ImageImageImageImageImage

Stein: Kaman Available for the "Right" SF

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Real GM Fiend
Ballboy
And1: 0

Clips want small forwards for Kaman/Suns 

Post#21 » by Real GM Fiend » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:10 am

I present to you none other than the Phoenix Suns. If the Clips really want to get rid of Kaman looks like something could be worked out. What do think would be a fair trade?
Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 354

Re: Stein: Kaman Available for the "Right" SF 

Post#22 » by Det the Threat » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:30 pm

We don't want to get rid of Kaman.

Please read the first page of this thread where Marc Stein twitters that we might be open to dealing Kaman.
But only if we can get an upgrade at small forward, which is something I don't see possible with the Suns roster, as they're either too old(Hill), not really worth burrying Aminu on the bench(Childress and Dudley) or giving away Kaman.
nets4nets
Sophomore

Post#23 » by nets4nets » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:22 pm

jgustav1 wrote:LAC won't include the Minny pick in a package for Granger.

Dude u guys with Granger would be a legit contender. I have watch the clippers for years and right now u guys badly need a 3rd scorer next to EJ and Blake. How do u guys expected to get an all-star level talent like Danny??
connseanery
Sophomore
And1: 81

Post#24 » by connseanery » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:19 pm

I'm not sure the Clippers need a high volume scorer. They just need a SF that can pass, play defense and hit open 3pt shots to make teams pay for doubling down on Griffin. A Tayshaun Prince type would be nice.

LAC already has a #1 and #2 scorer with Gordon and Griffin. Also as Griffin develops his offense, he's going to take more shots too. You don't necessarily want a low percentage field goal shooter taking shots away from him.
scoobs07
Starter
And1: 82

Post#25 » by scoobs07 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:29 pm

I would take either Prince or Granger. I think all we need is a "Glen Rice" type third option that could get you 15-17 ppg. We already have our poor mans Shaq and Kobe. Granger would fill that role pretty good I think and Prince is close to that, being a career 13-14 ppg guy.
jgustav1
Analyst
And1: 21

Post#26 » by jgustav1 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:01 pm

nets4nets wrote:

Dude u guys with Granger would be a legit contender. I have watch the clippers for years and right now u guys badly need a 3rd scorer next to EJ and Blake. How do u guys expected to get an all-star level talent like Danny??

Kaman and the Clippers 2011 lottery pick is all I would trade straight up for Granger. Kaman is an 18/9 center, the Clippers aren't going to throw in a likely top 5 pick in a loaded 2012 draft due to the pending lockout. If you don't think this is enough, fine.
mike3
Sixth Man
And1: 120

Post#27 » by mike3 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:53 am

I like Green for us, he seems solid in all areas.. seems to struggle a bit in games but a change in teams might help him but still.. generally good all round, i like that fit.
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,843

Post#28 » by inquisitive » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:42 am

Kaman would be a great tutor for Jordan. Jordan is starting to play well and his D is good. They should keep Kaman instead of trading him.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
bryanoid
Pro Prospect
And1: 226

Post#29 » by bryanoid » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:15 am

I'm surprised not many people have mentioned Gallinari. He seems like he would be the perfect fit next to Gordon and Griffin especially because he's around the same age. I don't know if he's available, but it could be something like Kaman for Curry/Gallinari if they can get Melo. Maybe even include the Clips in a three-team trade sending Melo to NY. Any way NY would consider either?

Imagine a Nellieball lineup of
Griffin/Gallinari/Aminu/Gordon/Davis or Bledsoe
(lol)
HERSH
Junior

Post#30 » by HERSH » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:07 am

granger is my fave out of all mentined.. Had not thought bout gallo who i also like. What about shane b? Somethin like kaman and gomes for shane b and brad miller?
Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 354

Post#31 » by Det the Threat » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:42 pm

bryanoid wrote:I'm surprised not many people have mentioned Gallinari. He seems like he would be the perfect fit next to Gordon and Griffin especially because he's around the same age. I don't know if he's available, but it could be something like Kaman for Curry/Gallinari if they can get Melo. Maybe even include the Clips in a three-team trade sending Melo to NY. Any way NY would consider either?

Imagine a Nellieball lineup of
Griffin/Gallinari/Aminu/Gordon/Davis or Bledsoe
(lol)

Gallinari isn't someone I'd trade Kaman for.
And I don't think we're a team that wants to play "Neille Ball", cause we've got Griffin and Jordan working real well and are interested in playing defense(2nd Best FG% defense in the league, in games played since December 1st), which happens with those two guys together down in the paint.

HERSH wrote:granger is my fave out of all mentined.. Had not thought bout gallo who i also like. What about shane b? Somethin like kaman and gomes for shane b and brad miller?

Granger would require a package that would probably feature that Minny pick and some more, which I'm not really interested in dealing.
I also doubt that we need a volume scorer at the sf spot with Griffin and Gordon around and they also have hardly any need for Kaman, with Hibbert on that team.

