Offseason Thread

Moderator: Cactus Jack

nuke the whales
Junior
And1: 6

Re: Offseason Thread 

Post#21 » by nuke the whales » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:50 pm

Apparently Thurmond went to NYG instead of Jacksonville for 1 year/$3.5 mil. That's a bit of a head scratcher to me that either he didn't want to come back or we didn't want to beat that deal.
http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ ... cromartie/
Royal Ben
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#22 » by Royal Ben » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:07 pm

I am excited for this draft ... since it is loaded with Offensive linemen and wide receiver's ...

WR with size and speed is everyone dream
Donte Moncrief, WR 6-2 220 4.4 Moncrief tracks the ball well and generally shows excellent hands (one drop vs. Texas), as well as the body control to make the dazzling grab. Moncrief is also cognizant in the running game, showing awareness and toughness as a downfield blocker #1 wow

Kelvin Benjamin, WR 6-5 240lbs 4.6 Shows the gliding speed and short-area quickness to create some separation and be a terror in jump-ball situations, especially in the red zone. Big hands, good hand-eye coordination and impressive body control to snatch passes outside of his frame. Tracks the ball well over his shoulder.

Experienced playing outside and in the slot and shows courage in crossing the middle. Tough to bring down in the open field, using his long arms to effectively stiff-arm defenders and showing suddenness to accelerate once the ball is in his hands. Attentive downfield blocker who works to seal off defenders as well as peel back to take out opponents in pursuit. #1 wow

OT to add depth ...
David Yankey, OG 6-6 315 Natural athlete on the move with very good body control and lower body explosion. Outstanding shuffle footwork and lateral movement skills. Active puller with good coordination to square up his target in motion 1st or 2nd rounder

Seantrel Henderson, OT 6-7 331 lbs Henderson chose to play at Southern Cal, but changed his mind once the Trojans were slapped with a two-year postseason ban, deciding instead to enroll at Miami. Carroll recruited him to USC ! 2nd or 4th rounder?

DT since we lost BIG RED BYRANT

Daniel McCullers, DT 6-7 352 Despite his inexperience, McCullers' size and ability to disrupt things from the middle often made him the focus of an opponent's blocking scheme. Has been double-teamed on most snaps and has even seen triple-team blocks often. Despite the attention, McCullers' size and strength make him tough to move in the running game .. 3rd to 5th rounder

Ryan Carrethers, DT 6-1 337lbs run stuffer 5th to 7th rounder

Need to replace physicality since losing Big Red bryrant
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,277

Post#23 » by Bulltalk » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:16 am

Okay. I'm into it. If we could get Desean Jackson on a short term deal (basically give him the money + possibly a tad more) that we would have given to Jarred Allen...why not? Can you imagine how explosive our receiving corp would suddenly become? DO IT! Then we wouldn't have to prioritize WR in the draft, and we could focus upon the OL and DL with our 1st, 2nd and 4th round picks.

Can you imagine Harvin on kickoff returns and Jackson on punt returns? My head is spinning.
"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth."

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Royal Ben
Ballboy

Post#24 » by Royal Ben » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:01 am

How good of a run blocker is Jackson? .... part of the reason for such a good run game is everyone blocks
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#25 » by Bulltalk » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:35 pm

^^^I don't know. It seems apparent that the Jackson idea is out now, as it seems too many teams are willing to pony-up bigger bucks for more years, and I was viewing such a thing more as a one year type thing.

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#26 » by Sweezo » Tue Apr 1, 2014 6:03 am

Bulltalk wrote:Okay. I'm into it. If we could get Desean Jackson on a short term deal (basically give him the money + possibly a tad more) that we would have given to Jarred Allen...why not? Can you imagine how explosive our receiving corp would suddenly become? DO IT! Then we wouldn't have to prioritize WR in the draft, and we could focus upon the OL and DL with our 1st, 2nd and 4th round picks.

Can you imagine Harvin on kickoff returns and Jackson on punt returns? My head is spinning.

Sports radio has taken this idea and run with it, and I think it's crazy. Even with the Raiders/Bills market developing, the idea of Jackson-to-Seattle dominates the airwaves. I don't think there's a chance of it happening. Jared Allen was the type of guy I could see making a push for as the defensive line matters above all else. But a WR? I'd rather just re-up Earl and Sherm.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by Sweezo » Tue Apr 1, 2014 6:09 am

Royal Ben wrote:Donte Moncrief, WR 6-2 220 4.4 Moncrief tracks the ball well and generally shows excellent hands (one drop vs. Texas), as well as the body control to make the dazzling grab. Moncrief is also cognizant in the running game, showing awareness and toughness as a downfield blocker #1 wow

Kelvin Benjamin, WR 6-5 240lbs 4.6 Shows the gliding speed and short-area quickness to create some separation and be a terror in jump-ball situations, especially in the red zone. Big hands, good hand-eye coordination and impressive body control to snatch passes outside of his frame. Tracks the ball well over his shoulder.

Along with those two, I think Landry and Latimer are pretty damn impressive. There's about 7-9 WR that seem like legit first round talents somehow, and fit in with the type of WR Pete seems to crave. Some year's picking late in the 1st round is a burden, but this year I think it's a blessing. Let everyone else fight over a bunch of QBs I don't want and let some WR fall.
nuke the whales
Junior

Post#28 » by nuke the whales » Tue Apr 1, 2014 5:55 pm

Somehow I don't think DeSean Jackson would be a happy camper in a run first offense.
Royal Ben
Ballboy

Post#29 » by Royal Ben » Thu Apr 3, 2014 12:35 am

would not be surprised if 8 WR go in the 1st round with 5 to 8 OL also
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by Bulltalk » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:01 pm

Nice cheap re-signing of Sidney Rice. I mean, how can they really go wrong at such a price?

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by Sweezo » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:00 am

Bulltalk wrote:Nice cheap re-signing of Sidney Rice. I mean, how can they really go wrong at such a price?

And another year of jersey wear-ability for me! I like Sidney. I realize his limitations but he's got size, good hands, and seems like a good guy.
nuke the whales
Junior

Post#32 » by nuke the whales » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:37 am

Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by Sweezo » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:27 am

nuke the whales wrote:Any explanations for this one?
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10819 ... e-seahawks

Well, why not, I guess? We gave up virtually nothing to get him, and for his faults Pryor is a superior athlete. I wonder if they look at him as strictly a QB? They moved BJ Daniels around the field last year to see if he might stick at different positions. Pryor's 6'5 and ran under a 4.4 at his pro day...
Royal Ben
Ballboy

Post#34 » by Royal Ben » Sun May 4, 2014 3:50 pm

Pryor maybe the next Steve Young?
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,377

Post#35 » by Danny Darko » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm