Grant Hill smiled as soon as he was asked if he has a target date to play in his first game of the regular season for the Clippers.
"Yeah," Hill said, smiling. "In my mind."So Hill was asked what date he has in mind to play.
"Sometime in January," is all Hill would say.
"Hopefully soon I'll get to start practicing a little bit," he said. "They are stressing that a lot of it is how you respond. So a target date could be sooner, it could be later. You want to let your body dictate that.""It's responding well," Hill said. "It's coming. I'm getting close, feeling good."
The Clippers play only two games next week, giving them five days off and time for the team to have some practices.
That could give Hill some time to practice with his teammates.
Brad Turner, LA Times
- Hill is closer to returning than Billups is.
- Bledsoe's hip is feeling better, but it had stolen some of his explosion.
- Odom is playing through some pain in both feet (left-ankle, right-strained tendon).
- Turiaf's elbow on his shooting arm has been bothering him and is a possible explanation to his free-throw shooting woes.
- DJ's ribs have been bothering him ever since getting slugged a few games ago.