Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

illastrate
Starter
And1: 629

Re: Clippers (16-25) @ Blazers (23-20) 

Post#261 » by illastrate » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:39 pm

Oden2 wrote:
farzi wrote:
loflin3hree5ive wrote:I want Nate MacMillan this summer.

Please take him :pray:

Completely agreed. If you want him you got him.

VDN for him? We'll throw in a future 2nd rounder
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#262 » by PDXKnight » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:08 pm

illastrate wrote:
Oden2 wrote:
farzi wrote:Please take him :pray:

Completely agreed. If you want him you got him.

VDN for him? We'll throw in a future 2nd rounder

I must admit, you just forced me to rethink my philosophy. :lol:
mike3
Sixth Man
And1: 120

Post#263 » by mike3 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:07 am

connseanery wrote:
mike3 wrote:Watched the full game which was a first in a long time being in Aus..few things i noticed and wanted to bring up- Blake really seemed to struggle on D, is he normally like that? (i wont say bad cause Blazers were on a roll)- I don't see why Butler isn't getting minutes, Foye did some good things but did a lot of bad- And why doesnt VDN play Aminu more? Gomes doesn't do a lot even if his main game is defense, didnt seem to be that good in that area anyways..
just a pure joy to watch.

Griffin isn't great on the defensive end by any means but usually he's better than he showed last night. He'll at least fight for position in the post and moves his feet pretty well on the perimeter. He was totally lost on rotations last night. One of the issues he always has is that he won't leave his feet to challenge shots. He's not tall enough to just stand there with his hands up and bother people too much. Not saying he should hop around as much as he does on offense but he needs to get up in the air to bother shooters occasionally.

The SF spot has been a problem all year. They just don't get nearly enough production and now VDN is resorting to going with a 3 guard lineup. The front office really should go out and get a starting caliber forward that can shoot 3s and play D with Aminu backing him up. They need to make more space for Griffin to operate down low.[/quote]

I remember thinking of Griffin as more of a shotblocker when i first heard about him which obviously hes not but youd think with that athelticism and hops he'd be the type of guy to get off his feet to block shots. I didn't realise how 'small' he was in the paint cause he looks like such a force on offence.

and i completely agree, our management really needa work out a trade to get a good starting SF thats gonna stick with the team cause i still really like Aminus future as our backup for now
connseanery
Sophomore
And1: 81

Post#264 » by connseanery » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:08 am

Oden2 wrote:I remember thinking of Griffin as more of a shotblocker when i first heard about him which obviously hes not but youd think with that athelticism and hops he'd be the type of guy to get off his feet to block shots. I didn't realise how 'small' he was in the paint cause he looks like such a force on offence.and i completely agree, our management really needa work out a trade to get a good starting SF thats gonna stick with the team cause i still really like Aminus future as our backup for now

Really height and length wise Blake is not that big. 6'8 1/2" with no shoes but if you notice he kind of has a big head. His standing reach was measured at only 8'9" or so which is what a typical 6'7" guy would have. It's pretty amazing he can dominate the way he does. It's the 40+ inch vertical with the all the other physical attributes and intangibles that set him apart.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers