Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,390

Game 7: 9'ers VS Seahawks 

Post#1 » by Danny Darko » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:23 pm

VS.

Division Supremacy

Injury update:

Seahawks-

Moffit (G) is out with a knee issue. Chancellor has an akle tweak but will play.

Slimers

Staley (LT), and Manningham (WR) are both questionable

Things to Watch:

1. Physicality
This is great... unless Giacomini racks up penalties and/or we lose important personnel to this sure to be brutal matchup.

2. Ruuuuuuusssss!
He'll have to be more like last week and less like the conservative weeks to present a balanced front to battle the quality SF defense. We might be able to bash Marshawn down there throats, but certainly that would be easier with a few explosive pass plays.

3. Shermanator
Talking the talk and it would be nice for another strong week to keep Alex Smith from looking like he belongs in the league.

4. Turbin
IMO he needs a few more snaps and would be a great way of keeping Lynch fresh without relenting on the ground and pound.

5. Harbaugh vs Pete
Pete needs to make sound decisions. He sometimes over reacts in matchups vs Jim his biggest rival in the NFL

6. Leonard Davis vs Bruuuuuuce. Slowest RT in the game vs fasted DE... this could be a very good thing

Predictions-
SF 24 Seattle 21 though I'm hoping SF 3 Seattle 42
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Re: Game 7: 9'ers VS Seahawks 

Post#2 » by Brandon-Clyde » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:43 am

Good early start on offense. Started deep in their own territory and a couple first downs later out near midfield. Hopefully they will score points on the drive
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#3 » by Brandon-Clyde » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:50 am

Drive ended in a fg but I still call it successful as they gained yards and used some clock
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#4 » by Brandon-Clyde » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:10 am

2nd drive going well despite a dropped pass. Wilson looking good
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#5 » by Brandon-Clyde » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:18 am

2nd drive also ended in a fg. The long drives are nice but would be much better to score a td
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#6 » by Brandon-Clyde » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:35 am

For some better luck on offense a good luck babe
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#7 » by Brandon-Clyde » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:40 am

Turbin and Lynch are proving to be a very good 1-2 punch at rb
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#8 » by Brandon-Clyde » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:53 am

Solid first half but not great. Acouple blown opportunities that could hurt if SF can score
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#9 » by Sweezo » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:01 am

Brandon-Clyde wrote:Solid first half but not great. Acouple blown opportunities that could hurt if SF can score

I can't complain too much. On the road against a top team and we go into the half with the lead [and I think we get the ball first coming out of the tunnel]. I hope we aren't doomed by missed opportunities. Both Turbin and Moore dropped TD passes.

Wilson has not looked a rookie QB. He's been on target and completely calm. Meanwhile Smith looks to be getting more and more rattled as the game goes along.
Yunsen
Senior
And1: 263

Post#10 » by Yunsen » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:02 am

Solid first half. A couple drops away from us having a bigger lead. Our defense has been lucky with getting away with a few penalties (especially that facemask late), but is still playing great.
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#11 » by Brandon-Clyde » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:04 am

Sweezo wrote:
Brandon-Clyde wrote:Solid first half but not great. Acouple blown opportunities that could hurt if SF can score

I can't complain too much. On the road against a top team and we go into the half with the lead [and I think we get the ball first coming out of the tunnel]. I hope we aren't doomed by missed opportunities. Both Turbin and Moore dropped TD passes.

Wilson has not looked a rookie QB. He's been on target and completely calm. Meanwhile Smith looks to be getting more and more rattled as the game goes along.

Wilson has looked quite good except for one slightly wobbly pass(which went for 27 yards anyways)
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#12 » by Brandon-Clyde » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:13 am

And a good luck babe for the 2nd half
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#13 » by Brandon-Clyde » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:14 am

The dropped passes really need to stop
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by Sweezo » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:21 am

Brandon-Clyde wrote:The dropped passes really need to stop

To add to the misery, Doug Baldwin's also out for the rest of the game. Losing one of our more sure-handed WR certainly isn't going to help the situation.

So who wants to trade for Dwayne Bowe?
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by Sweezo » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:24 am

And there's a TD. Sure the defense gave up a TD on a long drive, but they locked SF down in the first half. Hopefully we can respond with a long drive of our own where our WR/TE feel like contributing.
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#16 » by Brandon-Clyde » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:25 am

Sweezo wrote:
Brandon-Clyde wrote:The dropped passes really need to stop

To add to the misery, Doug Baldwin's also out for the rest of the game. Losing one of our more sure-handed WR certainly isn't going to help the situation.

Depends on the price. No more than a 3rd rd pick
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by Sweezo » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:39 am

We can't quite get to Alex Smith and he's making us pay for it. Disappointing...the 3rd quarter's over and the Niners are running the clock down. A TD drive here and I think the game's out of reach. Coming back against an iffy Patriots pass defense is one thing, but the Niners are able to cover guys downfield. We had our chance to put this away early and we didn't take advantage.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by Sweezo » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:50 am

Another drop on 3rd and short. Neat. People looking at the box score will probably be screaming for Flynn to take over in the next game, but this performance isn't on Wilson at all.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by Sweezo » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:29 am

That was a disappointing effort. The defense was on the field too long, then SF just ran the same trap play up the middle and Gore gashed us. The Niners offensive line is extremely solid, and I give them credit for winning the battle at the line of scrimmage late.

Now we're 0-3 in a very competitive division. On the bright side, we're down with in conference road games, I guess.

This game, once again, illustrated the need for a true #1 WR. I do like Sidney Rice alot, but he can't do it on his own out there. Golden Tate had a comically bad game. He couldn't catch a pass, and he made a pitiful effort on a block on a WR screen play to Obomanu. Not to belabor a point but the team should've gone into the locker room at halftime with two TDs under their belt. Do that, and the Niners may not have the luxury to run the ball so much in the second half.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by Sweezo » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:21 am

Brandon-Clyde wrote:
Sweezo wrote:[

Depends on the price. No more than a 3rd rd pick

That's probably my ceiling as well. A 2nd round pick for a guy who averages around 70 yards per game doesn't seem unreasonable, but when you factor in the contract Bowe wants and his own drop rate, I think it's too pricey.

Return to Seattle Seahawks