ImageImageImageImageImage

2016-17 CFB SEASON / '17 NFL DRAFT

Moderators: Wolfay, MHSL82, CalamityX12

Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 3,149
And1: 165
Joined: May 09, 2014
       

Re: 2016-17 CFB SEASON / '17 NFL DRAFT 

Post#1861 » by Ray_Dogg » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:56 pm

Read on Twitter
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 3,149
And1: 165
Joined: May 09, 2014
       

Re: 2016-17 CFB SEASON / '17 NFL DRAFT 

Post#1862 » by Ray_Dogg » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:57 pm

Read on Twitter
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 3,149
And1: 165
Joined: May 09, 2014
       

Re: 2016-17 CFB SEASON / '17 NFL DRAFT 

Post#1863 » by Ray_Dogg » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:24 pm

Read on Twitter
Bingo_AlphaMan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,725
And1: 57
Joined: Aug 24, 2014
     

Re: 2016-17 CFB SEASON / '17 NFL DRAFT 

Post#1864 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:48 pm

Gareon Conley - DB - Buckeyes

Ohio State CB Gareon Conley was accused of rape in a police report filed by a Cleveland woman.

No charges have been filed, no arrests have been made, and Conley hasn't yet spoken with police. The alleged victim said Conley raped her in a hotel suite bathroom on April 9. She called 911, and a rape kit was administered at a local hospital. The alleged victim refused to speak with police after that. Conley adamantly denies the allegations and his attorney called the claims "ludicrous and ridiculous." Conley was likely to go in the top-14 before this. Regardless of the validity of this claim, he may be in for a fall lower than that now. The NFL has only a little more than 48 hours to gather information about this incident before Thursday night's Round 1.
Source: TMZ

Apr 25 - 2:06 PM




Gareon Conley - DB - Buckeyes

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports that Ohio State CB Gareon Conley won't attend the NFL Draft.

News broke Tuesday that Conley has been accused of rape by a Cleveland woman for an incident in a hotel bathroom on April 9. Not much is known at this time outside of the fact that a police report was filed but no charges have been levied and no arrests have been made. Conley denies the allegation. Reports of his absence from the NFL Draft so soon after the news broke may suggest that Conley or his reps believe a drop out of Round 1 may be forthcoming.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Apr 25 - 3:04 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,725
And1: 57
Joined: Aug 24, 2014
     

Re: 2016-17 CFB SEASON / '17 NFL DRAFT 

Post#1865 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:52 pm

Ray_Dogg wrote:
Read on Twitter



You know what, I'm okay with that pick. If we do decide on Fournette then I hope that that doesn't give us an excuse to try to trade or the part ways with Hyde. As a matter of fact, I would hope that we extend Hyde's contact after the season or before training camp.

Also, I hate the fact that we have leaks. What the hell!
ChrisPozz
General Manager
Posts: 7,691
And1: 189
Joined: Sep 07, 2014
 

Re: 2016-17 CFB SEASON / '17 NFL DRAFT 

Post#1866 » by ChrisPozz » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:53 pm

Read on Twitter
ChrisPozz
General Manager
Posts: 7,691
And1: 189
Joined: Sep 07, 2014
 

Re: 2016-17 CFB SEASON / '17 NFL DRAFT 

Post#1867 » by ChrisPozz » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:15 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:
Read on Twitter


Police investigating Gareon Conley after rape accusation

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000802454/article/police-investigating-gareon-conley-after-rape-accusation
CrimsonCrew
Analyst
Posts: 3,610
And1: 144
Joined: Aug 21, 2014
 

Re: 2016-17 CFB SEASON / '17 NFL DRAFT 

Post#1868 » by CrimsonCrew » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:34 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
Ray_Dogg wrote:
Read on Twitter



You know what, I'm okay with that pick. If we do decide on Fournette then I hope that that doesn't give us an excuse to try to trade or the part ways with Hyde. As a matter of fact, I would hope that we extend Hyde's contact after the season or before training camp.

Also, I hate the fact that we have leaks. What the hell!


Let's see what actually happens before we decide there are leaks. There are these types of reports about every team the week before the draft, and especially teams picking up high because you can probably narrow it to just a few players.

I for one would not be happy - at all - if we picked Foutnette at #2. He's a two-down player at a position where we already have a pretty good injury-prone player, and where you can find quality starters in the 3rd or 4th round routinely.
ChrisPozz
General Manager
Posts: 7,691
And1: 189
Joined: Sep 07, 2014
 

Re: 2016-17 CFB SEASON / '17 NFL DRAFT 

Post#1869 » by ChrisPozz » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:37 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
Ray_Dogg wrote:
Read on Twitter



You know what, I'm okay with that pick. If we do decide on Fournette then I hope that that doesn't give us an excuse to try to trade or the part ways with Hyde. As a matter of fact, I would hope that we extend Hyde's contact after the season or before training camp.

Also, I hate the fact that we have leaks. What the hell!


Let's see what actually happens before we decide there are leaks. There are these types of reports about every team the week before the draft, and especially teams picking up high because you can probably narrow it to just a few players.

