Trade Idea Thread II

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Trade Idea Thread II 

Post#1 » by mkwest » Sun Feb 6, 2011 7:46 am

Trade Idea Thread I has 100 reached pages and has been retired. Please post any new trade proposals in this thread. Any new topics based on trade proposals will be moved to this thread. Thanks!

Some useful links:
RealGM Trade Checker
ESPN Trade Machine
ShamSports.com Salary Listings
Larry Coon's Salary Cap FAQ
scoobs07
Starter
And1: 82

Re: Trade Idea Thread II 

Post#2 » by scoobs07 » Sun Feb 6, 2011 6:08 pm

I would trade Bledsoe, Butler and Smith to Memphis for Mayo and Thabeet.
Why for Clippers?
With Mayo, they get the microwave type bench scorer that they need and a long term option at shooting guard when EJ eventually moves to point guard. Thabeet is a project center that the Clippers take on as a sweetner for Memphis.

Why for Memphis?
They get a lightning quick point guard prospect in Bledsoe. They just signed Jason Williams , but Bledsoe is a better option for the long term, and could be used to speed things up. Butler is a capable shooting guard that has proven to be a good shooter and defender over the course of his career. Unfortunatly for him, he is low on the depth chart behind EJ and Foye. Smith is a good back up PF , he is expendable to make salaries match since he and Diogu are so similar. Financially, Memphis immediately saves 8 million toward this year's payroll and reduces next year's payroll by 17 million. For Memphis, this may be the best combination of talent and salary reduction that they could get.
Leor_77
Analyst
And1: 533

Post#3 » by Leor_77 » Sun Feb 6, 2011 9:42 pm

I want Mayo, but don't know about Thabeet.

Question for you guys: What are we really needing? Is it a legit "star" Small Forward, or some actual solid role players? It's hard to answer, because a legit star would be just awesome, but it would also be great to actually have role players that play well consistently. Diogu is completely solid, especially considering the fact that we seemingly pulled him out of thin air, but the inconsistency of our rookies and of Foye/Gomes/etc. is very telling. We need guys that will be able to make the shot/play when Griffin inevitably gets double/triple teamed. If we don't have guys that make open shots, there is no incentive for the other team to not triple team Blake.
scoobs07
Starter

Post#4 » by scoobs07 » Mon Feb 7, 2011 4:06 am

Leor_77 wrote:I want Mayo, but don't know about Thabeet.

Question for you guys: What are we really needing? Is it a legit "star" Small Forward, or some actual solid role players? It's hard to answer, because a legit star would be just awesome, but it would also be great to actually have role players that play well consistently. Diogu is completely solid, especially considering the fact that we seemingly pulled him out of thin air, but the inconsistency of our rookies and of Foye/Gomes/etc. is very telling. We need guys that will be able to make the shot/play when Griffin inevitably gets double/triple teamed. If we don't have guys that make open shots, there is no incentive for the other team to not triple team Blake.

Mayo is a career 38% From three, so he would help in that regard. Thabeet is just a contract that we would have to take on to make it worth while for Memphis. The fact alone that we have the ability to basically absorb Thabeet's contract gives us the leg up on other teams like the Lakers.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#5 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Mon Feb 7, 2011 6:50 am

Responding from the post in the last thread about Barbosa

If we have to take Foye I don't know what would work. We would have no incentive to do it. What would you add to it?

Maybe something like

Foye + Kaman + Warren for Barbosa + Evans + Dorsey + Miami 1st

* maybe TOR sends a future 2nd?

Or

Foye + Filler + LAC 1st for Barbosa + filler + Mia 1st
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 354

Post#6 » by Det the Threat » Mon Feb 7, 2011 8:01 am

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:Responding from the post in the last thread about Barbosa

If we have to take Foye I don't know what would work. We would have no incentive to do it. What would you add to it?

Maybe something like

Foye + Kaman + Warren for Barbosa + Evans + Dorsey + Miami 1st

* maybe TOR sends a future 2nd?

Or

Foye + Filler + LAC 1st for Barbosa + filler + Mia 1st

Not interested in Barbosa and none of those trades would ever happen.

We wouldn't trade Kaman and a prospect like Warren for a guy like Barbosa and a glorified 2nd rounder and we certainly wouldn't give up our pick for that Miami one, even if it meant replacing Foye with Barbosa.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#7 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Mon Feb 7, 2011 12:35 pm

Fair enough. Another poster said they'd love Barbosa but we have to take Foye and it doesn't make sense for us. I proposed the Kaman deal because it saves LAC 10,138,324 so I thought that would warrant consideration with the pending need of re-signing Jordan but I see what your saying. We won't do Foye for Barbosa because it's s big downgrade to save a small 3 million. So I don't know what else could be added because it's not even for sure Barbosa opts in. He could opt out for a longer term deal if he finishes strong

also you could take out Warren in the Kaman deal if you wanted, didnt know he was highly regarded
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
scoobs07
Starter

Post#8 » by scoobs07 » Tue Feb 8, 2011 3:21 am

It doesn't look like the Clippers are going to get the all star level small forward they have been targeting since Carmelo is going to NY, Granger and Iggy figure to ramain with their teams at least cor the rest of the season since they are in the play off hunt. I think maybe it is tike to persue other trades.
1. Butler/Warren to SAC for Casspi/Garcia would provide the Clippers with the perimeter shooting that they are lacking and will Upgrade the bench. Kings do it because they dump Garcia's contract and save 4.1 million dollars this season. This should help them since they are having financial difficulty and are up for sale.
2. Aminu/Foye/Smith/2011 1st to Memphis for Mayo/Thabeet. Clippers get a combo guard that would upgrade the bench with 12-14 ppg. Mayo would also be a future back court mate of ej when he eventually moves to PG. Aminu and Foye immediately
gives Memphis some scoring that will help them in their push
for the play offs.
Pf-Griffin/Diogu/Cook
Sf-Casspi/Gomes
C-Jordan/Kaman/ Thabeet
Pg-Davis/Mayo/Bledsoe
Sg-Gordan/Garcia
Sg-
scoobs07
Starter

Post#9 » by scoobs07 » Tue Feb 8, 2011 4:19 am

^and that ads a lot of depth plus this creates a lot of assets that the Clipps could utilize in a off season trade. Mayo/Casspi/Kaman/Bledsoe could be trade bait for some one like Granger/Iguodala.
Det the Threat
Head Coach

Post#10 » by Det the Threat » Tue Feb 8, 2011 5:44 am

scoobs07 wrote:It doesn't look like the Clippers are going to get the all star level small forward they have been targeting since Carmelo is going to NY, Granger and Iggy figure to ramain with their teams at least cor the rest of the season since they are in the play off hunt. I think maybe it is tike to persue other trades.
1. Butler/Warren to SAC for Casspi/Garcia would provide the Clippers with the perimeter shooting that they are lacking and will Upgrade the bench. Kings do it because they dump Garcia's contract and save 4.1 million dollars this season. This should help them since they are having financial difficulty and are up for sale.
2. Aminu/Foye/Smith/2011 1st to Memphis for Mayo/Thabeet. Clippers get a combo guard that would upgrade the bench with 12-14 ppg. Mayo would also be a future back court mate of ej when he eventually moves to PG. Aminu and Foye immediately
gives Memphis some scoring that will help them in their push
for the play offs.
Pf-Griffin/Diogu/Cook
Sf-Casspi/Gomes
C-Jordan/Kaman/ Thabeet
Pg-Davis/Mayo/Bledsoe
Sg-Gordan/Garcia
Sg-

The first one I might do, but why the heck should we give up two lottery picks for a bench player(that's what Mayo would be with us as well) and a huge bust?

I'm sorry, but that makes no sense at all.

Not sure if you know him, but some of your trades and ideas look quite trigger happy(hey, at least do a trade, no matter what) and it sometimes reminds me of Trader Bob, the former Sonics and Blazers GM who never saw a trade he didn't liked.

Look, it might not be all too sexy, but sometimes the best trades you do are the ones you don't do.
jgustav1
Analyst
And1: 21

Post#11 » by jgustav1 » Tue Feb 8, 2011 6:22 am

I don't understand why you would think Sacramento would give up Casspi as part of the trade #1. Garcia is overpaid, and has 2 seasons left after this one, but I would think the Kings would be just happy to keep the roster as is, since Casspi is very productive on his rookie deal. Butler and Warren won't add much to what they currently have and they would need to sign another SF in the offseason after Butler's contract expires.

