2015-16 NFL ROOKIE CLASS

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Re: 2015 NFL ROOKIE CLASS 

Post#141 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:11 am

Delvin Breaux - DB - Saints

Delvin Breaux operated as the Saints' first-team nickel cornerback at Tuesday's minicamp practice.

Breaux had previously been running as an outside cornerback with the ones and twos. He got a promotion on Tuesday, replacing veteran Kyle Wilson in the slot, after shining throughout the offseason. Breaux was a premium signing out of the CFL in January. He has the size (6-foot-1, 195) to play inside or outside.
Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune

Jun 16 - 7:39 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#142 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:15 am

Justin Hardy - WR - Falcons

Fourth-round pick Justin Hardy has mixed in with the first-team offense at minicamp.

Roddy White (knee) and Devin Hester (personal) have been sidelined, so Hardy worked as the No. 1 slot receiver between Julio Jones and Leonard Hankerson. After Tuesday's session, Matt Ryan "singled out Hardy as impressive." A rugged possession receiver, Hardy should eventually replace Harry Douglas.
Source: Vaughn McClure on Twitter

Jun 16 - 6:50 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#143 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:16 am

Duke Johnson - RB - Browns

Browns signed third-round RB Duke Johnson to a four-year contract.

The hype train has been picking up steam at a rapid rate recently with reports stating Johnson has been the "most impressive" runner in Browns offseason practices. The Cleveland backfield appears to be wide open for the most part. As long as Johnson's ADP doesn't skyrocket, he's a preferred mid-to-late dart-throw.

Jun 16 - 6:09 PM
Dodub
General Manager
And1: 516

Post#144 » by Dodub » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:24 am

NinerSickness wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Tyler Lockett - WR - Seahawks

Third-round WR/KR Tyler Lockett has "easily been the most impressive rookie" so far in Seahawks' offseason workouts.

Lockett was selected to spark a stagnant Seattle return game. He was widely viewed as the best returner available after averaging 19.1 yards per punt return (with two TDs) and 20.1 yards per kickoff return for Kansas State last year. Lockett is also getting work at slot receiver, where he'll learn behind Doug Baldwin.
Source: ESPN.com

Jun 15 - 8:30 AM

I'm actually relieved to hear that. The guy about whom I really don't want t' hear positive reports is Frank Clark. If he pans out, he could be a big problem for the Niners.

You clearly haven't watched much of Lockett then.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#145 » by NinerSickness » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:22 am

Dodub wrote:You clearly haven't watched much of Lockett then.

I've actually watched plenty of Lockette, and that wasn't a slight on him. He's a good, well-polished receiver who could really hurt the Niners.
Dodub
General Manager

Post#146 » by Dodub » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:07 am

NinerSickness wrote:
Dodub wrote:You clearly haven't watched much of Lockett then.

I've actually watched plenty of Lockette, and that wasn't a slight on him. He's a good, well-polished receiver who could really hurt the Niners.

I think your confusing Tyler Lockett with Ricardo Lockette who also played for Seattle. Tyler Lockett is a game breaker on offense and special teams and its bothersome that he's excelling at practice.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#147 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:00 am

Breshad Perriman - WR - Ravens

Ravens first-round WR Breshad Perriman had four drops on the opening day of minicamp.

The Ravens talked up Perriman’s pass-catching at OTAs, but his drop issues are starting to resurface. "Just really paying attention, getting too tired and really not focusing," Perriman said. "I don’t really make excuses. They should have been caught." Drops were Perriman’s biggest flag going into the draft and could carry over into the regular season. Perriman is being counted on to play the high-volume X role under Marc Trestman.
Source: Baltimore Sun

Jun 17 - 6:47 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#148 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:02 am

MyCole Pruitt - TE - Vikings

Vikings rookie TE MyCole Pruitt is working as the No. 2 tight end behind Kyle Rudolph.

"He’s really catching our eye," coach Mike Zimmer said. "MyCole has done a nice job. We’ve moved him around. We anticipate he’ll be a pretty good blocker." Pruitt has moved ahead of Chase Ford for No. 2 duties. The Vikings are playing him at H-back and detached from the line in two tight end sets. Pruitt will make one of Rhett Ellison or Brandon Bostick expendable.
Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune

Jun 17 - 6:30 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#149 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:05 am

Todd Gurley - RB - Rams

Rams coach Jeff Fisher declined to say if Todd Gurley (knee) will be ready for training camp.

"I can’t predict that," Fisher acknowledged. "I know he’s doing well. He’ll rehab with us during the break. We’re just going to see how he progresses. If he’s not PUPed, then I think you could probably assume he’s going to play sooner than you think." Seven months removed from ACL surgery, Gurley is questionable for Week 1. He's being over-drafted in early re-draft leagues.
Source: St Louis Post-Dispatch

Jun 17 - 5:39 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#150 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:07 am

Matt Jones - RB - Redskins

Redskins rookie RB Matt Jones expects to push Alfred Morris in training camp.

"I'm just grinding every day to be the starter," Jones said. "I will put some pressure on Alfred." The Redskins view Jones as the favorite for third-down snaps, but he remains the clear No. 2 back behind Morris. Jones has potential to cut into Morris’s workload with a strong camp.
Source: Washington Post

Jun 17 - 5:07 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#151 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:10 am

Kevin White - WR - Bears

Jay Cutler said first-rounder Kevin White is competing for the Bears' No. 4 receiver job.

This could clearly be a case of the Bears not handing the rookie anything, but Cutler mentioned Alshon Jeffery, Marquess Wilson, and Eddie Royal as his top three receivers. White has also missed time at minicamp with an undisclosed injury, though coach John Fox wouldn't give anymore info. It doesn't sound serious. This is just a bit of caution for re-drafters looking for White to explode on the scene year one. Wilson was a training camp star before getting hurt last year.
Source: Chicago Tribune

Jun 17 - 12:50 PM
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#152 » by NinerSickness » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:03 am

Dodub wrote:I think your confusing Tyler Lockett with Ricardo Lockette who also played for Seattle. Tyler Lockett is a game breaker on offense and special teams and its bothersome that he's excelling at practice.

I know who Tyler Lockett is. Ricrado is not a rook, and he's not a good receiver. I just gave Tyler a positive review. I think you're reading something that isn't there.
Dodub
General Manager

Post#153 » by Dodub » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:49 pm

NinerSickness wrote:
Dodub wrote:I think your confusing Tyler Lockett with Ricardo Lockette who also played for Seattle. Tyler Lockett is a game breaker on offense and special teams and its bothersome that he's excelling at practice.

I know who Tyler Lockett is. Ricrado is not a rook, and he's not a good receiver. I just gave Tyler a positive review. I think you're reading something that isn't there.

I'm not reading anything except for what you typed. You put Lockette instead of Lockett and bolded the name as if to show some kind of significance. They are both on the same team which could further lead to a mix up.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#154 » by NinerSickness » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:40 am

Dodub wrote:I'm not reading anything except for what you typed. You put Lockette instead of Lockett and bolded the name as if to show some kind of significance. They are both on the same team which could further lead to a mix up.

Ok well as long as that's cleared up, here's what I was saying:

Ricardo: good (not great) WR prospect. Could be a pain in the butt for the Niners. But I'm much more worried about Frank Clark reaching his potential than Lockett.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 939

Post#155 » by CrimsonCrew » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:54 pm

Dodub wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:

I'm not reading anything except for what you typed. You put Lockette instead of Lockett and bolded the name as if to show some kind of significance. They are both on the same team which could further lead to a mix up.

Sick does that with all names.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#156 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:46 pm

DeAndrew White - WR - 49ers

49ers UDFA DeAndrew White had a "standout" offseason.

White was one of the highlights of OTAs/minicamp. The 49ers like the combination of speed and route running he's shown while working with the second team. White earned sporadic playing time at Alabama after tearing his ACL as a sophomore, but ran 4.44 at the Combine and is a former top high school recruit. White needs to prove his value on special teams to avoid the practice squad.
Source: 49ers.com

Jun 27 - 5:49 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#157 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:47 pm

Clive Walford - TE - Raiders

The Raiders want rookie TE Clive Walford to be a Week 1 starter.

Walford has a chance to unseat Mychal Rivera in training camp after impressing at OTAs. He’s reportedly looked better than Rivera in the passing game, but projects to get most of his snaps as an inline blocker. Walford remains unlikely to make a rookie-year impact.
Source: raiders.com

Jun 27 - 4:48 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#158 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:20 pm

Andrus Peat - T - Saints

Saints rookie Andrus Peat said he has not taken any snaps at guard this offseason.

Most of Peat's work has come behind Zach Strief at right tackle. There was some speculation either Peat or Strief would kick to left guard after the Saints traded Ben Grubbs, but it appears New Orleans is comfortable with Tim Lelito. Peat will need a strong training camp to unseat Streif at right tackle. He will likely open the season in a swing role.
Source: NFL.com

Jun 27 - 12:18 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#159 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:23 pm

Ameer Abdullah - RB - Lions

Lions rookie Ameer Abdullah is confident he could be a three-down running back in the NFL.

"I came into this league hoping to get the opportunity to play running back on every down. I full-heartedly believe that is what my calling is," Abdullah said. "That's what I've done my whole life." With Joique Bell (Achilles', knee) coming off another limited offseason, Abdullah could become a "three-down" player as early as this season. No matter what, Abdullah looks poised to play a big role in the Lions' offense.
Source: NFL.com

Jun 27 - 12:13 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#160 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:25 pm

Jamison Crowder - WR - Redskins

CSN Washington's Rich Tandler said "it will be a surprise" if rookie WR Jamison Crowder is not the Redskins' primary return man Week 1.

Crowder had four punt return touchdowns and averaged 13.4 yards a punt return at Duke. Crowder's history as a kick returner is less stellar, but he should be given every opportunity to win that job as well. Washington was in the bottom half of the league in both kick and punt return average last season.
Source: CSN Washington

Jun 27 - 10:00 AM

Return to San Francisco 49ers