ImageImageImageImageImage

13-14 PLAYOFFS ROUND #1 GAME #1 LAC VS GSW

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Muggsy Bogues
Assistant Coach
And1: 288

Re: 13-14 PLAYOFFS ROUND #1 GAME #1 LAC VS GSW 

Post#381 » by Muggsy Bogues » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:46 am

We'll have to agree to disagree. I think that the Warriors' success is predicated on two things: defense and ball movement, and Iguodala's effect on both is not to be underestimated.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#382 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:01 am

Muggsy Bogues wrote:We'll have to agree to disagree. I think that the Warriors' success is predicated on two things: defense and ball movement, and Iguodala's effect on both is not to be underestimated.

i don't like how you agreed to disagree then buried it in what's important to the Warriors.

come right out and say exactly what I'm talking about.
Andre Iguodala is as much of an essential piece to your team as Griffin is to the Clippers? yes or no.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Muggsy Bogues
Assistant Coach

Post#383 » by Muggsy Bogues » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:05 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
Muggsy Bogues wrote:We'll have to agree to disagree. I think that the Warriors' success is predicated on two things: defense and ball movement, and Iguodala's effect on both is not to be underestimated.

i don't like how you agreed to disagree then buried it in what's important to the Warriors.

Andre Iguodala is as much of an essential piece to your team as Griffin is to the Clippers? yes or no.

Yes, absolutely. He's the team's best perimeter defender, best transition player, best help defender, best at initiating the offense... always making the extra pass for the easy open shot, best help defender (even more so than Bogut because he'll do it both inside and out), etc. He's the motor of the team, similar to what Paul is for you guys... the one who'll keep the ball moving and the offense humming no matter what.
kylem4711
Sixth Man
And1: 518

Post#384 » by kylem4711 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:20 am

Haha, it's not even a comparison. Blake Griffin is way more important.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#385 » by Neddy » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:20 am

Muggsy Bogues wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:

Yes, absolutely. He's the team's best perimeter defender, best transition player, best help defender, best at initiating the offense... always making the extra pass for the easy open shot, best help defender (even more so than Bogut because he'll do it both inside and out), etc. He's the motor of the team, similar to what Paul is for you guys... the one who'll keep the ball moving and the offense humming no matter what.

blake is arguably the best player on our team.

nobody in their right mind would consider Iggy to be in any kind of discussion as your team's best player, ever.

in fact, there are 4 players who are ahead of Iggy on offensive options.
YES Iggy is a very good defensive player, always has been, but he is a perimeter player and between an elite perimeter defender and a very good low post defender, any GM in the league would pick the low post defender.

Iggy at best, is only as important as DJ is to our team. and I believe DJ is the most important player for our defense. but no way I would play without blake before DJ.
ehhhhh f it.
Muggsy Bogues
Assistant Coach

Post#386 » by Muggsy Bogues » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:31 am

Best and most important aren't the same thing. Blake is your best player (having surpassed Paul this season), but CP3 is the most important; get rid of him and suddenly the team's worse at a bunch of seemingly minor things that all affect winning in multiple ways. Anyhow, my opinion's not a particular popular one even among W's fans so I didn't think anyone here would agree... see you all next game and here's to hoping that the damn refs keep their meddling noses out of it this time.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#387 » by Neddy » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:39 am

Muggsy Bogues wrote:Best and most important aren't the same thing. Blake is your best player (having surpassed Paul this season), but CP3 is the most important; get rid of him and suddenly the team's worse at a bunch of seemingly minor things that all affect winning in multiple ways. Anyhow, my opinion's not a particular popular one even among W's fans so I didn't think anyone here would agree... see you all next game and here's to hoping that the damn refs keep their meddling noses out of it this time.

this i can agree with 100%.

thanks for being a civil warrior fan for a decent discussion, unlike the other one, Vanilla Kid.
ehhhhh f it.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#388 » by TheNewEra » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:16 am

Feel so sick after this game team needs to be roasted and come out fighting game 2. No sports television for me until Monday. The hate will be strong everywhere.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#389 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:21 am

last thing....

just wanna state how pissed I was watching David Lee, a grown ass man, cheering and counting Griffin's fouls on the court.

aw man.....that drove me up a wall.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
BayInferno
Rookie
And1: 1,152

Post#390 » by BayInferno » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:27 am

There's a reason Warriors were 10-9 without Iggy :roll:
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#391 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:24 am

Im hated hearing CP and Doc have this notion that the Barnes play changed the game.

If Darren Collison was right here in my studio apartment at 1:20 AM, i'd play Homer to his Bart and grab him by the neck.
"why you little...."

for ruining Chris Paul's steal on Klay Thompson by trying to catch the damn ball with ONE HAND.
every time i see the highlight on I lose my mind and hate the play just a little bit worse.

:banghead: :banghead:
score was 105-05 at that point....coulda been a 2 point lead with a 2 hand catch there....we wouldn't even be talking about the Barnes' play if this jerk didn't try to catch the ball like a jackass.

Collison.
you owe me.
bakesale
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,776

Post#392 » by bakesale » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:27 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
bakesale wrote:Hey I dunno why you all complaining about refs, iggy got called for phantom fouls too, it went both ways guys.

losing Blake was more of a disadvantage to us than you losing Iggy

hence, I'm going to complain.

I could say Lee got into foul trouble unfairly, I could also point out to when Curry got mugged in the lane on a layup that was a no call. It goes both ways, seriously.

Point is though, the refs were tight on both teams. Anyone blaming the refs is just looking for a cheap scapegoat for their loss. Even Doc Rivers conceded that both teams were playing under the same rules.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#393 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:06 am

bakesale wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:
bakesale wrote:Hey I dunno why you all complaining about refs, iggy got called for phantom fouls too, it went both ways guys.

losing Blake was more of a disadvantage to us than you losing Iggy

hence, I'm going to complain.

I could say Lee got into foul trouble unfairly, I could also point out to when Curry got mugged in the lane on a layup that was a no call. It goes both ways, seriously.

Point is though, the refs were tight on both teams. Anyone blaming the refs is just looking for a cheap scapegoat for their loss. Even Doc Rivers conceded that both teams were playing under the same rules.

who cares?

I'm talking about losing Griffin essentially for half the time he would have been on the floor....not arguing about this call or that call....or why it was called one way this way and not this way the other.

you guys are bit too trigger happy to point out that someone here is blaming the refs.
the refs weren't good...it hurt us worse than it did you...period. Instead of just owning it, you're going to every length because you feel like everything we say is taking some dig at your win being legitimate.

you're up 1-0....it's there...it's not 0-0 because Griffin was in foul trouble...it wasn't a fake win....you stole home court.

IF in the next game...amidst garbage refereeing, Matt Barnes gets into foul trouble and Steph Curry gets into foul trouble....i expect you to feel like Curry's foul trouble hurt you a lot worse....and that doesnt mean you're "blaming the refs"...it's just the truth.
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Postgame Tweets 

Post#394 » by Ranma » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:02 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/457646958401048576[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/fosterdj/status/457647434336714752[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/fosterdj/status/457648105391808512[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/457654450250067968[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/457753826167361536[/tweet]
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Blake Griffin > Andre Iguodala 

Post#395 » by Ranma » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:23 am

Neddy wrote:Iggy at best, is only as important as DJ is to our team. and I believe DJ is the most important player for our defense. but no way I would play without blake before DJ.

kylem4711 wrote:Haha, it's not even a comparison. Blake Griffin is way more important.

Quake Griffin wrote:I'm talking about losing Griffin essentially for half the time he would have been on the floor....not arguing about this call or that call....or why it was called one way this way and not this way the other.

IF in the next game...amidst garbage refereeing, Matt Barnes gets into foul trouble and Steph Curry gets into foul trouble....i expect you to feel like Curry's foul trouble hurt you a lot worse....and that doesnt mean you're "blaming the refs"...it's just the truth.

Exhibit A

Blake Griffin - 19 minutes | 16 points | 3 rebounds | 3 assists | 1 block | 0 steals | +9

Andre Iguodala - 20 minutes | 8 points | 1 rebound | 3 assists | 0 blocks | 0 steals| -11
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#396 » by QRich3 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:31 pm

I thought Doc lost this game by keeping Crawford and Collison too much time together on the floor. They both played some really bad offense settling for bad shots and long contested 2's all game. How on earth did Collison play more minutes than Barnes in this game?!? Collison did an ok job at times defending Curry 1 on 1, but with the game plan of always hard trappin Steph, the defensive rotations were a big mess, resulting in A LOT of wide open layups or dunks for Lee and O'Neal. I thought those two and Deandre were the main culprits for botching those rotations.

Which brings me to DJ, he is so much improved at protecting the rim sometimes, got better at contesting without being over eager for the block and affecting a lot of shots, but whenever there's some ball movement and good passing he is so lost that I don't think he is a net positive defender overall. He has a lot of highlight defensive plays but costs us so many points with his bad rotations that I don't know what judgement to make of him.

Like I said before the series, the Warriors chances of winning vastly improve when there are unusual factors affecting the game, like foul trouble, brawls, lots of technicals, etc. We couldn't control the refs trying to make a point on every little contact yesterday, but from now on we need to avoid any kind of confrontation, reaction to their provoking, trying to force fouls on us, etc. that's what they're trying all the time and it always works for them.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#397 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:42 pm

Do you start Griffin on O'Neal and Dre on Lee in game 2?

the way I view the Warriors....they don't use Lee in post ups to score but to get Griffin to make a mistake and get a foul on him.

or do you think if we make that switch, they'll just go to Jermaine and try to get fouls on Blake?

do we abandon trapping Curry?
I think we kept him and Klay in check. I think our rotations on the back end were just weak....and we never stopped that damn inbounds play.
Muggsy Bogues
Assistant Coach

Post#398 » by Muggsy Bogues » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:52 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:...or do you think if we make that switch, they'll just go to Jermaine and try to get fouls on Blake?

Yes, they'll go to O'Neal, but not just for the purpose of drawing fouls. With his wingspan, he can catch the ball in the deep post and score over Griffin with relative ease. He does also draw a lot of fouls, but from what I've seen that's mostly due to weakside defenders hacking him when they try to go for a block.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#399 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:57 pm

Griffin just has to survive the 1st 3 minutes without fouling Lee.

Lee posts up...butt...butt...butt....ugly drive to the lane trying to hit his shoulder against yours...if he doesnt shoot it....up fake etc. etc.

but the Warriors wont try to win with him posting up.....so if the first few times Blake DOESNT foul...even if he gives up a bucket or two, we're in the clear.

but there's 0 doubt the 1st 2 or 3 plays are being run through Lee next game.
Angel strike1
Lead Assistant
And1: 641

Post#400 » by Angel strike1 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:07 pm

Down by 2 seconds left cp3 gets fouled ball goes out . No foul called ball give back to gs.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers