ChrisPozz wrote: thesack12 wrote:
49er4life1979 wrote:Why oh why is Tom Cable on the list of coaches to be interviewed? Are you kidding me?
Maybe because Jed still thinks 9ers are a threat to Seattle and he thinks if he can get one of their guys it will be a win?
Idk, but Cable is a pretty disgusting route to go. But such is life, with the current state of this team/organization. Its going to be pretty difficult for Frisco to get one of the hot "name" candidates, because those guys actually have options.
By chance do you have a ranked list of your 7-10 favorite candidates?
I'll keep it realistic meaning: 1) SF isn't getting one of the elite names 2) Keeping in mind its a huge transition time in 9er land and this coaching search is unlikely to find the guy that leads the team to Lombardi #6
1) Josh McDaniels: As I said before, IMO he has the highest upside of any of the realistic options
2) Kyle Shanahan: He is unquestionably a rising star, and comes from a successful bloodline
3) Brian Billick: Blast from the past, but he wants to get back I believe and could be a good bridge guy
4) Todd Haley: Not the most likable guy, but he's rebuilt his stock and Pitt's offense has solid player development and success
5) Rex Ryan: I'll qualify this one by saying only if a very good/strong personality OC is attached to him
6) Tom Coughlin: Unpopular choice for sure, but IMO he could help establish the proper culture as the bridge guy
7) Rob Chudzinski: Admittedly a wild card, but IMO he's back on the rise. Pretty good with developing players