ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Idea Thread II

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

mattd13
Senior
And1: 119

Re: Trade Idea Thread II 

Post#1481 » by mattd13 » Mon Jul 6, 2015 12:33 pm

sad to say but you are right. jamal shot himself out of the trade market. I do not mind keeping him but with dj gone we have to have a defensive center to contend and I do not see that guy out there. blake is a poor defender and pp is marginal. they can play small ball with lance but big teams will kill us. plus our bench is still very weak. they will have to be great on offense to even have a chance. jj and cp3 will have to average 20 plus and blake 25 plus for us to be average unless a miracle happens.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,171

Re: Re: Trade Idea Thread II 

Post#1482 » by og15 » Mon Jul 6, 2015 2:34 pm

Method28 wrote:
Lindecision wrote:
og15 wrote:If a Pierce sign and trade was possible, would have been done by now so that the Clippers would have the full MLE. Doesn't seem like Washington is interested in Jamal

That's true. Jamal will be wanted by someone, just not DC. Depending on what's out there it might even be better to just keep him.

If we get that $19M TPE from DJ/Dallas then it could be done that way I guess, as Jamal wouldn't have to be involved. But all the better FAs will be gone by that point and the best avenue to improve will be to trade guys into the TPE. Then split the MLE between 2 rotation guys. That's IF we get the TPE.

Why would we be receiving a TPE?

We won't, Dallas isn't interested
Lindecision
Banned User
And1: 151

Post#1483 » by Lindecision » Mon Jul 6, 2015 2:42 pm

og15 wrote:
Method28 wrote:
Lindecision wrote:
That's true. Jamal will be wanted by someone, just not DC. Depending on what's out there it might even be better to just keep him.

If we get that $19M TPE from DJ/Dallas then it could be done that way I guess, as Jamal wouldn't have to be involved. But all the better FAs will be gone by that point and the best avenue to improve will be to trade guys into the TPE. Then split the MLE between 2 rotation guys. That's IF we get the TPE.

Why would we be receiving a TPE?

Well the Cavs got a TPE when Lebron went to Miami when they didn't have to, so I'm hoping DJ at least had the coutesy of telling Dallas to give that to us. He is one ungrateful SOB if he didn't cause it really really f***s us up.

Anyway, that's interesting about the TPE figues. I didn't know it would be an $11M TPE instead of $19M.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,295

Post#1484 » by nickhx2 » Mon Jul 6, 2015 4:12 pm

only an idiot would want crawford on their team.

as such, i fully expect to see crawford on the opening night roster. go clippers!
Forte IV
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,497

Post#1485 » by Forte IV » Mon Jul 6, 2015 4:15 pm

If DJ cared at all he'd demand a s&t be done
If the Clippers win the championship next year I'm getting banned from RealGM
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#1486 » by nickhx2 » Mon Jul 6, 2015 4:20 pm

well i think that is the point, isn't it? if he cared he would have resigned with the team. he doesn't care, ergo he signed with dallas.
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#1487 » by QRich3 » Mon Jul 6, 2015 5:48 pm

Lindecision wrote:
og15 wrote:
Method28 wrote:Why would we be receiving a TPE?

Well the Cavs got a TPE when Lebron went to Miami when they didn't have to, so I'm hoping DJ at least had the coutesy of telling Dallas to give that to us. He is one ungrateful SOB if he didn't cause it really really f***s us up.

Anyway, that's interesting about the TPE figues. I didn't know it would be an $11M TPE instead of $19M.

That was with the previous CBA, when you could sign players for more years if you S&T for them. It also was the most blatant case of collusion in the history of the league, and I've always believed the league "advised" the Heat to give some picks to the Cavs and Raps in exchange for not opening an investigation that'd be bad press for everyone.

Dallas has literally no incentive to give us a TPE, we are down and everyone is lovin kickin us.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,171

Post#1488 » by og15 » Mon Jul 6, 2015 6:30 pm

Lindecision wrote:
og15 wrote:
Method28 wrote:Why would we be receiving a TPE?

While DJ could say that, it isn't up to him, Dallas already said they didn't want to, that's the problem
Forte IV
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,497

Post#1489 » by Forte IV » Mon Jul 6, 2015 7:45 pm

og15 wrote:
Lindecision wrote:
og15 wrote:We won't, Dallas isn't interested

While DJ could say that, it isn't up to him, Dallas already said they didn't want to, that's the problem

Couldn't he technically say I won't sign this piece of paper unless I'm signed and traded here
If the Clippers win the championship next year I'm getting banned from RealGM
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Let It Go 

Post#1490 » by Ranma » Mon Jul 6, 2015 9:15 pm

Forte IV wrote:Couldn't he technically say I won't sign this piece of paper unless I'm signed and traded here

Of course, but why would he force the hand of his new BFF's in Dallas, especially to help the team he left supposedly due to acrimony with one of its leaders? DAJ's personality doesn't exactly profile as someone who will force his will upon someone, much less an organization. The Mavericks will make a sign-and-trade deal only if it benefits them and it doesn't help them to help us.
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#1491 » by nickhx2 » Mon Jul 6, 2015 9:41 pm

jordan could theoretically do lots of things. but he doesn't give a crap about the team or anyone on it. he is not going to sabotage his future chances at winning especially when dallas is still a couple notches below his own former team.
Dynamix
Starter
And1: 2,302

Post#1492 » by Dynamix » Tue Jul 7, 2015 5:03 am

Jamal for LeBron. Make it happen, Doc!
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#1493 » by mttwlsn16 » Tue Jul 7, 2015 5:40 am

Dynamix wrote:Jamal for LeBron. Make it happen, Doc!

Only if they throw in TT as well and we can start him at C. Seems fair.
WICKED17
Pro Prospect
And1: 152

Post#1494 » by WICKED17 » Wed Jul 8, 2015 2:09 am

Bull`s fan here. Tough blow losing DJ. Since i`m here,the answer to the TPE question on this page would be the 19M figure.

Anyway, would you guys do this trade, and let`s put aside the salary matching #`s for a now.
Noah for our choice of either Redick or Stephenson. With the `16 Nets 2nd attached
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#1495 » by mttwlsn16 » Wed Jul 8, 2015 2:18 am

WICKED17 wrote:Bull`s fan here. Tough blow losing DJ. Since i`m here,the answer to the TPE question on this page would be the 19M figure.

Anyway, would you guys do this trade, and let`s put aside the salary matching #`s for a now.
Noah for our choice of either Redick or Stephenson. With the `16 Nets 2nd attached

Absolutely not for JJ.
No for Lance as well, but that one's at least not as bad.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#1496 » by Neddy » Wed Jul 8, 2015 2:40 am

WICKED17 wrote:Bull`s fan here. Tough blow losing DJ. Since i`m here,the answer to the TPE question on this page would be the 19M figure.

if you are referring to DJ's TPE, you are wrong.

and No to JJ. but I would counter with Jamal + CJ for Noah or Taj.
ehhhhh f it.
Lindecision
Banned User

Post#1497 » by Lindecision » Wed Jul 8, 2015 3:08 am

Absoluely not. In any deal.

Your bigs are broken and you know it.
Method28
Junior
And1: 356

Post#1498 » by Method28 » Wed Jul 8, 2015 3:30 am

Hello! Welcome!

I wouldn't trade JJ in most deals. He's so integral to our offense that I'd hesitate to pull the trigger even if we were getting the slightly better player.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#1499 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Jul 8, 2015 3:48 am

I'd trade the last 2 years of JJ for a year of Noah.

and I'd re-sign Noah at the end of the season too and stop worrying about my Center position.
dead srs.

Clipper fan been overratin JJ lately.
get over that dude. ran great offense without him. he doesnt make or break this team.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Lindecision
Banned User

Post#1500 » by Lindecision » Wed Jul 8, 2015 4:18 am

Quake Griffin wrote:I'd trade the last 2 years of JJ for a year of Noah.

and I'd re-sign Noah at the end of the season too and stop worrying about my Center position.
dead srs.

Clipper fan been overratin JJ lately.
get over that dude. ran great offense without him. he doesnt make or break this team.

You think so huh? I love Noah as a passer and defender, he's really intelligent too, but his offense fell off a cliff. Did you see him in the playoffs? Like, DJ level free throws. Couldn't make layups or dunk. He might not even pass a physical at this point. Is that worth the risk? If we could flip Haywood's contract for Noah in a 3 team trade then by all means.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers