ImageImageImageImageImage

tOfficial Draft-Day Thread 2015

Moderators: Wolfay, MHSL82, CalamityX12

Hangman_52
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,270
And1: 50
Joined: Aug 21, 2014
       

Re: tOfficial Draft-Day Thread 2015 

Post#981 » by Hangman_52 » Sat May 2, 2015 10:46 pm

ChrisPozz gonna be busy now with UFA list. Seattle already got the Green Beret from Texas
Luckyluke22
Ballboy
Posts: 42
And1: 1
Joined: Jan 21, 2015
 

Re: tOfficial Draft-Day Thread 2015 

Post#982 » by Luckyluke22 » Sat May 2, 2015 11:02 pm

I like the TE Anderson pick. Seems like a poor man's VD - if he can stay healthy then it's a great pick in the 7th.
So our Draft PUP list is at 1) The GTech WR, possibly 2) TE Anderson this year. Not too bad compared to other years.
It definitely wasn't a draft to fill needs, but besides Bell, I can kinda see BPA reasons behind each prospect.
Still, the WR group really worries me because of depth.
CB I think will work itself out. Young but I see potential.
RedneckNiner
Veteran
Posts: 2,551
And1: 97
Joined: Sep 07, 2014
     

Re: tOfficial Draft-Day Thread 2015 

Post#983 » by RedneckNiner » Sat May 2, 2015 11:02 pm

I like 3 picks ..... by and large this draft is the Suck... Armstead I hope he pans out but he smells bust to me... Tart good player but we had bigger needs than a safety... and why do we need 25 tight ends on the team... going to forego wide receivers and go with 4 te packages? I really hope Baalke hits a homerum. Mike Davis, Smelter and Harold I really like the rest seems he just flings poo at a board and picks whatever names the poo covers.
Hangman_52
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,270
And1: 50
Joined: Aug 21, 2014
       

Re: tOfficial Draft-Day Thread 2015 

Post#984 » by Hangman_52 » Sat May 2, 2015 11:25 pm

Busta Anderson is being moved to WR from reports.

I was jokingly kidding about the 49ers having 10 TEs. The real number is 8 with Anderson moving to WR.
User avatar
Wolfay
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 7,644
And1: 642
Joined: Aug 13, 2005
Location: Sacramento, CA
       

Re: tOfficial Draft-Day Thread 2015 

Post#985 » by Wolfay » Sat May 2, 2015 11:44 pm

Moderator note: 99.9% of this thread is great, but there's been a couple of times where the Forum Rules have been violated. Avoiding the language filter is strictly not allowed, such as substituting an "f" with a "ph". That's just how it is on RealGM. I didn't hand out any warnings, but subsequent violations may result in warnings!
Image
badazzk9
Ballboy
Posts: 48
And1: 4
Joined: Sep 15, 2014

Re: tOfficial Draft-Day Thread 2015 

Post#986 » by badazzk9 » Sun May 3, 2015 1:00 am

Wolfay wrote:Moderator note: 99.9% of this thread is great, but there's been a couple of times where the Forum Rules have been violated. Avoiding the language filter is strictly not allowed, such as substituting an "f" with a "ph". That's just how it is on RealGM. I didn't hand out any warnings, but subsequent violations may result in warnings!


Phudge.
whysies
Ballboy
Posts: 5
And1: 0
Joined: Sep 24, 2014
 

Re: tOfficial Draft-Day Thread 2015 

Post#987 » by whysies » Sun May 3, 2015 2:34 am

I really didn't like some of the positions we drafted, especially early on (don't want to say anything about individual players for fear of suffering Pozz's wrath).

That said, seriously question for the enraged posters (Clyde et al.): what has Baalke done to earn your rage? At least as far as drafting goes? 2012 was a disaster. But other than that, we are talking about arguably one of the best drafting teams in the NFL (I think inarguably top 5). Why so angry?
Pattersonca65
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,816
And1: 77
Joined: Aug 29, 2014
     

Re: tOfficial Draft-Day Thread 2015 

Post#988 » by Pattersonca65 » Sun May 3, 2015 3:57 am

whysies wrote:I really didn't like some of the positions we drafted, especially early on (don't want to say anything about individual players for fear of suffering Pozz's wrath).

That said, seriously question for the enraged posters (Clyde et al.): what has Baalke done to earn your rage? At least as far as drafting goes? 2012 was a disaster. But other than that, we are talking about arguably one of the best drafting teams in the NFL (I think inarguably top 5). Why so angry?


I understand the frustration with this draft. This draft has been more of a head scratcher to me than 2012. Yes, Baalke has made some great picks and not so great picks. This year, Baalke has really reached on a number of picks that are projects. If these players don't pan out and/or if Baalke passed on a WR or Cornerback that could have really helped this team, Baalke could really end up on the hot seat.
whysies
Ballboy
Posts: 5
And1: 0
Joined: Sep 24, 2014
 

Re: tOfficial Draft-Day Thread 2015 

Post#989 » by whysies » Sun May 3, 2015 4:27 am

Right. No, I get being kind of frustrated right now. In the moment. But why the "Oh man, I can't wait wait until he's fired!!!" rage? Why wouldn't we just be like "Eh, man, I wouldn't have picked him" and then move one and really judge the draft in a few years?

Some people here couldn't be more angry with Baalke's drafting. Why? What has he done to this point to make us not trust him? We're a bunch of rando mouthbreathing pimple-faced Internet posters. He has been one of the best drafters since he became a GM. Why the hell would we be mad about what he did and want to get him fired? Just because he didn't pick who we wanted? What do we know that he doesn't? Why wouldn't we trust him?

