2017-18 CFB SEASON / '18 NFL DRAFT

Moderators: Wolfay, MHSL82, CalamityX12

Bingo_AlphaMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 57

Re: 2017-18 CFB SEASON / '18 NFL DRAFT 

Post#81 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Thu May 11, 2017 10:41 pm

Minkah Fitzpatrick - DB - Crimson Tide

ESPN's Mel Kiper ranks Alabama junior DB Minkah Fitzpatrick No. 2 overall on his first 2018 big board.

"There is some projection here because Fitzpatrick (6-1, 195) has played both corner and safety and appears likely to stick at safety in 2017. But the versatility is a plus, and he could be really good at either spot," Kiper wrote. Over the past two seasons, Fitzpatrick has eight interceptions and four pick-sixes. "I also like that Fitzpatrick will get after it on special teams," Kiper wrote of a player who logged 11 special-teams tackles last year. The 6-foot-1, 201-pound Fitzpatrick ran a 4.44-second 40-yard dash this spring. Rotoworld's Thor Nystrom slotted Fitzpatrick No. 5 to the Bears in a recent 2018 mock draft.
Source: ESPN

May 11 - 2:51 PM
NinerSickness
Analyst
And1: 139

Post#82 » by NinerSickness » Fri May 12, 2017 3:46 am

A lot is being made of Jake Browning's noodle arm, but I'm actually higher on him than most prognosticators I don't think his arm is as bad as people say. And arm strength is something that you can actually improve with weight training (although you have to be careful not to over-do it and get injured).
Bingo_AlphaMan
Lead Assistant

Post#83 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat May 13, 2017 2:01 am

Josh Allen - QB - Cowboys

Wyoming redshirt junior QB Josh Allen has thrown the ball 85 yards and run the 40-yard dash in 4.61 seconds.

Allen planned to declare for the NFL Draft after last season before a change of heart. The B/R profile also notes that the 6-foot-5, 235-pound Allen may grow to be 6-foot-6 by the fall. Wyoming's coaching staff molded Carson Wentz at North Dakota State. "You got a dude who’s 6’5", 235 pounds and can also run a 4.6 rolling down on ya? His arm strength is on par with Peyton Manning," said HC Craig Bohl. Allen is working with QB coach George Whitfield. "His talent is mythical," says Whitfield. "He’s Cam’s frame, but he can stop, start and has the antenna of a Manziel. It’s not a referendum on talent. It’s flight hours. He’s a young, talented pilot. He just needs more hours in the plane." About Allen's draft decision, Whitfield added: "Every quarterback in this draft should exhale. I think he would have been the first quarterback taken. ... I don’t think any one of those guys comes in with the skill set or nuclear element that he comes in with."
Source: Bleacher Report

May 12 - 2:03 PM
NinerSickness
Analyst

Post#84 » by NinerSickness » Mon May 15, 2017 4:51 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Josh Allen - QB - Cowboys

Wyoming redshirt junior QB Josh Allen has thrown the ball 85 yards and run the 40-yard dash in 4.61 seconds.

Allen planned to declare for the NFL Draft after last season before a change of heart. The B/R profile also notes that the 6-foot-5, 235-pound Allen may grow to be 6-foot-6 by the fall. Wyoming's coaching staff molded Carson Wentz at North Dakota State. "You got a dude who’s 6’5", 235 pounds and can also run a 4.6 rolling down on ya? His arm strength is on par with Peyton Manning," said HC Craig Bohl. Allen is working with QB coach George Whitfield. "His talent is mythical," says Whitfield. "He’s Cam’s frame, but he can stop, start and has the antenna of a Manziel. It’s not a referendum on talent. It’s flight hours. He’s a young, talented pilot. He just needs more hours in the plane." About Allen's draft decision, Whitfield added: "Every quarterback in this draft should exhale. I think he would have been the first quarterback taken. ... I don’t think any one of those guys comes in with the skill set or nuclear element that he comes in with."

He's an intriguing prospect, but he threw 15 picks in 14 games last year. If that doesn't come WAY down this year, I wouldn't even consider him. More than a pick a game is unacceptable at the college level. Wonder if there's a way to determine how many were his fault...
I_am_1z
Bench Warmer
And1: 34

Post#85 » by I_am_1z » Mon May 15, 2017 3:11 pm

NinerSickness wrote:

He's an intriguing prospect, but he threw 15 picks in 14 games last year. If that doesn't come WAY down this year, I wouldn't even consider him. More than a pick a game is unacceptable at the college level. Wonder if there's a way to determine how many were his fault...

No way he can throw it 85 yards in the air. I don't think we've seen anything like that before
Bingo_AlphaMan
Lead Assistant

Post#86 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed May 17, 2017 6:49 pm

NinerSickness wrote:

His decision making is definitely his biggest issue. He puts a lot of trusts his arm, perhaps a little too much. Part of it is because he feels the need to try to do extra to lift his team to victory. There's not much NFL talent around him at the skills position, maybe his TE?
Bingo_AlphaMan
Lead Assistant

Post#87 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Thu May 18, 2017 2:38 am

Josh Allen - QB - Cowboys

NFL.com analyst and former NFL scout Bucky Brooks writes that Wyoming redshirt junior QB Josh Allen "struggles with his accuracy and ball placement at times" and "isn't the connect-the-dots passer that some teams prefer at the position."

While Brooks lauds Allen's "A-plus arm talent, gunslinger mentality and experience directing a pro-style offense," he says the prospect's 56-percent completion rate must be improved upon and his 15 interceptions must be cut down on. "As a fastball pitcher with unlimited range and outstanding velocity, he can make tight-window throws without flinching," Brooks wrote. "While that is certainly a positive aspect of his game, particularly in dire situations, Allen's tendency to 'throw it up' without regard is also a huge concern." Allen enters the season as a consensus top-10 overall prospect; Rotoworld's Thor Nystrom projected Allen as the No. 6 pick in a 2018 mock draft and wrote that Allen "isn’t quite the gun-slinging risk-taker that Pat Mahomes is, but Allen wouldn’t be out of place playing craps at Mahomes’ table in Las Vegas." Concluded Brooks: "Although he still has time to refine his passing skills and master the management part of the g
Source: NFL.com

May 17 - 5:27 PM
NinerSickness
Analyst

Post#88 » by NinerSickness » Thu May 18, 2017 2:51 am

Read on Twitter
Bingo_AlphaMan
Lead Assistant

Post#90 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Fri May 19, 2017 12:05 pm

Dude's stock will tumble just like we saw with Tim Williams this year. Even as talented as he is I don't see how he'll continue to remain on all of the teams draft boards.

Return to San Francisco 49ers