ers

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/12/07 ... ave-49ers/
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#45 » by CalamityX12 » Sun Dec 7, 2014 7:08 pm

So disappointing for us to part ways with harbaugh after all the success he brought....

I would pay to know how n when this incurable rift started n what its all about
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
49rangER
Senior
And1: 28

Post#46 » by 49rangER » Sun Dec 7, 2014 7:38 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:Ray Ratto: ‘Jed’s Sick Of Jim, Jim’s Pretty Sick Of Jed’

http://feinstein.radio.cbssports.com/20 ... ck-of-jed/

Sounds like this is the scenario. Ugh

(previously h0ckeysk83r)
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Post#47 » by Jikkle » Mon Dec 8, 2014 7:07 pm

With yesterday's debacle I would be extremely displeased if we didn't go with and offensive head coach as the next hire.

Defensive head coaches typically = mediocre to average at best offenses and that's the last thing this team needs.

I mean if this team goes with Tomsula I wouldn't know where to begin expressing my exasperation.

I like Tomsula and I actually do believe he could do the duties of a head coach like manage the game and team but I have no confidence in him being able to assemble a quality offensive staff.

I don't see him being on the level of Singletary because I don't see Tomsula being the type to shove down his vision of the offense down an OC's throat but I just don't see him being connected enough to attract top flight talent to the staff.

And the other issue is and the biggest reason why I'm opposed to a defensive head coach is even if they were able to get a great OC that OC is gone soon for an HC gig and the only ones you could get to stay are the Bevell or Brain Schottenheimer types that aren't good enough to get a HC job but not terrible enough to get fired.
generaldreedle
Senior
And1: 46

Post#48 » by generaldreedle » Mon Dec 8, 2014 7:24 pm

Here's the real question Jed should be asking; would it be harder to get a better coach than Harbaugh or get a better gm than Baalke?

Sent from my VS985 4G using RealGM Forums mobile app
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 206

Post#49 » by Pattersonca65 » Mon Dec 8, 2014 7:36 pm

Jikkle wrote:With yesterday's debacle I would be extremely displeased if we didn't go with and offensive head coach as the next hire.

Defensive head coaches typically = mediocre to average at best offenses and that's the last thing this team needs.

I mean if this team goes with Tomsula I wouldn't know where to begin expressing my exasperation.

I like Tomsula and I actually do believe he could do the duties of a head coach like manage the game and team but I have no confidence in him being able to assemble a quality offensive staff.

I don't see him being on the level of Singletary because I don't see Tomsula being the type to shove down his vision of the offense down an OC's throat but I just don't see him being connected enough to attract top flight talent to the staff.

And the other issue is and the biggest reason why I'm opposed to a defensive head coach is even if they were able to get a great OC that OC is gone soon for an HC gig and the only ones you could get to stay are the Bevell or Brain Schottenheimer types that aren't good enough to get a HC job but not terrible enough to get fired.

Ugghhhh. No Tomsula. I hope not. Nice posiition coach and the players like him but wouldn't want him beting head coach. I would rather have Fangio and then hire new offensive coaching staff.
Jikkle
Analyst

Post#50 » by Jikkle » Mon Dec 8, 2014 8:13 pm

generaldreedle wrote:Here's the real question Jed should be asking; would it be harder to get a better coach than Harbaugh or get a better gm than Baalke?

But you also have to factor in the length each is likely to stay with the organization.

Even without all the drama Harbaugh wasn't likely going to be the head coach for the 9ers years to come. Just seems like the kind of guy that's always going to want to tackle new challenges and would be bored in one place too long.

Baalke (and GMs in general) can be around for years and years. I mean Ozzie Newsome has been the GM of the Ravens since 02 and has been in the organization longer than that.

So I'm sure part of York's thought process is does he get rid of Baalke who he could keep around for another decade or Harbaugh who might last another 2 or 3 years before he gets the itch to take on a new challenge.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#51 » by clyde21 » Mon Dec 8, 2014 9:31 pm

generaldreedle wrote:Here's the real question Jed should be asking; would it be harder to get a better coach than Harbaugh or get a better gm than Baalke?

It looks like the problem is mostly between Harbaugh-Jed than it is between Harbaugh-Baalke. Harbaugh is gone.

I haven't done much research into it but the guy I want right now is Brian Kelly. Don't see A LOT of guys in the NFL right now that I'd have much confidence in.
Jikkle
Analyst

Post#52 » by Jikkle » Mon Dec 8, 2014 11:40 pm

clyde21 wrote:

It looks like the problem is mostly between Harbaugh-Jed than it is between Harbaugh-Baalke. Harbaugh is gone.

I haven't done much research into it but the guy I want right now is Brian Kelly. Don't see A LOT of guys in the NFL right now that I'd have much confidence in.

Seems like that's what I understood from what I read and that Baalke and Harbaugh were fine working with each other until a certain incident a few weeks ago was the straw that broke the camels back.

And I don't know much about Brain Kelly translating to the NFL but I do now that if we're going to get the next elite coach it's likely going to have to be someone from the college ranks or an up and coming offensive coordinator.

Anyone know anything on Art Briles from Baylor?

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/searching-for-the-next-nfl-head-coaches/

I saw his name on Grantland as a Jim Harbaugh type coach and wondered if anyone thinks he could be a successful NFL coach.
shouldakepowens
Senior
And1: 20

Post#53 » by shouldakepowens » Tue Dec 9, 2014 3:53 am

Jikkle wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

Seems like that's what I understood from what I read and that Baalke and Harbaugh were fine working with each other until a certain incident a few weeks ago was the straw that broke the camels back.

And I don't know much about Brain Kelly translating to the NFL but I do now that if we're going to get the next elite coach it's likely going to have to be someone from the college ranks or an up and coming offensive coordinator.

Anyone know anything on Art Briles from Baylor?

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/searching-for-the-next-nfl-head-coaches/

I saw his name on Grantland as a Jim Harbaugh type coach and wondered if anyone thinks he could be a successful NFL coach.

Briles runs the spread offense right? That's not working for us right now. I heard earlier Peter king said payton is done in NO but who knows how much of his success was because of Brees. Also everyone wants to keep Fangio as DC buts what's to stop other teams from grabbing him as HC? If he's as good as everyone says he will be gone. I like Payton but he seems pretty arrogant to me and isn't that the problem we have now?
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#54 » by Ray_Dogg » Tue Dec 9, 2014 3:59 am

I think Jed and Baalke would pay the asking price for Sean Payton if he was let go.
Hangman_52
Sixth Man
And1: 77

Post#55 » by Hangman_52 » Tue Dec 9, 2014 4:25 am

ESPN insider claims that the new head coach will be Mangini and that Mangini was hand picked be Baalke to replace Harbaugh a year ago.
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#56 » by Ray_Dogg » Tue Dec 9, 2014 4:30 am

Hangman_52 wrote:ESPN insider claims that the new head coach will be Mangini and that Mangini was hand picked be Baalke to replace Harbaugh a year ago.

Oh God no. I'm not buying that for one second.
49rangER
Senior
And1: 28

Post#57 » by 49rangER » Tue Dec 9, 2014 4:55 am

Hangman_52 wrote:ESPN insider claims that the new head coach will be Mangini and that Mangini was hand picked be Baalke to replace Harbaugh a year ago.

Shoot me if that happens.

(previously h0ckeysk83r)
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#58 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Dec 9, 2014 5:33 am

**** baalke!!!!
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
generaldreedle
Senior
And1: 46

Post#59 » by generaldreedle » Tue Dec 9, 2014 7:05 am

Well, if that's true it's back to the cellar. Jesus.

arich35
General Manager
And1: 816

Post#60 » by arich35 » Tue Dec 9, 2014 7:43 am

Lies!!! :banghead: :banghead:

Return to San Francisco 49ers