Moderators: MHSL82, CalamityX12

Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 206

Re: Alex Boone Sucks. Badly. 

Post#21 » by Pattersonca65 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:18 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
Pattersonca65 wrote:
I think both of those players (Thomas and Brown) really struggled during training camp from what I've read. That the coaching staff feels better with Pears in there is telling when you see that the coaching staff has demoted CB Wright off the roster. Could Brown or Thomas be any worse? I don't know. I don't think Pears is going to get ny better. Is it time to put Brown and Thomas in there and let them struggle and try and get better. Maybe

Brown was actually raved and praised for a bit after AD retired. The propaganda dissipated towards the end but why not?

Thomas, that cat I didn't hear a lot of praise nor necessarily poor reviews. Pretty much didn't stand out IIRC. Or maybe not enough?

There was alot of hype after Brown was drafted because of his size and physical abilities. While struggling to find the starting unit, both Thomas and Brown were given oppoturnies with the starting unit during training camp and I believe in a game. I remember reading stories reporting both struggling in pass protection.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#22 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:21 pm

Pattersonca65 wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:
Pattersonca65 wrote:
I think both of those players (Thomas and Brown) really struggled during training camp from what I've read. That the coaching staff feels better with Pears in there is telling when you see that the coaching staff has demoted CB Wright off the roster. Could Brown or Thomas be any worse? I don't know. I don't think Pears is going to get ny better. Is it time to put Brown and Thomas in there and let them struggle and try and get better. Maybe

Brown was actually raved and praised for a bit after AD retired. The propaganda dissipated towards the end but why not?

Thomas, that cat I didn't hear a lot of praise nor necessarily poor reviews. Pretty much didn't stand out IIRC. Or maybe not enough?

There was alot of hype after Brown was drafted because of his size and physical abilities. While struggling to find the starting unit, both Thomas and Brown were given oppoturnies with the starting unit during training camp and I believe in a game. I remember reading stories reporting both struggling in pass protection.

haha sounds no different than Pears n Devey lol
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#23 » by Pattersonca65 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:25 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
Pattersonca65 wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:Brown was actually raved and praised for a bit after AD retired. The propaganda dissipated towards the end but why not?

haha sounds no different than Pears n Devey lol

LOL, it kinda does. I don't know to what degree each struggled. At least the coaches didn't see enough in Thomas, Brown, other rookie OL at this point that they started Pears and Devey instead.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#24 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:15 pm

The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#25 » by Pattersonca65 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:00 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:http://ninerfans.com/why-49ers-g-andrew-tiller-should-start-at-right-guard/

interesting observation from the PS.

Thanks for posting. Interesting. I remember hearing Tiller's name a bit but it seemed he was pretty far down the depth chart.
Yoshi
Senior
And1: 30

Post#26 » by Yoshi » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:19 pm

Martin should be more or a G than a C. I know he's young but he plays soft. One of his greatest weakness coming into the draft was a "lack of desirable grit". He was a three year starter in USC so I expected him to be better prepared than what he is showing us.
We're bringing the Axe back home to where it belongs! What do you see? UC Berkeley Fan of the SF Giants, 49ers, Warriors, Alabama Crimson Tide, Cal Bears, La Furia Roja, Three Lions, FC Barcelona, Arsenal FC, & the NZ All Blacks Rugby Team.

Return to San Francisco 49ers