Game 1: Seattle vs Green Bay in Defense of the Title!

Moderator: Cactus Jack

Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,390

Game 1: Seattle vs Green Bay in Defense of the Title! 

Post#1 » by Danny Darko » Mon Sep 1, 2014 9:41 pm

VS.

The Road to Repeat begins...

Injury update:

Seahawks-

Did not practice
TE Cooper Helfet (knee)
OL Lemuel Jeanpierre (neck)
RB Christine Michael (hamstring)
LB Kevin Pierre-Louis (hamstring)
CB Tharold Simon (knee)

Limited in practice
LB Bruce Irvin (hip)
CB Jeremy Lane (groin)
WR Kevin Norwood (ankle)

Pack

Out
C/OG J.C. Tretter (knee)

Did not practice
TE Brandon Bostick (fibula)
CB Demetri Goodson (concussion)

Limited in practice
LB Brad Jones (quadriceps)

Danny's .02:

1. Britt & Okung vs the edge rush
Okung was not amazing in the preseason and Britt, which overachieving, has not faced 4 quarters of serious pass rush like he will Thrs. That being said, the Pack had a lot of issues with mobile QBs last year and if they collapse we could see more of the kind of running RW showed in the preseason bum rush. I just don't like that injury risk, so I'm hoping to see some pocket passes and attacking run dominance instead of Russ on the run.

2. 12th Man vs rookie not really a center- center.
Bruce Irvin says he's praying for the Pack's new center who is forced into this possession having never exchanged an in game snap to Aaron Rodgers after an injury to their starting center. A tough spot for anyone at home, let alone at C-Link with the noise. I'm hoping we don't over commit to the middle and open the edge for Lacey as Mebane and Wagner should have plenty to offer a seemingly overmatched rookie.

3. Punt returns
I still fundamentally don't like risking Earl Thomas in the return game, but... he does have some Neon Deon in him. I just think if you have a burner like Richards, why not let the rook take the glory and the lumps and keep your key defensive component safer.

Predictions-
Seattle 27 Packers 17
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Re: Game 1: Seattle vs Green Bay in Defense of the Title! 

Post#2 » by Brandon-Clyde » Tue Sep 2, 2014 1:13 am

Time to prove last season was no fluke
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Yunsen
Senior
And1: 263

Post#3 » by Yunsen » Wed Sep 3, 2014 3:52 am

Not feeling good about our defense going against Green Bay in the first game. Think it might take a few games for our DLine to click. Expecting a high scoring game. Seahawks 34, Green Bay 28
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#4 » by Sweezo » Thu Sep 4, 2014 5:42 am

I'm perfectly confident in our defense. The one area of concern I might have is with our DL against the run, but if we can keep Lacy in check I think we're in great shape. We'll win and the title defense begins in earnest.
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#5 » by Brandon-Clyde » Fri Sep 5, 2014 1:57 am

Seeing Icky Woods in that commercial :o
Damn he got fat. I mean I'm packing on the pounds but damn he is fat
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Sweezo » Fri Sep 5, 2014 2:07 am

All I can think of so far is how good this team would've been with a healthy Percy Harvin last season. Not that we needed him, but the skills he has are so dynamic...there's nothing Green Bay can do to stop him.
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#7 » by Brandon-Clyde » Fri Sep 5, 2014 2:23 am

Sweezo wrote:All I can think of so far is how good this team would've been with a healthy Percy Harvin last season. Not that we needed him, but the skills he has are so dynamic...there's nothing Green Bay can do to stop him.

His durability still worries me. A catch-22 use him while healthy or try and protect him some to make sure he makes it through the season
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Sweezo » Fri Sep 5, 2014 3:47 am

Brandon-Clyde wrote:His durability still worries me. A catch-22 use him while healthy or try and protect him some to make sure he makes it through the season

If you use him on those sweeps and slants, he might be able to avoid getting squared up a little more. He's just so damn elusive. The deep throws where he can get laid out are the ones that worry me.

What an absolutely boring game. Such is Seahawk football. :D

Return to Seattle Seahawks