Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Angel strike1
Lead Assistant
And1: 641

Re: 13-14 PLAYOFFS ROUND #1 GAME #1 LAC VS GSW 

Post#401 » by Angel strike1 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:12 pm

Monday yet?

Got a feeling we blow them out game 2.

Game 3 close game last minute play wins it.

Game 4 we lose.

Then we came home do our job
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#402 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:58 pm

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/stor ... s-clippers

im so focused on Game 2, i don't even want to give this its own thread.
but the league ruled that Draymond fouled him.

idc...jsut saying.
on to game 2.
The Warriors and their fans want us to cheer and say we were cheated....NO!....i want focus and i wanna crush them i name 2
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
bakesale
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,776

Post#403 » by bakesale » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:30 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:
bakesale wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:losing Blake was more of a disadvantage to us than you losing Iggy

hence, I'm going to complain.

I could say Lee got into foul trouble unfairly, I could also point out to when Curry got mugged in the lane on a layup that was a no call. It goes both ways, seriously.

Point is though, the refs were tight on both teams. Anyone blaming the refs is just looking for a cheap scapegoat for their loss. Even Doc Rivers conceded that both teams were playing under the same rules.

who cares?

I'm talking about losing Griffin essentially for half the time he would have been on the floor....not arguing about this call or that call....or why it was called one way this way and not this way the other.

you guys are bit too trigger happy to point out that someone here is blaming the refs.
the refs weren't good...it hurt us worse than it did you...period. Instead of just owning it, you're going to every length because you feel like everything we say is taking some dig at your win being legitimate.

you're up 1-0....it's there...it's not 0-0 because Griffin was in foul trouble...it wasn't a fake win....you stole home court.

IF in the next game...amidst garbage refereeing, Matt Barnes gets into foul trouble and Steph Curry gets into foul trouble....i expect you to feel like Curry's foul trouble hurt you a lot worse....and that doesnt mean you're "blaming the refs"...it's just the truth.

Who cares? I don't really care

But you aren't the only one bitching about the refs, dozens of you clippers fans were blaming the refs for a loss. Blaming the refs for a loss is a scapegoat and frankly poor sportsmanship.
If you don't understand that much now, you never will, so I'll leave you be. Forget I even mentioned it.

FWIW Even Blake griffin admitted at the press conference that he needed to be smarter out there and not do silly fouls. That's the sign of honesty and good sportsmanship.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,399

Post#404 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:45 pm

bakesale wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:
bakesale wrote:
I could say Lee got into foul trouble unfairly, I could also point out to when Curry got mugged in the lane on a layup that was a no call. It goes both ways, seriously.

Point is though, the refs were tight on both teams. Anyone blaming the refs is just looking for a cheap scapegoat for their loss. Even Doc Rivers conceded that both teams were playing under the same rules.

who cares?

I'm talking about losing Griffin essentially for half the time he would have been on the floor....not arguing about this call or that call....or why it was called one way this way and not this way the other.

you guys are bit too trigger happy to point out that someone here is blaming the refs.
the refs weren't good...it hurt us worse than it did you...period. Instead of just owning it, you're going to every length because you feel like everything we say is taking some dig at your win being legitimate.

you're up 1-0....it's there...it's not 0-0 because Griffin was in foul trouble...it wasn't a fake win....you stole home court.

IF in the next game...amidst garbage refereeing, Matt Barnes gets into foul trouble and Steph Curry gets into foul trouble....i expect you to feel like Curry's foul trouble hurt you a lot worse....and that doesnt mean you're "blaming the refs"...it's just the truth.

But you aren't the only one bitching about the refs, dozens of you clippers fans were blaming the refs for a loss. Blaming the refs for a loss is a scapegoat and frankly poor sportsmanship.
If you don't understand that much now, you never will, so I'll leave you be. Forget I even mentioned it.

FWIW Even Blake griffin admitted at the press conference that he needed to be smarter out there and not do silly fouls. That's the sign of honesty and good sportsmanship.

