ImageImageImageImageImage

Stein: Kaman Available for the "Right" SF

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,844

Re: Stein: Kaman Available for the "Right" SF 

Post#41 » by inquisitive » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:33 am

Battier is not gonna sign with the Clippers when he becomes a free agent. He is at a point in his career where he will only sign with a championship contender.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
DunknDave
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#42 » by DunknDave » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:37 am

I like Gallianari, I also like Austin Daye from Detroit. Both young guys who can handle the ball, shoot the three, and provide some versatility. With Blake on the block, we need shooters, a la Howard in Orlando. Don't care too much for Iggy or Wallace-----not good shooters. We definitely need a 3rd scorer, and I want a guy long term-----we need to start putting pieces around Blake to compete for a championship. Eric and Blake are a great one-two punch, we need a third bigtime guy who can shoot the lights out, defend, be a good ballhandler (which is important with Eric), and give us something a little different than Aminu, who would be a great 6th man.
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 774

Post#43 » by donemilio21 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:55 am

Wallace, Granger or Iggy would be great. I wouldn't want Green, Prince or Deng. I dont think Gallinari is available. Carmelo would have been great, but I'm sure he'll be heading to big apple.
CKRT
Analyst
And1: 406

Post#44 » by CKRT » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:40 am

Green likely won't leave, Brooks likes him a lot.

That being said, there's still a chance he will want too much and Brooks will let him walk. Don't judge Green's performance on the Thunder either, Brooks forces him to play PF and he is not good there.
lilojmayo wrote:Juice is not a chucker, like say James Harden
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#45 » by Cassius » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:41 am

Funny that you've mentioned Austin Daye, but Jonas Jerebko is the real player the Clips should target. It would take some balls to offer him a deal the Pistons wouldn't match, as he tore his achilles tendon, but the guy is tough, can shoot (took a while for his 3pt shot to come around) and will hit the glass with Blake and DJ. He kind of reminds me of what Matt Barnes should have been had he developed a jumper.

In terms of Granger, I don't think two #1 picks is reasonable, especially with Kaman included... for a team with a comparable talent in Hibbert. That said, Granger is more like Scottie Pippen in that he can score, but he's better as a point-forward, do-it-all SF... he's the cadillac version of whatever you want from your SF, he can lick 3's all day and is even an end-of-game option on the wing... something that I wouldn't want to trust Iggy, Gallo, G Wallace or any of the others with. I was thinking that a three-way with the Knicks gets it done, but they'd be more likely to just LAC out of the equation, take Granger and run if they could... plus I think a Kaman deal takes them out of the Melo sweepstakes.

My Knicks deal:
Knicks get: Kaman, Gomes
Pacers get: Gallo, Clips 2011 1st, Ant Randolph, Curry (expiring)
Clips get: Granger

OKC would probably absorb Kaman's deal if you paid them off with a 2nd and cash. If the Pacers knew they could sign Green this summer for 8M, I think they'd do it. I know this basically selling all 2011 flexibility, but Granger is the real deal IMO and would fit perfectly with a team that wants to share the ball and run. He'd also help bridge the gap at the point when Baron starts to suck and the 2012 point guard selected is taking his time getting up to speed.

OKC gets Kaman, Clips 2nd rounder, cash
Indy gets Green, 2011 Clips 1st, salary filler, Bledsoe
LAC gets Granger

Thoughts?
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers