ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#1401 » by Neddy » Thu May 8, 2014 1:09 am

Paul George and Delante West should team up.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#1402 » by Quake Griffin » Thu May 8, 2014 11:29 pm

did you guys just see shaun livingston slip and fall?

eerily similar to the brutal injury he suffered with us.
glad hes ok.

oh and i want to sign him next year.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#1403 » by mkwest » Fri May 9, 2014 3:08 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW5I-fFa4gY[/youtube]

Charles at it again....

Spoiler:
azncorruptedo17
Starter
And1: 222

Post#1404 » by azncorruptedo17 » Thu May 15, 2014 4:55 pm

Clipper fan since '95!!
Neddy
RealGM

Post#1405 » by Neddy » Fri May 16, 2014 6:08 am

azncorruptedo17 wrote:Report: Paul Pierce Interested in Joining Doc Rivers and Los Angeles Clippers

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2064616-report-paul-pierce-interested-in-joining-doc-rivers-and-los-angeles-clippers

oh man,

CP3-JJ-Pierce-blake-DJ ?

and we would then be able to have

Collison-Jamal-Barnes to come off the bench? Im all in, where do i sign up?

BTW if this comes true, we need to dump Dudley's contract ASAP
ehhhhh f it.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#1406 » by mttwlsn16 » Fri May 16, 2014 6:19 am

Pierce would be nice. Rest him plenty during the season so he could be fresh for playoffs
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#1407 » by QRich3 » Fri May 16, 2014 11:14 am

Pierce played with a lot of heart this post season but he's old and slow, he can score a lot still, but what we need is a GREAT defender that can score off the ball at SF. I'd love to have him as a 6th/7th man, but a rotation of Barnes/Pierce at the 3 is gonna give us a lot of problems to defend guys like KD. I'd love Deng there if we could get Cleveland to do a S&T with us. Jeff Green could be ok. Not sure what else could be had there. Gallinari, I don't trust how he'll come back from injury, much less at that salary.

But yeah, having Pierce (anbd maybe Garnett too if he can get a buyout?) on the bench would do wonder for the team's chemistry and motivation!
mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#1408 » by mttwlsn16 » Fri May 16, 2014 10:21 pm

Well, ibaka won't be hitting anyone else in the nuts this postseason.

Out for the playoffs
Neddy
RealGM

Post#1409 » by Neddy » Sat May 17, 2014 12:06 am

mttwlsn16 wrote:Well, ibaka won't be hitting anyone else in the nuts this postseason.

Out for the playoffs

well with Ibaka out, let's see how the commissioner's office handle the refereeing to manufacture the Lebron VS Durant finals.
ehhhhh f it.
azncorruptedo17
Starter

Post#1410 » by azncorruptedo17 » Wed May 28, 2014 2:27 pm

i think NBA teams should have the ability to put franchise tags on players...
Clipper fan since '95!!
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1411 » by Quake Griffin » Wed May 28, 2014 10:24 pm

azncorruptedo17 wrote:i think NBA teams should have the ability to put franchise tags on players...

in football they have helmets.

could you imagine watching ppl dog it for a full season knowing they want to leave?
that kind of thing stands more of a chance to hurt the NBA than NFL.

but don't even trip...when CP was an FA last year....i was in full support of a franchise tag.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#1412 » by mttwlsn16 » Thu May 29, 2014 3:22 am

Loooool espn showing us what they really wanted tonight
azncorruptedo17
Starter

Post#1413 » by azncorruptedo17 » Thu May 29, 2014 4:19 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
azncorruptedo17 wrote:i think NBA teams should have the ability to put franchise tags on players...

in football they have helmets.

could you imagine watching ppl dog it for a full season knowing they want to leave?
that kind of thing stands more of a chance to hurt the NBA than NFL.

but don't even trip...when CP was an FA last year....i was in full support of a franchise tag.

well it would require contract changes based on performance rewards... :P
Clipper fan since '95!!
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1414 » by Quake Griffin » Thu May 29, 2014 5:03 am

mttwlsn16 wrote:Image

i know you hate LeGOAT James....but if this wasn't the most manufactured extension of a series i've ever seen in my life....i dunno what is.

:lol: at that charge into Paul George.
this league is a joke.