I for one would not be happy - at all - if we picked Foutnette at #2. He's a two-down player at a position where we already have a pretty good injury-prone player, and where you can find quality starters in the 3rd or 4th round routinely.


Or, if you're me, almost annually in the 6th, 7th, and undrafted areas. ;)

Usually not an arrogant son of a gun but I'm passionate about being able to hit on my RBs and the importance of them still. Sorry :)
ChrisPozz
General Manager
Posts: 7,691
And1: 189
Joined: Sep 07, 2014
 

Re: 2016-17 CFB SEASON / '17 NFL DRAFT 

Post#1870 » by ChrisPozz » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:59 pm

ChrisPozz
General Manager
Posts: 7,691
And1: 189
Joined: Sep 07, 2014
 

Re: 2016-17 CFB SEASON / '17 NFL DRAFT 

Post#1871 » by ChrisPozz » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:01 pm

CrimsonCrew
Analyst
Posts: 3,610
And1: 144
Joined: Aug 21, 2014
 

Re: 2016-17 CFB SEASON / '17 NFL DRAFT 

Post#1872 » by CrimsonCrew » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:04 pm

Talk of the Browns trading up can only help us. If another team wants Trubisky, it can't be sure how high they'll have to go. And I still question if the Browns would really pass up a QB prospect they believe is worth a top-8 selection. I understand Garrett is the clear-cut #1, but it's really dicey to pass on a QB they truly believe in.
Bingo_AlphaMan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,725
And1: 57
Joined: Aug 24, 2014
     

Re: 2016-17 CFB SEASON / '17 NFL DRAFT 

Post#1873 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:01 am

Leonard Fournette - RB - Tigers

The Chicago Tribune's Brad Biggs relays that there was "scuttlebutt in league circles" on Monday that the 49ers could select LSU RB Leonard Fournette at No. 2.

We have heard slight rumbling of Fournette-to-San Francisco before during the process, but it still feels like a stretch to us. Not only do the 49ers already house Carlos Hyde in the backfield, their roster has numerous holes which should take priority over selecting a running back at such a premium pick.
Source: Chicago Tribune

Apr 25 - 9:46 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,725
And1: 57
Joined: Aug 24, 2014
     

Re: 2016-17 CFB SEASON / '17 NFL DRAFT 

Post#1874 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:13 am

ChrisPozz wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:
Let's see what actually happens before we decide there are leaks. There are these types of reports about every team the week before the draft, and especially teams picking up high because you can probably narrow it to just a few players.

I for one would not be happy - at all - if we picked Foutnette at #2. He's a two-down player at a position where we already have a pretty good injury-prone player, and where you can find quality starters in the 3rd or 4th round routinely.


Or, if you're me, almost annually in the 6th, 7th, and undrafted areas. ;)

Usually not an arrogant son of a gun but I'm passionate about being able to hit on my RBs and the importance of them still. Sorry :)


Most years I would agree in taking such a stance in regard to the RB position. Especially if at the very least we were considered a borderline playoff caliber team. However that's not the case at all when you take into account how talented a player Fournette is. He's really the best back to come out since AP so that speaks volumes. You just don't ignore or pass up on the BPA at #2 simply because he's a RB. If you truly believe that he's the BPA you MUST take him.

Yes, it's very easy to assess the RB position and project fairly accurately how they will play in the pros. Much more easier than the other positions; which is why this same argument / claim makes me want Fournette even more because it's easy to tell that he's the most talented back to come out since AP. Thus, he's going to change the whole outlook of our running game (entire offense) for the next 10 years.

Yes we can get a RB in the 6th or 7th round to probably become our starter one day, but you don't have to look that far in history to realize that there's a stark difference between Ezekiel Elliot (#4 overall) and Davonte Booker (Round 4, #136 overall).
CrimsonCrew
Analyst
Posts: 3,610
And1: 144
Joined: Aug 21, 2014
 

Re: 2016-17 CFB SEASON / '17 NFL DRAFT 

Post#1875 » by CrimsonCrew » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:15 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
ChrisPozz wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:
Let's see what actually happens before we decide there are leaks. There are these types of reports about every team the week before the draft, and especially teams picking up high because you can probably narrow it to just a few players.

I for one would not be happy - at all - if we picked Foutnette at #2. He's a two-down player at a position where we already have a pretty good injury-prone player, and where you can find quality starters in the 3rd or 4th round routinely.


Or, if you're me, almost annually in the 6th, 7th, and undrafted areas. ;)

Usually not an arrogant son of a gun but I'm passionate about being able to hit on my RBs and the importance of them still. Sorry :)


Most years I would agree in taking such a stance in regard to the RB position. Especially if at the very least we were considered a borderline playoff caliber team. However that's not the case at all when you take into account how talented a player Fournette is. He's really the best back to come out since AP so that speaks volumes. You just don't ignore or pass up on the BPA at #2 simply because he's a RB. If you truly believe that he's the BPA you MUST take him.

Yes, it's very easy to assess the RB position and project fairly accurately how they will play in the pros. Much more easier than the other positions; which is why this same argument / claim makes me want Fournette even more because it's easy to tell that he's the most talented back to come out since AP. Thus, he's going to change the whole outlook of our running game (entire offense) for the next 10 years.

Yes we can get a RB in the 6th or 7th round to probably become our starter one day, but you don't have to look that far in history to realize that there's a stark difference between Ezekiel Elliot (#4 overall) and Davonte Booker (Round 4, #136 overall).


I would question whether a RB can ever be BPA at #2. The positional value just isn't there.
Bingo_AlphaMan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,725
And1: 57
Joined: Aug 24, 2014
     

Re: 2016-17 CFB SEASON / '17 NFL DRAFT 

Post#1876 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:46 am

CrimsonCrew wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
ChrisPozz wrote:
Yes, it's very easy to assess the RB position and project fairly accurately how they will play in the pros. Much more easier than the other positions; which is why this same argument / claim makes me want Fournette even more because it's easy to tell that he's the most talented back to come out since AP. Thus, he's going to change the whole outlook of our running game (entire offense) for the next 10 years.

Yes we can get a RB in the 6th or 7th round to probably become our starter one day, but you don't have to look that far in history to realize that there's a stark difference between Ezekiel Elliot (#4 overall) and Davonte Booker (Round 4, #136 overall).


I would question whether a RB can ever be BPA at #2. The positional value just isn't there.


Would Fournette be "my ideal" pick at #2, absolutely not!! I think we can still get a pro bowler type RB at pick #34 in Joe Mixon, but I think that both Shanahan and Lynch have scratched him off our draft board entirely because both men have daughters of their own... so they're conflicted about Mixon's situation and don't want to send the wrong message to their daughters. If the front office could guarantee me that they wouldn't pass on Mixon in rounds two or three if he was available then I'd be more than just okay in passing up on Fournette at #2 in order to draft another prospect that plays a position of greater need.

I also believe that not only Mixon will be available at #34, so will Dalvin Cook. Another player that I think will be a great RB in the league. There are 4 true elite backs in this year's draft (2 of which could potentially be had in the 2nd round) thus, I'm okay in drafting another at pick #2. I'm just saying, but if we do decide to go Fournette it won't totally be the worst choice that we could have possibly made. I think drafting a QB at #2 is far worse IMO.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 9,371
And1: 861
Joined: Mar 15, 2012
         

Re: 2016-17 CFB SEASON / '17 NFL DRAFT 

Post#1877 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:33 pm

The Draft is tomorrow!!!!
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Bingo_AlphaMan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,725
And1: 57
Joined: Aug 24, 2014
     

Re: 2016-17 CFB SEASON / '17 NFL DRAFT 

Post#1878 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:43 pm

Damn it. I thought about that as well last night but quickly disregard it, saying to myself that I'm overthinking things. But now I see I wasn't going crazy after all:

Dalvin Cook - RB - Seminoles

Eagles beat writer Eliot Shorr-Parks believes FSU RB Dalvin Cook is the top possibility for the Eagles at No. 14.

Rotoworld's Josh Norris suggested Eagles fans should not get their hopes up about Dalvin Cook being the pick at No. 14, but Gareon Conley's situation might force other targets up the board. Three of the top four possibilities Shorr-Parks lists are on offense, and none of the six include an edge rusher. That is surprising.
Source: NJ.com

Apr 26 - 9:12 AM
Bingo_AlphaMan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,725
And1: 57
Joined: Aug 24, 2014
     

Re: 2016-17 CFB SEASON / '17 NFL DRAFT 

Post#1879 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:58 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:The Draft is tomorrow!!!!


I have a strong feeling that we will have a trading partner after all. No way we keep the #2 overall pick. My gut feeling tells me that we have an offer on the table from Cleveland, but the only reason why we haven't accepted is because they're unwilling to include their 2018 first round pick as well.

I think Howie Roseman would love to add Fournette to his squad for two reasons: 1.) To show the Cowboys that they too can have an elite back and give them fits. 2.) To better develop and build Wentz's confidence. Therefore, I'd watch out for Philadelphia here as a trade partner. Roseman has never been shy about making big trades.

We shall see...!
Bingo_AlphaMan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,725
And1: 57
Joined: Aug 24, 2014
     

Re: 2016-17 CFB SEASON / '17 NFL DRAFT 

Post#1880 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:09 pm

Mitchell Trubisky - QB - Tar Heels

NFL Network's Mike Silver reports the Browns have discussed trade possibilities with four teams in the top eight picks.

This is likely in the hope of moving up for UNC QB Mitchell Trubisky. It is clear the front office wants to select Myles Garrett and No. 1, but pressure from another area of the team is pushing a Trubisky selection, which ultimately could be a trade up. The Browns have draft ammo, but a major part of their plan is to acquire as many picks as possible, not use them as a possible trade up for a quarterback with 13 starts. But if the influence is from the owner, the team might not have a choice.
Source: Mike Silver on Twitter

Apr 26 - 9:19 AM

Return to San Francisco 49ers