(All serious questions, my breath couldn't be more baited for Clyde's rage-filled response)
-AC-
Sophomore
Posts: 157
And1: 7
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
       

Re: tOfficial Draft-Day Thread 2015 

Post#990 » by -AC- » Sun May 3, 2015 5:36 am

I thought it was a 'back to basics' kind of draft... Nothing cute, just a whole lot of size, strength, long arms and pissing off Niner fans everywhere... :D
shouldakepowens
Junior
Posts: 451
And1: 13
Joined: Aug 25, 2014
   

Re: tOfficial Draft-Day Thread 2015 

Post#991 » by shouldakepowens » Sun May 3, 2015 5:52 am

-AC- wrote:I thought it was a 'back to basics' kind of draft... Nothing cute, just a whole lot of size, strength, long arms and pissing off Niner fans everywhere... :D

We are shooting for tallest roster. I think we take Oakman next year.
generaldreedle
Senior
Posts: 624
And1: 46
Joined: Sep 04, 2014
       

 

Post#992 » by generaldreedle » Sun May 3, 2015 2:35 pm

I think that for me I would have wanted to see WR addressed earlier in the draft given that most evaluators were saying it's a deep draft for that position.
NinerSickness
Analyst
Posts: 3,030
And1: 139
Joined: Aug 18, 2014
 

Re: tOfficial Draft-Day Thread 2015 

Post#993 » by NinerSickness » Sun May 31, 2015 6:32 pm

I'm really starting to dislike the Seahawks' selection Frank Clark (DE Michigan). The more I watch & read about him the less I like the fact that he's a Seahawk. They took a risk on a character guy like the Niners did w/ Lynch last year; otherwise he probably would've been taken much higher.
User avatar
DoobieKeebler
Senior
Posts: 668
And1: 32
Joined: Aug 18, 2014
Location: Northern Califas
       

Re: tOfficial Draft-Day Thread 2015 

Post#994 » by DoobieKeebler » Tue Jun 2, 2015 12:35 am

I keep getting drowsy trying to do it, but I'm trying to connect all of Baalke's trades of the last 3 drafts and essentially the players Baalke traded away/received. Granted the Niners positional needs would be different than their trade partners, but this part of the NFL offseason is so boring.

At least I have my Dubs. Larry O'Brien Championship Trophy, ho!
NinerSickness
Analyst
Posts: 3,030
And1: 139
Joined: Aug 18, 2014
 

Re: tOfficial Draft-Day Thread 2015 

Post#995 » by NinerSickness » Sat May 27, 2017 5:09 pm

NinerSickness wrote:I'm really starting to dislike the Seahawks' selection Frank Clark (DE Michigan). The more I watch & read about him the less I like the fact that he's a Seahawk. They took a risk on a character guy like the Niners did w/ Lynch last year; otherwise he probably would've been taken much higher.


Random bump for Frank Clark, who got 10 sacks last year. I always thought that was a great pick by the Seahawks.

This is the kind of value pick John Lynch needs to be able to find, and I'm not confident he has it in him. I'm hoping Witherspoon proves me wrong, but I doubt it.

I'm beginning to like John Lynch a little less every day.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 9,784
And1: 966
Joined: Mar 15, 2012
         

Re: tOfficial Draft-Day Thread 2015 

Post#996 » by CalamityX12 » Tue May 30, 2017 7:27 pm

That was quite a bump there....
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
I_am_1z
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,421
And1: 35
Joined: Aug 22, 2014
     

Re: tOfficial Draft-Day Thread 2015 

Post#997 » by I_am_1z » Wed Jul 5, 2017 5:44 am

Bingo might not want to relive this thread, it's quite hilarious though. We should bump every official draft thread that we've done on hoopla.
Pattersonca65
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,816
And1: 77
Joined: Aug 29, 2014
     

Re: tOfficial Draft-Day Thread 2015 

Post#998 » by Pattersonca65 » Wed Jul 5, 2017 7:49 pm

With the issues the 49ers had in recent years with Ray McDonald and Aldon Smith, there was no way they were ever going to draft Frank Clark. He appears to be a pick that is paying dividends for them thus far but if you look at Seattle's drafts since 2013, they haven't drafted well at all. Even the Seattle Times has reported on this that they really need 2017 to be a good draft because of their starters hitting their 30s and their recent picks mostly not panning out.
I_am_1z
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,421
And1: 35
Joined: Aug 22, 2014
     

Re: tOfficial Draft-Day Thread 2015 

Post#999 » by I_am_1z » Thu Jul 6, 2017 2:27 am

Pattersonca65 wrote:With the issues the 49ers had in recent years with Ray McDonald and Aldon Smith, there was no way they were ever going to draft Frank Clark. He appears to be a pick that is paying dividends for them thus far but if you look at Seattle's drafts since 2013, they haven't drafted well at all. Even the Seattle Times has reported on this that they really need 2017 to be a good draft because of their starters hitting their 30s and their recent picks mostly not panning out.


Not really a player I wanna root for but to each his own

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/hotel-clerk-says-frank-clark-threatened-her-admitted-hitting-girlfriend/
NinerSickness
Analyst
Posts: 3,030
And1: 139
Joined: Aug 18, 2014
 

Re: tOfficial Draft-Day Thread 2015 

Post#1000 » by NinerSickness » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:50 am

Pattersonca65 wrote:With the issues the 49ers had in recent years with Ray McDonald and Aldon Smith, there was no way they were ever going to draft Frank Clark.


Which shows the absolutely myopic thinking of Baalke & the front office. What a s**t show that was.

Return to San Francisco 49ers