I'm in Neddy mode with the NBA....if the Clippers aren't playing, I wont be watching (much).
mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#1415 » by mttwlsn16 » Thu May 29, 2014 5:15 am

Quake Griffin wrote:

i know you hate LeGOAT James....but if this wasn't the most manufactured extension of a series i've ever seen in my life....i dunno what is.

this league is a joke.

I'm in Neddy mode with the NBA....if the Clippers aren't playing, I wont be watching (much).

Meh, lebron lowered his shoulder and hit George right in the chest. That's an offensive foul 9 times out of 10
I just thought it was funny espn had Heat Back In Finals ready on sports center time line then pulled it. We know who espn roots for and they proved it
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1416 » by Quake Griffin » Thu May 29, 2014 4:18 pm

mttwlsn16 wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:

this league is a joke.

Meh, lebron lowered his shoulder and hit George right in the chest. That's an offensive foul 9 times out of 10
I just thought it was funny espn had Heat Back In Finals ready on sports center time line then pulled it. We know who espn roots for and they proved it

yea he lowered his shoulder like most people do trying to get momentum going to the basket and Paul George laid sideways to get contact because he wasn't even close to being in position.

rofl at a charge.
rofl at 50:50 lance stephenson call.

I dont htink I've ever seen something like that towards a superstar.
im srs.
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Houston, you have a problem. 

Post#1417 » by Ranma » Fri Aug 8, 2014 8:01 pm

At least we don't have such chemistry problems. Rockets going nowhere with these issues.

Sports Illustrated (8/8/14)
Houston Rockets stars James Harden and Dwight Howard keep themselves separate when it comes to team meals, according to Rockets forward Donatas Motiejunas.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/LithuaniaBasket/status/497681901642342401[/tweet]

Harden said that all players on the Rockets besides he and Howard are merely "role players." Howard said Parsons' departure "won't affect us at all."

Rockets' Motiejunas: James Harden, Dwight Howard don't eat with team
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Neddy
RealGM

Post#1418 » by Neddy » Fri Aug 8, 2014 9:37 pm

lovely. a disfunction junction at the Toyota Center. can we get this for the Thunder too?
ehhhhh f it.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#1419 » by mttwlsn16 » Sat Aug 9, 2014 2:51 am

Not surprised. Dwight has been a child everywhere he's played and always throws teammates/coaches under the bus
Harden thinks he is the GOAT, but watching him on the defensive end is pathetic. He gives up as much if not more than he scores due to zero effort
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Rondo on the Go 

Post#1420 » by Ranma » Tue Sep 2, 2014 7:06 am

Jay King, MassLive.com (8/31/14)
During a behind-the-scenes clip of ESPN's Around the Horn, which the show posted Wednesday on YouTube, the great Jackie MacMullan suggested Rondo has already made it clear he will not stay after his contract expires next summer.

When Frank Isola raised the topic of trading Rondo, MacMullan replied, "Oh, I hope so. Just get it done. And it will happen because he's told them he wants out. And no one believes me, but that's the truth."

MacMullan didn't stop there. During some discussion about the trade market for Rondo (more on that later), Isola mentioned the Los Angeles Clippers and their head coach, Doc Rivers.

"He doesn't like Rondo, remember that," MacMullan said. "I mean, he's done with Rondo. They went a good, long way together, but that guy -- Rondo drives him nuts. And then (the Clippers have) Chris Paul anyway, they don't need him."

Boston Celtics trade rumors 2014: Rajon Rondo has told team he 'wants out,' according to Jackie MacMullan

Everyone knows it's just been a matter of time before Rondo departed the Celtics, but the latest reports seem to be bringing things to a head where RR looks to be likely dealt before the trade deadline. However, he apparently doesn't want to go to the Kings despite their interest and most teams already have PG's in place. I can see teams like the Knicks and Mavericks pursuing him but the Mavs have little to offer outside of Monta Ellis and the Knicks will probably wait out to sign him outright, which is probably why Rondo is being selective in his choice of destinations.

I know he's wanted to play with Josh Smith but that ship seems to have sailed, especially since Greg Monroe signed the qualifying offer, which prevents him from being used as a sign-and-trade chip. Plus, would Stan Van Gundy willingly take on the headache that is Rondo after dealing with Dwight Howard? I wouldn't think so.

Phoenix could possibly be involved in a multi-team trade using Eric Bledsoe while keeping in mind that they also have Goran Dragic. Houston supposedly is interested but they have little assets left to deal for him as well. This situation should prove interesting in the upcoming season.
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip

Return to Los Angeles Clippers