Blake was just being polite and disingenuous in order to avoid a fine. He knows and everybody else does too that at least 2 and more likely 3 of the fouls against him were totally bogus and ended up costing the Clips the game. That's the truth right there and it better not happen again, but I'm sure it will because the NBA has never addressed its horrendous officiating. It is a disgrace.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#405 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:47 pm

bakesale wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:
bakesale wrote:

who cares?

Check whose forum you're in.

If I feel the refs didn't call something right, I'm perfectly within my rights as a human being to feel that way. I'm within my 1st Amendment rights to say it out loud/ type it. It's bad sportsmanship if I put that burden on you and blame the refs (i.e. come to your forum and say it or say that's THE ONLY REASON you won). THAT'S NOT HAPPENING HERE!... You are in our forum and we can discuss the game and how we felt the officiating was as we please.

what's next, you can hop in our brains and if you find the thought that we didn't like the officiating we're poor sports?
if you don't want to hear about the game viewed from the Clipper perspective...then don't come in here and read the stuff....but we aren't going to bite our tongues IN OUR FORUM because YOU may not like it.

edit: check one of the other threads where WE, AS A FAN BASE IN THIS FORUM, were talking about Blake committing stupid fouls yesterday.
we don't need you to come here and moderate our behavior or teach us a damn thing.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#406 » by Neddy » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:14 pm

bakesale wrote:Blaming the refs for a loss is a scapegoat and frankly poor sportsmanship.

tell that to mike bibby, doug christie, peja stojakovic, chris webber, and vlade divac.

but then again, you are probably too young to have watched that game and be enraged by the blatant bias like most of us who were already grown ups at the time. i still remember that game like yesterday, and every referee in that game was in on it. but then again, why would you care about something that happened when you were in your daycare center?

hope you make enough for your school with your bake sales, boy. you will need it, at least for your history class.
ehhhhh f it.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#407 » by mttwlsn16 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:27 pm

Neddy wrote:
bakesale wrote:Blaming the refs for a loss is a scapegoat and frankly poor sportsmanship.

tell that to mike bibby, doug christie, peja stojakovic, chris webber, and vlade divac.

but then again, you are probably too young to have watched that game and be enraged by the blatant bias like most of us who were already grown ups at the time. i still remember that game like yesterday, and every referee in that game was in on it. but then again, why would you care about something that happened when you were in your daycare center?

hope you make enough for your school with your bake sales, boy. you will need it, at least for your history class.

LOL I remember that game. Complete BS
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#408 » by East Bay Sports » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:35 am

Neddy wrote:

Unless you are saying the refs were intentionally trying to help the Warriors win (which is absurd) I don't really see the relevance here.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#409 » by Neddy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:30 am

I hope you keep the same attitude when the game 6 rolls in, and the refereeing becomes peculiar to force a game 7 in LA. ( or potentially in game 5 to force a game 6)
ehhhhh f it.
925 DUBS
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#410 » by 925 DUBS » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:04 am

Grown ass men acting like little kids. Gotta love it!
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant

Post#411 » by East Bay Sports » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:06 pm

Neddy wrote:I hope you keep the same attitude when the game 6 rolls in, and the refereeing becomes peculiar to force a game 7 in LA. ( or potentially in game 5 to force a game 6)

lol, dude, if you are so convinced every playoff series is being tampered with why bother watching.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#412 » by Neddy » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:36 am

East Bay Sports wrote:
Neddy wrote:I hope you keep the same attitude when the game 6 rolls in, and the refereeing becomes peculiar to force a game 7 in LA. ( or potentially in game 5 to force a game 6)

lol, dude, if you are so convinced every playoff series is being tampered with why bother watching.

well well well. look how the table has turned.

after the blow out in game #2, it is now your fan base going mad over the refs.

and for your mathematically challenged question, i watch for the rest of 80% where players and coaches make impact. i see the tampering as 10 to 20 % of the factor, which the NBA has learned not to use it as be all after that 2001 western conference game 6 between the kings and the flakers when even the congress was talking about an official hearing, which never actually happened unlike when baseball was deemed tainted.