Like mentioned above, I'm not that big of a fan of Gallinari.

And I wouldn't trade Kaman for Battier, who we could sign this summer anyways.

That leaves us with guys like Jeff Green, Andre Igoudala and Gerald Wallace as possible targets, IMO, cause Tayshaun Prince will be an UFA this summer and could walk(or be just signed by us) away, meaning us trading Kaman for next to nothing.
SportsFan215
Assistant Coach
And1: 60

Post#32 » by SportsFan215 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:03 pm

I honestly think Iggy is our best option. He is the ideal 3rd option on a championship contender. He played very good defense, and does just about everything. Yes, his contract is large, but there are many other players in the league that are much more overpaid and much less productive. He is an ironman aside from his injury that occurred recently. I think he would make us a playoff team next year, if not this year.
HERSH
Junior

Post#33 » by HERSH » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:05 pm

jeff green is a skinny version of blake-- i dont think his game would help the clips.. i think it would jus congest the inside--
----------

out of gerald and iggy-- i would prob take iggy.. based on the previous post and i think he shoots a bit better than gerald which is what we need...
-----------

seems a lot of free sf r comin next year-- maybe the clips should wait and attempt to sign one and keep kaman?
Imadogg
Banned User
And1: 250

Post#34 » by Imadogg » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:25 pm

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachi ... eId=dy6cvs

This deal needs to be done. Detroit would do it to free up the spot on the wing where they're stuffed, and add a center that they need. Kaman goes home to Michigan. Clips get rid of Kaman, get Tayshaun (who is also an expiring) along with his defense, experience, 3 shooting etc. Tayshaun is also back home in LA.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#35 » by TheNewEra » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:27 pm

Going to need some sample games with Kaman before we do a trade
SportsFan215
Assistant Coach
And1: 60

Post#36 » by SportsFan215 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:19 am

connseanery wrote:They need to trade Kaman and some scrub like Butler to the Knicks for Gallinari, Mozgov, and the expiring Curry contract.

Gallinari can start at SF and help keep the double and triple teams off blake with his 3pt shooting.

Mozgov can be used as a prop for Griffin to practice his all-star game dunks.

I just came across this post for the first time and have been laughing ever since!
nets4nets
Sophomore

Post#37 » by nets4nets » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:21 am

jgustav1 wrote:
nets4nets wrote:

Kaman and the Clippers 2011 lottery pick is all I would trade straight up for Granger. Kaman is an 18/9 center, the Clippers aren't going to throw in a likely top 5 pick in a loaded 2012 draft due to the pending lockout. If you don't think this is enough, fine.

I would want the Twolves pick because of why u said. I just hope the Pacers trade him they are wasteing his career it is a sad sight to see. Maybe on draft day for a top 5 draft pick.
guille_4
Sixth Man
And1: 845

Post#38 » by guille_4 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:01 pm

Danilo Gallinari es "the man". I´d trade Chris Kaman for Gallinari and a pick easily. He is perfect fit; good size, good defender, good basketball IQ, pretty efficient....Also, we would safe 7M per year that we could use to sign resign Deandre and Gordon. Kaman is getting old and he has injury problems....
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,692

Post#39 » by madmaxmedia » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:47 pm

'Need' here is relative to what the goal/expectations are for any given trade.

If we find a SF like you describe, our team would definitely be improved. If we could find an efficient 20 PPG scorer at SF, we would be even better IMO. But yeah, the most important thing is a good outside shooter.

It mainly depends on what we would have to give up in a trade. A Kaman-based package for Melo could be amazing, but the risk is that if that doesn't turn us into a true championship contender, Sterling will balk at re-signing EJ when his contract comes up.

Since we have Kaman as a pretty good trade asset, I would like to aim higher (if not necessarily as high as Melo.) This is based on my opinion that the Clippers are better off without Kaman, if we can get decent return in a trade.

connseanery wrote:I'm not sure the Clippers need a high volume scorer. They just need a SF that can pass, play defense and hit open 3pt shots to make teams pay for doubling down on Griffin. A Tayshaun Prince type would be nice.

LAC already has a #1 and #2 scorer with Gordon and Griffin. Also as Griffin develops his offense, he's going to take more shots too. You don't necessarily want a low percentage field goal shooter taking shots away from him.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,692

Post#40 » by madmaxmedia » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:49 pm

jgustav1 wrote:Kaman and the Clippers 2011 lottery pick is all I would trade straight up for Granger. Kaman is an 18/9 center, the Clippers aren't going to throw in a likely top 5 pick in a loaded 2012 draft due to the pending lockout. If you don't think this is enough, fine.

+10. I think this is the basic package the Clips would do, maybe some more filler but not any more. Granger is a good but not great player. I do think he would be a great fit for us.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers