ImageImageImageImageImage

Poteintial Kaepernick Replacement

Moderators: MHSL82, CalamityX12

ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Re: Poteintial Kaepernick Replacement 

Post#21 » by ChrisPozz » Thu Dec 4, 2014 12:19 am

generaldreedle wrote:Can I just say I'm weary of Kaepernick's churlish behavior in front of the press.

Sent from my VS985 4G using RealGM Forums mobile app

You can say it but I think from my experiences people misdiagnose the intent of his words and his overall attitude towards the media about 95% of the time. The assumptions that many people make off many of his responses are pretty off from my viewpoint, though I will give you that he isn't the most mature 27-year old that's in the NFL either which is something I think people are getting at when they look at how he chooses to answer to the media.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,125

Post#22 » by clyde21 » Thu Dec 4, 2014 2:59 am

ChrisPozz wrote:
generaldreedle wrote:Can I just say I'm weary of Kaepernick's churlish behavior in front of the press.

You can say it but I think from my experiences people misdiagnose the intent of his words and his overall attitude towards the media about 95% of the time. The assumptions that many people make off many of his responses are pretty off from my viewpoint, though I will give you that he isn't the most mature 27-year old that's in the NFL either which is something I think people are getting at when they look at how he chooses to answer to the media.

Well, at least he's not Lynch. :lol:
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#23 » by ChrisPozz » Thu Dec 4, 2014 3:54 am

clyde21 wrote:
ChrisPozz wrote:

Well, at least he's not Lynch. :lol:

Nah, two very, very different individuals IMO.

I'm trying to think of any Bay Area media reporter or even some of the fringe national members that would find Kaepernick difficult to approach like some athletes can be. I think Kaepernick will almost always give you all the time you want with him and I think they find him polite for the most part, but he's not the kind of individual that's going to give you a lot of different angles to work with or make your job really easy like some athletes will do.
generaldreedle
Senior
And1: 46

Post#24 » by generaldreedle » Thu Dec 4, 2014 4:06 am

His press conference today was just an embarrassment, 87 words, he should understand that he just comes across as an ass, and no I'm not channeling Nolan nonsense, but I do think he's become very difficult and immature.

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,125

Post#25 » by clyde21 » Thu Dec 4, 2014 4:36 am

generaldreedle wrote:His press conference today was just an embarrassment, 87 words, he should understand that he just comes across as an ass, and no I'm not channeling Nolan nonsense, but I do think he's become very difficult and immature.

I think his approach works when you're winning. But you just dropped 3 points AT HOME in a prime-time game. You better give us some damn good answers, buddy.
generaldreedle
Senior

Post#26 » by generaldreedle » Thu Dec 4, 2014 4:48 am

I think his approach works when you're winning. But you just dropped 3 points AT HOME in a prime-time game. You better give us some damn good answers, buddy.[/quote]

Exactly, and he should answer why he's not seeing open guys and why he keeps throwing at Sherman
generaldreedle
Senior

Post#27 » by generaldreedle » Thu Dec 4, 2014 4:51 am

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zf5GFCSHsG4/V ... 2Bopen.jpg

Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Post#28 » by Jikkle » Thu Dec 4, 2014 1:41 pm

All I care about is his performance and he could make fart noises with his hands up there if he was putting together an MVP season.

I mean 99% of player interviews are all from that same script anyways so they are usually never interesting or informative.

Kap is just a little too thinned skinned when it comes to criticism and he tends to shut down when it comes to interviews and talking to the media.

In some ways that's good because guys usually feed off that fuel of people's criticisms but it could go all wrong and you have another Ryan Leaf on your hands.
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#29 » by Ray_Dogg » Thu Dec 4, 2014 3:20 pm

It doesn't reflect well on his abilities as a leader imo. He is acting like he is god's gift to football. That only flies if you are the best and you are out there winning.
I think he is an embarrassment as a team representative.
Ease_Ur_Storm
Senior
And1: 21

Post#30 » by Ease_Ur_Storm » Thu Dec 4, 2014 4:45 pm

The big difference between Lynch and Kap in these sessions is that Lynch is a RB and Kap's our franchise QB. A QB you should be mentally equipped to handle this type of scenario a lot better. I think fans would stick by him way more of he at least gave some genuine answers, and he wouldn't have to even put any real info out there at all. Understand that this is an information war, but it's not like we have some secret to success that needs to be hidden at all costs on the offensive side of the ball anyway. Looks like we're still in the admission phase of recovery.
generaldreedle
Senior

Post#31 » by generaldreedle » Thu Dec 4, 2014 6:19 pm

Ray_Dogg wrote:It doesn't reflect well on his abilities as a leader imo. He is acting like he is god's gift to football. That only flies if you are the best and you are out there winning.
I think he is an embarrassment as a team representative.

I agree completely and wonder if his teammates feel the same way, regardless of how they feel about his work ethic in the training room.

oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,349

Post#32 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Thu Dec 4, 2014 9:25 pm

You're the leader and highest paid employee of a billion dollar organization. How you chose to present yourself says a lot.

ImageImage
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
MHSL82
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 130

Post#33 » by MHSL82 » Fri Dec 5, 2014 12:21 am

Here is the video in case anyone wants to see it: http://www.csnbayarea.com/video_content ... ay-presser

Anyone know if the music in the background is from his headphones? I wonder if the media can ask him to turn that off or will they just look like they're being difficult? It's pretty difficult to hear his one word answers or the questions if that is on. If it isn't him, someone else should turn it off. I have never complained about this, but it seems disrespectful. Both are just doing their jobs. That includes Kaepernick, so if someone else has that music on, it's their fault.
MHSL82
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#34 » by MHSL82 » Fri Dec 5, 2014 9:59 pm

I think it would've been funny if he had gone on and on and on about the punt, pass, and kick. Do it until the media wants to leave mid-answer. Shrimp gumbo, shrimp cocktail, fried shrimp... but make it look genuine.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#35 » by ChrisPozz » Sat Dec 6, 2014 2:10 am

Harbaugh transcript: Envisioning rookie CB Johnson as starter

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/harbaug ... ocid=yahoo

Harbaugh questioned on the whole Kaepernick thing.
I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Post#36 » by I_am_1z » Sat Dec 6, 2014 2:15 am

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:You're the leader and highest paid employee of a billion dollar organization. How you chose to present yourself says a lot.

ImageImage

Do commenters like you have the same disgust for Coach Bill? He interviews in cut up sweaters. He acts very smug during interviews. No way he's well liked in your commune.
generaldreedle
Senior

Post#37 » by generaldreedle » Sat Dec 6, 2014 2:23 am

For me it's not about the dress, it's about the engagement, The press and fan attention and media is part of the reason for the big contracts because the money comes from tv so it's silly not to engage.

shouldakepowens
Senior
And1: 20

Post#38 » by shouldakepowens » Sat Dec 6, 2014 5:43 am

I_am_1z wrote:
oaktownwarriors87 wrote:You're the leader and highest paid employee of a billion dollar organization. How you chose to present yourself says a lot.

ImageImage

Do commenters like you have the same disgust for Coach Bill? He interviews in cut up sweaters. He acts very smug during interviews. No way he's well liked in your commune.

How many super bowls has roethliserger won? He still wears hats backwards. I don't care what they wear or how they wear it I just want winners. If kap beat Seattle we're not talking about his short answers. He's been doing it for years now the team is not as good and all the complaints come out.
MHSL82
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#39 » by MHSL82 » Sat Dec 6, 2014 5:08 pm

shouldakepowens wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:

ImageImage

How many super bowls has roethliserger won? He still wears hats backwards. I don't care what they wear or how they wear it I just want winners. If kap beat Seattle we're not talking about his short answers. He's been doing it for years now the team is not as good and all the complaints come out.

For me, I don't care if our quarterback wears his hat backwards as far as him being a leader or playing football. It is simply not relevant. Having said that, I didn't like Rothlisberger wearing his hat backwards, either. I thought he looked stupid (not that he would look brilliant wearing it forwards or without one). But again, that's not relevant to leading a team. And that's all that matters.
RedneckNiner
Veteran
And1: 104

Post#40 » by RedneckNiner » Sun Dec 7, 2014 1:32 am

Ease_Ur_Storm wrote:Whoever replaces him should strive to speak more words in a media session than Marshawn Lynch. They are neck and neck in the word count going into next week. First to 100 total words on the year will get two individually wrapped skittles.

I could care less how many words they said to the media... Were I a professional football player my favorite replies would be Piss Off or No Comment. All I want from Kaepernick is to not do anything stupid off the field and on the field to unwedge his head from between his buttcheeks and start learning and improving and helping the team win. Other than that I could care less if he answered every question at a press conference with next question, no comment or just skipped them altogether. As far as Replacements for Kaep. The draft is where the Niners need to look to draft his replacement and get him ready So that by the end of next season if Kaep is still Kaeptard they trade him for a cold ssix pack of PBR or whatever draft pick they can get.

Return to San Francisco 49ers