I still think the vanilla boy is your bipolar other self. never the less, let's see how the game #3 turns out to be tomorrow.
ehhhhh f it.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant

Post#413 » by East Bay Sports » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:32 am

Neddy wrote:
East Bay Sports wrote:

well well well. look how the table has turned.

after the blow out in game #2, it is now your fan base going mad over the refs.

and for your mathematically challenged question, i watch for the rest of 80% where players and coaches make impact. i see the tampering as 10 to 20 % of the factor, which the NBA has learned not to use it as be all after that 2001 western conference game 6 between the kings and the flakers when even the congress was talking about an official hearing, which never actually happened unlike when baseball was deemed tainted.

I still think the vanilla boy is your bipolar other self. never the less, let's see how the game #3 turns out to be tomorrow.

You are reaching here dude. No sane Dubs fan is blaming that beat down on the refs.
mj_shoefanatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 104

Post#414 » by mj_shoefanatic » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:22 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:last thing....

just wanna state how pissed I was watching David Lee, a grown ass man, cheering and counting Griffin's fouls on the court.

aw man.....that drove me up a wall.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

That entire team is bush league from the coach all the way down to the 15th man.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#415 » by Neddy » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:59 am

East Bay Sports wrote:You are reaching here dude. No sane Dubs fan is blaming that beat down on the refs.

Curry scored 20 of his 24 points in the third quarter and should have been more, but the refs swallowed their whistle although he was repeatedly hitting the deck.

http://www.warriorsworld.net/2014/04/24 ... ome-court/

Does anyone believe the Warriors are going to be called for 11 fouls more than the Clippers who shot above 90% from the line ever single game?

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showth ... Warriors(6)-vs-Los-Angeles-Clippers(3)-4-21-10-30-PM-EST-TNT/page33

As long as the refs actually let the players play

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showth ... Warriors(6)-vs-Los-Angeles-Clippers(3)-4-21-10-30-PM-EST-TNT/page34

so, come again?
ehhhhh f it.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant

Post#416 » by East Bay Sports » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:11 pm

Neddy wrote:
East Bay Sports wrote:You are reaching here dude. No sane Dubs fan is blaming that beat down on the refs.

Curry scored 20 of his 24 points in the third quarter and should have been more, but the refs swallowed their whistle although he was repeatedly hitting the deck.

http://www.warriorsworld.net/2014/04/24 ... ome-court/

Does anyone believe the Warriors are going to be called for 11 fouls more than the Clippers who shot above 90% from the line ever single game?

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showth ... Warriors(6)-vs-Los-Angeles-Clippers(3)-4-21-10-30-PM-EST-TNT/page33

As long as the refs actually let the players play

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showth ... Warriors(6)-vs-Los-Angeles-Clippers(3)-4-21-10-30-PM-EST-TNT/page34

so, come again?

I said no sane Dubs fan. You've clearly quoted a bunch of crazy people. I can only control myself pimp.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant

Post#417 » by East Bay Sports » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:12 pm

mj_shoefanatic wrote:

just wanna state how pissed I was watching David Lee, a grown ass man, cheering and counting Griffin's fouls on the court.

That entire team is bush league from the coach all the way down to the 15th man.

lol, I'm just going to bite my tongue. Chris Paul is the king of bush league antics and if you think your team is so high and mighty just... lmfao.

Not defending Lee. Fu** him at this point. Dude pisses me off
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#418 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:21 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:
mj_shoefanatic wrote:

lol, I'm just going to bite my tongue. Chris Paul is the king of bush league antics and if you think your team is so high and mighty just... lmfao.

which ones?

i have a friend who was texting me last night mad that Chris Paul shot the ball from half court and almost made it when GSW was fouling at the end...to him that was "bush league"

nothing annoys me more than people who constantly bother me about how smart this guy plays. It's not his fault HE BEAT the warriors on that play and should have been awarded three free throws.

if that's the kind of stuff you're talking about....then that's corny.
and please don't go digging into that college incident with Julius Hodge....i need something substantial....something i can show folks everywhere and go...."yup, ima Chris Paul fan...but he does this this this and that and thats bush league"
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant

Post#419 » by East Bay Sports » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:32 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:
East Bay Sports wrote:
mj_shoefanatic wrote:That entire team is bush league from the coach all the way down to the 15th man.

which ones?

i have a friend who was texting me last night mad that Chris Paul shot the ball from half court and almost made it when GSW was fouling at the end...to him that was "bush league"

nothing annoys me more than people who constantly bother me about how smart this guy plays. It's not his fault HE BEAT the warriors on that play and should have been awarded three free throws.

and please don't go digging into that college incident with Julius Hodge....i need something substantial....something i can show folks everywhere and go...."yup, ima Chris Paul fan...but he does this this this and that and thats bush league"

The trying to get 3 free throws was a bit bush league, he will never get that call anyway, but him complaining about it for 10 minutes as they reviewed it is really the annoying part.

His constantly crying to the refs just grinds on me as a fan. Even when he gets calls he complains. His constant trying to sell of calls, which winds up biting him in the ass (like at the end of game 1) when he doesn't get calls he actually should. Naturally the just phantom flopping is irritating.

I respect the hell out of Paul as a clutch competitor, but I can't respect his antics. You can say he is smart, but it isn't just me that feels this way. He has transformed himself into one of the most hated players in the league.. and it isn't just because he is too good (like you fans try to say is the reason BLake is hated, come on) let's face it, tons of players are great and not hated.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#420 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:23 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:
East Bay Sports wrote:lol, I'm just going to bite my tongue. Chris Paul is the king of bush league antics and if you think your team is so high and mighty just... lmfao.

which ones?

The trying to get 3 free throws was a bit bush league, he will never get that call anyway, but him complaining about it for 10 minutes as they reviewed it is really the annoying part.

His constantly crying to the refs just grinds on me as a fan. Even when he gets calls he complains. His constant trying to sell of calls, which winds up biting him in the ass (like at the end of game 1) when he doesn't get calls he actually should. Naturally the just phantom flopping is irritating.

I respect the hell out of Paul as a clutch competitor, but I can't respect his antics. You can say he is smart, but it isn't just me that feels this way. He has transformed himself into one of the most hated players in the league.. and it isn't just because he is too good (like you fans try to say is the reason BLake is hated, come on) let's face it, tons of players are great and not hated.

Real GM =/= representative of how everybody views Chris Paul.

but yup...i figured you'd hate on smart play....even though you probably thought it was okay for Russell Westbrook to get his 3 FTs on a similar play last night.

on flopping...i truly DO NOT CARE..
1) Give us a warning when you see it...fine us....oh, no fines in 2013?....then stfu
2) every charge is a flop...we literally coach players to get position, make their bodies limp like a noodle and fall over if someone runs into them
3) it's a gift and a curse....it giveth and it taketh away as you've pointed out. His swing thru works sometimes...other times Klay moves his arm away and it's a turnover....head jerk shoulder to shoulder works sometimes and sometimes draymond gets away with one <--- oddly enough thats not enough for you....you want blood I'm guessing.

4) it is because we are good. This forum doesnt do nearly as much complaining about DeMarcus Cousins' flopping as it does ours. I tend to think if Boogie put up a 57 win season, it MAY get him some more hate for flopping....

but I'd like to take you back to 2002...Back when Sacramento faced the Purple n Piss Coalition in the 2002 WCF. How many of you people stood up and rooted for the Lakers because the Kings were annoying floppers? None of you. If you weren't a Laker fan, you were pro-Kings....and there's nothing anybody could have said about flopping that would have changed ur mind.....now everybody is on a flopping soap box

lmao.....ok...nah, u just hate good teams and there's a myriad of reasons to hate them all.

trust me....i hate OKC and nobody seems to understand why.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers