What is Jesse Williams ceiling? 

Post#1 » by nurseryc » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:13 pm

How good can Jesse be? Discuss
RainCity
Ballboy
And1: 5

Re: What is Jesse Williams ceiling? 

Post#2 » by RainCity » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:39 pm

I see Jesse Williams becoming a good DT for the Hawks but I don't see him becoming anything more than just a "good", 1st and 2nd down DT.

He's got thinner legs than the prototypical DT, but carries most of his weight in his upper body. His lack of lower body strength prevents him from driving opposing linemen deep into the backfield, and his limited initial burst prevents him from getting to the quarterback on a consistent basis during passing downs.

Although weak on passing downs, his upper body size, strength and leverage allows him to be an above average run stopper. He carries a lower center of gravity off the ball which prevents offensive linemen from controlling him at the line of scrimmage and opening running lanes.

Overall Grade: C+
Pass Defense: C-
Run Defense: B+

I'd expect to see Jesse Williams on the field during obvious running downs but will most likely not be part of the Hawks 3rd down defensive package. ,
RainCity
Ballboy
And1: 5

Re: What is Jesse Williams ceiling? 

Post#3 » by RainCity » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:32 pm

Actually, I'd grade his overall game a B. If he can improve his lower body strength and quickness and get to the QB Id grade him higher, but as of now he's primarily a run stopper.

Return to Seattle Seahawks