Trade #2, OJ Mayo isn't worth either Aminu or a 2011 lottery pick at this point, and I doubt the Clippers want to add Thabeet and his 5+ million dollar contract with Kaman still left on the roster and Jordan looking for money as a RFA.

The Clippers can reshape their roster in the offseason, no need to rush into a trade at this point. The playoffs are too far away at this point in the season.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#12 » by TheNewEra » Wed Feb 9, 2011 2:53 am

Make the Mayo deal as soon as possible
aniloman
Junior
And1: 0

Post#13 » by aniloman » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:32 am

IGGY...go get him!
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,624

Post#14 » by madmaxmedia » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:34 pm

Leor_77 wrote:I want Mayo, but don't know about Thabeet.

I think it's less about whether we try to trade for star vs. solid player, and more about what specific skills we need on the floor.

I think SF is our weakest position, and and as you say outside shooting is a big need.

I don't think we need big man unless we hopefully trade Kaman. Diogu really helps with our bench size.
mike3
Sixth Man
And1: 120

Post#15 » by mike3 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:17 am

I just want the management to get rid of Kaman for a good fit SF for us.. not sure who'd fit us but we need something new at SF, Gomes had his good games and i still like him as a solid role player but just not as consitant and effective as we want
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,838

Post#16 » by inquisitive » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:14 am

mike3 wrote:I just want the management to get rid of Kaman for a good fit SF for us.. not sure who'd fit us but we need something new at SF, Gomes had his good games and i still like him as a solid role player but just not as consitant and effective as we want

Is Kaman still injured? Shouldn't he back from his injury by now?
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
scoobs07
Starter

Post#17 » by scoobs07 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:26 am

Well, after tonights loss to Clevland, I have officially have gave up hope for the playoffs. That being said, it might still be in the Clipps best interest to deal Kaman for a team looking for a big to maybe help them in the play offs. I'm thinking Portland could be a good trade partner. Batum, Fernandez, Matthews are wings that could help the Clipps. One of them would have to be packaged along with Oden or Przblla.
Det the Threat
Head Coach

Post#18 » by Det the Threat » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:26 am

mike3 wrote:I just want the management to get rid of Kaman for a good fit SF for us.. not sure who'd fit us but we need something new at SF, Gomes had his good games and i still like him as a solid role player but just not as consitant and effective as we want

We already have a solid SF in Gomes(nothing great, but he's alright) and I can't see any team sending us an upgrade over him for Kaman right now.

Or would you trade your productive SF for a guy that hasn't even played 10% of the games this season with no timetable set for a return?

Right now we'd have to give up extra stuff to make that happen and that just makes no sense with us being a lottery team again.

So the best thing we can do right now is hang onto Kaman, see if he can come back and give us some scoring off the bench(we really need that) and wait till the offseason, when he'll be in the final year of his contract.

Therefore the guys I could see traded are Butler(gets loads of DNP CD), Smith(Diogu has his role now) and Cook(yeah he can hit some shots, but Vinny isn't playing him lately), if we can get an upgrade for our bench.

scoobs07 wrote:Well, after tonights loss to Clevland, I have officially have gave up hope for the playoffs. That being said, it might still be in the Clipps best interest to deal Kaman for a team looking for a big to maybe help them in the play offs. I'm thinking Portland could be a good trade partner. Batum, Fernandez, Matthews are wings that could help the Clipps. One of them would have to be packaged along with Oden or Przblla.

Their GM already stated that they're looking at the big picture, which means they'll look at their future and most likely won't trade their young core, as long as they don't get back a superstar type of player, which Kaman isn't.
scoobs07
Starter

Post#19 » by scoobs07 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:52 am

Maybe Kaman could be sent to Houston with Lee, Jefferies, Hill going to Memphis and Mayo and Thabeet go to the Clipps?
Det the Threat
Head Coach

Post#20 » by Det the Threat » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:03 am

scoobs07 wrote:Maybe Kaman could be sent to Houston with Lee, Jefferies, Hill going to Memphis and Mayo and Thabeet go to the Clipps?

Adding Mayo, while keeping Foye = too many combo guards/shooting guards on the Clippers.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers