Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Re: 2016-17 CFB SEASON / '17 NFL DRAFT 

Post#581 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Dec 5, 2016 1:43 pm

NinerSickness wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:
The Corey-Davis dream is over. :( Time to move on to more realistic options.

Maybe Myles in the 1st and OJ Howard in the 2nd. Howard & Vance would be an amazing TE combo'.

Maybe Tre'Davious White in the 2nd? LOVE that guy.

Jarrad Davis?

Garrett n Howard are my ideal grab!

It's pseudo-realistic too. Howard will probably be a 1st rounder when it's all said & done, but he's my new 2nd-round, dream pick now that people have caught on that Corey Davis is amazing.

1. Myles
2. OJ
3. Trade up for that LG from Notre Dame (forget his name) and play him at center. Kilgore sucks, and I don't see any good centers in FA.

Or

3. Trade up for Tre'Davious White, CB LSU (former teammate of Rashard Robinson).

My dream draft would be:
1.) Myles Garrett
2.) Christian McCafrey or John Ross
3.) Bucky Hodges
4.) Trade up back in the 3rd, Marquis Haynes
5.) if we go with Ross in the second instead of McCaffrey then we need to get that explosive back that Chip loves for his style of offense to be effective. That man would be Donnel Pumphrey.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#582 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 3:09 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:Garrett n Howard are my ideal grab!

It's pseudo-realistic too. Howard will probably be a 1st rounder when it's all said & done, but he's my new 2nd-round, dream pick now that people have caught on that Corey Davis is amazing.

1. Myles
2. OJ
3. Trade up for that LG from Notre Dame (forget his name) and play him at center. Kilgore sucks, and I don't see any good centers in FA.

Or

3. Trade up for Tre'Davious White, CB LSU (former teammate of Rashard Robinson).

My dream draft would be:
1.) Myles Garrett
3.) Bucky Hodges
5.) if we go with Ross in the second instead of McCaffrey then we need to get that explosive back that Chip loves for his style of offense to be effective. That man would be Donnel Pumphrey.

Bucky would be a sweet pickup later if OJ can't be around.

The game really changes if Garrett is taken(all signs point to yes!) before we can!
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#583 » by Ray_Dogg » Mon Dec 5, 2016 7:17 pm

Can the Browns beat the Bengals at home this week?
No AJ Green and No Bernard.
Problem is RGIII might start after a long time out.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#584 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Dec 5, 2016 7:21 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:

1. Myles
2. OJ

Or

My dream draft would be:
1.) Myles Garrett
3.) Bucky Hodges

The game really changes if Garrett is taken(all signs point to yes!) before we can!

Unlike last year this draft is loaded with quality TEs. That African kid from Miami Hurricanes, his name escapes me, is a player we could develop quickly within or so to be a potent weapon in the league (Greg Olsen type skills). He's only a redshirt sophomore though so he is unlikely to declare. He's somewhat of a "sleeper" at this point, and could be had in the 4th round if all of the other stud TEs are gone by then.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#585 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 7:45 pm

Ray_Dogg wrote:Can the Browns beat the Bengals at home this week?

we can pray?

even if they win, do we go ahead of them in tie breaker or no?
The ModFather

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#586 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 7:45 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
My dream draft would be:
1.) Myles Garrett
3.) Bucky Hodges

Unlike last year this draft is loaded with quality TEs. That African kid from Miami Hurricanes, his name escapes me, is a player we could develop quickly within or so to be a potent weapon in the league (Greg Olsen type skills). He's only a redshirt sophomore though so he is unlikely to declare. He's somewhat of a "sleeper" at this point, and could be had in the 4th round if all of the other stud TEs are gone by then.

one of the few opportunities for us is that its a deep, IMO, TE class and we can use upgrades at TE.
The ModFather

Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#587 » by Ray_Dogg » Mon Dec 5, 2016 9:03 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
Ray_Dogg wrote:Can the Browns beat the Bengals at home this week?

we can pray?

even if they win, do we go ahead of them in tie breaker or no?

I think it is pretty close on strength of schedule.
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#588 » by Ray_Dogg » Mon Dec 5, 2016 9:19 pm

If our records were identical we would win the tie-breaker on the strength of schedule as of today.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000751669/article/wholl-end-up-with-2017-nfl-drafts-top-pick
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#589 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 10:01 pm

Ray_Dogg wrote:If our records were identical we would win the tie-breaker on the strength of schedule as of today.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000751669/article/wholl-end-up-with-2017-nfl-drafts-top-pick

you the man!
The ModFather

Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#590 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Tue Dec 6, 2016 12:55 am

Mike Williams - WR - Tigers

NFL Media draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah compared Clemson senior WR Mike Williams to Andre Johnson.

Jeremiah was particularly taken by the physical similarities between Williams (6-foot-3, 225 pounds) and Johnson (6-foot-3, 229 pounds). "[Williams is] huge. He has a thick, muscled-up frame and very long arms," Jeremiah wrote. In 13 games to date, Williams has caught 84 passes for 1,171 yards and 10 touchdowns. Jeremiah colleague Lance Zierlein has previously comped Williams to former Giants wideout Plaxico Burress, while Clemson HC Dabo Swinney has forwarded the belief that his current receiving stalwart is a more well-rounded wideout than either DeAndre Hopkins or Sammy Watkins.
Source: NFL.com

Dec 5 - 6:59 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#591 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Tue Dec 6, 2016 12:59 am

He's definitely better than Gurley and Zeek:

Leonard Fournette - RB - Tigers

A pair of NFL scouting evaluators told NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport that they see LSU junior RB Leonard Fournette as a better pro prospect than Los Angeles Rams RB Todd Gurley.

