2016 NFL Draft Thread - Picks and Discussion

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Re: 2016 NFL Draft Thread - Picks and Discussion 

Post#1081 » by ChrisPozz » Thu May 5, 2016 3:49 pm

Aaron Wilson:

49ers' deal for sixth-round quarterback Jeff Driskel: up to $2.629 million, including $112,540 signing bonus
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#1082 » by ChrisPozz » Thu May 5, 2016 6:44 pm

Rand Getlin:

I'm told RB Kelvin Taylor has signed his contract with the #49ers.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#1083 » by ChrisPozz » Thu May 5, 2016 6:47 pm

NFL » Ex-Utah defensive end Fanaika endures an agonizing draft before reaching a free-agent deal with 49ers and vowing to make teams regret snubbing him.

http://www.sltrib.com/home/3842616-155/nfl-draft-day-disappointing-for-utahs

After hanging up, Jason fills in the blanks: The 49ers say they're thinking about drafting him with the fifth-to-last pick of the draft. No guarantees.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#1084 » by ChrisPozz » Thu May 5, 2016 6:55 pm

Sakamoto: 5 Things We Learned From 49ers Trent Baalke after 2016 NFL Draft

http://ninerfans.com/sakamoto-5-things-we-learned-from-49ers-trent-baalke-after-2016-nfl-draft/

Countless hours go into researching prospects starting around the time training camp rolls around. From 49ers Senior Personnel Director Ethan Waugh to DOCS (Director of College Scouting) Matt Malaspina, it’s imperative that Baalke values their input, as they work diligently year-round in getting it right. Those two along with National Scout Justin Chabot and regional scout Bob Morris, don’t get enough credit for the jobs they do.

In fact, I heard from numerous scouts on two separate AFC North teams, that Morris is highly regarded as one of the best in evaluating defensive backs. No wonder, Baalke selected FS Eric Reid, DB Jimmie Ward, and SS Jaquiski Tartt.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#1085 » by ChrisPozz » Fri May 6, 2016 4:05 pm

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#1086 » by CalamityX12 » Fri May 6, 2016 6:31 pm

The long awaited and absolutely unnecessary draft post feed by Calamity!!!!

First Pick - DeForest Buckner DL - I like. Given the new scenario of both QBs being taken, Buckner was my #1 with Tunsil being a shade behind. While either two would've been great for me, I vote Defense all day. Buckner, an actual DE i like unlike last years, will do some work out there and I have faith that we'll have the defense back to top 10ish soon enough. With Arik showing positive play, we have our bookends with quality depth in Dial and Dorsey. Obviously i don't expect Buckner to start day 1 but in the near future yes. The size and length must create numerous opportunities as well as improve the pass rush.

Second Pick - Joshua Garnett OG - I'm good with this pick. I'm ok with the trade and think the overreaction(me? lol) is misleading. He'll be a great run blocking G, hopefully LG, but a great one to be for us if we continue to be a power running team as we advertise. Both Jack and Smith were available but i agree with passing on them in the first. Nkemdiche and Butler however would've been good ones had we not gone with Buckner... I think the trade is fair and we made out just fine.

Third Pick - Will Redmond CB - Good pickup on CB. Other than Ward in the first, i trust the DBs selections of Baalke n Co. That's something they seem to get right on(or lucky with). While Carroo would've been nice IMO I'm ok with Redmond for the aforementioned.

Fourth Pick - Rashard Robinson CB - Now, seems a bit redundent. Considering we're already a bit crowded IMO at CB, this is where quantity may be overused here. Robinson is ok but why? Now I would've like to have package this pick and more to move up a bit and select Billings out of Baylor. This guy was a first rd prospect not too long ago... While yes you can say to me we are glutton at DL, Billings would've been a talent DT added to the mix that actually could play LT here.

That's all i care to write about, everyone else is good to go.

I say a B+ is a good grade for us.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#1087 » by NinerSickness » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:07 am

About time to un-sticky this thread?

Return to San Francisco 49ers