Gurley was selected 10th in the 2015 NFL Draft by the Rams, who have subsequently locked him in a dungeon of sad three-yard gains. Fournette could well follow in the footsteps of Gurley and Zeke Elliott, both of whom landed as top-10 picks in the 2015 and 2016 drafts, respectively. Fournette failed to top 1,000 yards rushing this season, though that is only due to a nagging ankle injury which forced him to miss multiple contests. Expect plenty of comps to all-universe backs such as Bo Jackson and Adrian Peterson over the coming months.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Dec 5 - 6:05 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#592 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Tue Dec 6, 2016 1:01 am

This kid could become a better pro than he is as a college player:

Damore'ea Stringfellow - WR - Rebels

Ole Miss redshirt junior WR Damore'ea Stringfellow has declared for the 2017 NFL Draft.

"I cannot begin to express to Rebel Nation what an honor and privilege these last three years have been putting on the Ole Miss jersey each Saturday," Stringfellow said. In 12 games this season, the 6-foot-3, 229-pounder recorded a 46-716-6 receiving line. He wraps his Rebs career having caught 102 passes for 1,478 yards and 12 scores. In October, an anonymous NFL evaluator noted that Stringfellow possesses "deceptive speed" and a natural physicality.
Source: Ole Miss Sports

Dec 5 - 5:10 PM
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#593 » by Ray_Dogg » Tue Dec 6, 2016 3:20 am

Oh god. How are we gonna lose to this Jets team? Jesus they are terrible. Not even trying on defense.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#594 » by NinerSickness » Tue Dec 6, 2016 7:20 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:Garrett n Howard are my ideal grab!

1. Myles
2. OJ

Or

My dream draft would be:
1.) Myles Garrett
3.) Bucky Hodges

I'd love that draft. Bucky Hodges is underrated IMO. They say he's almost a WR, but he's shown strength & toughness to mix it up w/ the big boys IMO (at least in the long run; he'll struggle early on blocking). Getting him in the 3rd would be a dream.

I'd love McCaffery too. I'd be fine with that pick as long as the Niners spend some money and / or pick(s) on the OL. Kilgore sucks, and I don't like Beadles. I say replace 'em both. I'm also unconvinced about Trenton Brown, but I think he deserves 1 more year to show he can be a dominant RT.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#595 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 2:33 pm

Ray_Dogg wrote:Oh god. How are we gonna lose to this Jets team? Jesus they are terrible. Not even trying on defense.

The ModFather

Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#596 » by Ray_Dogg » Tue Dec 6, 2016 5:07 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
Ray_Dogg wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:
I miss when he was a sleeper. :( He's been my favourite WR prospect since AJ Green / Julio, and I could see that from last year's performances.

I wish there was some way we could come out of the first round with a Davis and Derek Barnett. Can a team fall in love with a QB at 2 and trade us a ransom?

The problem is both of those guys are projected to go in the top 15. Maybe even the top 10.

Browns take Trubisky at #1 and we trade #2 to Titans for their two first round picks. Problem solved haha.
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#597 » by Ray_Dogg » Tue Dec 6, 2016 5:08 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
Ray_Dogg wrote:Oh god. How are we gonna lose to this Jets team? Jesus they are terrible. Not even trying on defense.

We need a team wide food poisoning. For real.
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#598 » by Ray_Dogg » Tue Dec 6, 2016 5:09 pm

NinerSickness wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:

1. Myles
2. OJ

Or

My dream draft would be:
1.) Myles Garrett
3.) Bucky Hodges

I'd love that draft. Bucky Hodges is underrated IMO. They say he's almost a WR, but he's shown strength & toughness to mix it up w/ the big boys IMO (at least in the long run; he'll struggle early on blocking). Getting him in the 3rd would be a dream.

I'd love McCaffery too. I'd be fine with that pick as long as the Niners spend some money and / or pick(s) on the OL. Kilgore sucks, and I don't like Beadles. I say replace 'em both. I'm also unconvinced about Trenton Brown, but I think he deserves 1 more year to show he can be a dominant RT.

on a side note as I tend to throw these predictions out there...Hodges ain't 6'7"
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#599 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Fri Dec 9, 2016 2:25 am

Deshaun Watson - QB - Tigers

An NFC personnel director described the scouting criticism of Clemson junior QB Deshaun Watson "overkill."

"[Watson] doesn't have great field vision and makes too many mistakes with the ball. I get it," the personnel director said. "But why aren't we talking about what he does? He's a winner who always seems to come up with big plays in big games and he's a great athlete with leadership skills." He went on to note that the criticisms with Watson are similar to those levied against Dak Prescott prior to last spring's draft. NFL Media's Lance Zierlein remains firmly in that critical camp when it comes to the 6-foot-2, 205-pound Watson, writing that the Clemson star "must improve" in his reads of defense and turnover tendencies if he is going to find success in the NFL.
Source: NFL.com

Dec 8 - 4:42 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#600 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Fri Dec 9, 2016 7:33 pm

Rueben Foster goes #2 overall? Only if we were to trade back 7 slots back from where we at in order acquire more picks:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2680679-matt-millers-week-14-nfl-scouting-notebook-updated-2-round-mock-draft

Return to San Francisco 49ers