ImageImageImageImageImage

What are we gonna do about Donald Sterling- (Clipps reborn!)

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,153

What are we gonna do about Donald Sterling- (Clipps reborn!) 

Post#1 » by Clemenza » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:16 am

Wow.. he's on the verge of setting the entire season- playoff run up in flames all with these new allegations saying he told his girlfriend "Not to bring black people to the games". :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

-what is this guys f*cking problem. Silver do something! I'm black myself. This is my team for years. I might have to step away the Clippers if something isn't done soon. Look at the sh*t Doc and the players have to go through. Self sabotage to the highest degree
Don Tommy
Senior
And1: 283

Re: What are we gonna do about Donald Sterling- new allegati 

Post#2 » by Don Tommy » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:34 am

Don't take this the wrong way but I was okay with him not wanting her to bring a black man to his games, because he was talking about one black man in particular, Magic Johnson. (Full disclosure, I'm at work so I couldn't listen to the tape)

From the TMZ story "...Don't put him [Magic] on an Instagram for the world to have to see so they have to call me. And don't bring him to my games."

I understand not wanting to have THE man associated with the Lakers back when Sterling first bought the team coming to his games. He is probably extremely jealous of Magic, always has been, always will. But the other stuff... man, I hate this guy. I just had to explain the worst part about being a Clippers fan to a co worker. It's not 25 years of rooting for a bad team, it's that as much as you want your team to win a championship, part of you hates thinking Sterling will one day be rewarded for his efforts. I want to see CP3, Griffin and DJ passing the trophy around, but I want to see Barnes push Sterling down when he tries to grab it!
Pierre The Poet
Sophomore
And1: 49

Post#3 » by Pierre The Poet » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:30 am

Don Tommy wrote:Don't take this the wrong way but I was okay with him not wanting her to bring a black man to his games, because he was talking about one black man in particular, Magic Johnson. (Full disclosure, I'm at work so I couldn't listen to the tape)

From the TMZ story "...Don't put him [Magic] on an Instagram for the world to have to see so they have to call me. And don't bring him to my games."

I understand not wanting to have THE man associated with the Lakers back when Sterling first bought the team coming to his games. He is probably extremely jealous of Magic, always has been, always will. But the other stuff... man, I hate this guy. I just had to explain the worst part about being a Clippers fan to a co worker. It's not 25 years of rooting for a bad team, it's that as much as you want your team to win a championship, part of you hates thinking Sterling will one day be rewarded for his efforts. I want to see CP3, Griffin and DJ passing the trophy around, but I want to see Barnes push Sterling down when he tries to grab it!

Did you listen to the tape? He was clearly talking about minorities. Not just Magic Johnson. It was about race.
He will rise again...
kylem4711
Sixth Man
And1: 518

Post#4 » by kylem4711 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:50 am

He is clearly a racist. The tape was weird though. He talked a lot about how he hears about it when she's with minorities and how it's culture. It almost seems like he is only acting racist for other people. Really weird statement, I know, but the tape was just weird

Sent from my SGH-M919 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Angel strike1
Lead Assistant
And1: 641

Post#5 » by Angel strike1 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:11 am

Anyone got a link?

He needs to stfu and just write checks and stay the **** away from the team
Don Tommy
Senior

Post#6 » by Don Tommy » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:38 am

Pierre The Poet wrote:
Don Tommy wrote:Don't take this the wrong way but I was okay with him not wanting her to bring a black man to his games, because he was talking about one black man in particular, Magic Johnson. (Full disclosure, I'm at work so I couldn't listen to the tape)

Did you listen to the tape? He was clearly talking about minorities. Not just Magic Johnson. It was about race.

If you saw my "full disclosure" I put in my post, I couldn't listen to it here at work. That's why I said it the way I did, I understand him not wanting Magic there. I should have continued and mentioned how I read the other stuff he said (Angel, it's on TMZ) and the rest made me sick. Everything about this man is about race. Seeing his girlfriend (who they say is half Mexican, half black) with Magic set him off into a rant about minorities.

I went back and read the 2009 reports about him and the government suit he settled. With all the changes Adam Silver is promising in the new NBA, maybe he can force Sterling to sell he team to Geffen!
Don Tommy
Senior

Post#7 » by Don Tommy » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:38 am

Angel strike1 wrote:Anyone got a link?

He needs to stfu and just write checks and stay the **** away from the team

TMZ.com has the audio tape and highlights
markdeez33
RealGM
And1: 2,192

Post#8 » by markdeez33 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:40 am

That was the most bizarre 9 minutes of my life!! wow
Jim Dolan
Starter
And1: 470

Post#9 » by Jim Dolan » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:30 am

this whole conversation sounds like lines out of a stage play.......lol holy ****!!!!

were they rehearsing?
Jim Dolan
Starter
And1: 470

Post#10 » by Jim Dolan » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:31 am

markdeez33 wrote:That was the most bizarre 9 minutes of my life!! wow

say what you want about Dolan, bro, but atleast he's not THAT guy.... :lol:

what a screwball
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,638

Post#11 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:59 pm

http://www.tmz.com/2014/04/26/donald-st ... c-johnson/

^^^
black guy here. I'm putting up my Clipper hat for the playoffs and focusing n finals.

**** Sterling and **** if the Clippers win another game....this year...or probably ever.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
LACtdom
Sixth Man
And1: 341

Post#12 » by LACtdom » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:01 pm

I hope this stays with the FO and doesn't affect the team or coaching staff. It's going to suck if it distracts CP3 for example.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#13 » by Marty McFly » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:26 pm

"look at those beautiful black bodies."
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

D-Bag Sterling At It Again 

Post#14 » by Ranma » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:29 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Pflanns/status/460045949956816898[/tweet]
:upset: Donald the D-Bag just can't help himself. Are we really surprised that this constant monkey wrench is mucking this up? It's clear--at least to me--that she's baiting him into making these comments and probably for a set-up payday from TMZ and the like. Plus, he's likely a bit drunk, which further makes him susceptible but that does not excuse him or his comments. He downplays his racism by deflecting it more towards peer pressure in his concerns of what his apparently racist friends and associates think. Even out of context, what he says reveals his true racist nature.

I tend to think we all have certain racial bias be it from our upbringing, personal experiences, what we see in the media, etc.; I'm not sure it can be helped...but it's a matter of whether we want to overcome these biases through communication and research.

Normally, I would be fine with this being exposed just so it can add ammunition to ouster his arse out of the league, but for it to happen during the playoffs is just an unnecessary distraction. I hope Doc tells Sterling to stay away from the games (we know he won't) and can re-focus the group that they are playing for themselves and not the owner because I certainly haven't been rooting for this team because of its owner lo these 26 years; I've been doing so in spite of him.

Below is a linked image to the audio recording along with the TMZ story, which mentions Sterling's wife, who previously played a part in his racist schemes of trying to get undesirable minorities out of his properties, as being "mortified" by his comments. She's reportedly been separated from him and is still involved in running the team. I'm curious what the true motive of the leak is. Is it a pure money grab or is there another McCourt situation in the works?

TMZ Staff (4/25/14)
Sterling rails on Stiviano -- who ironically is black and Mexican -- for putting herself out in public with a black person (she has since taken the pic down). But it doesn't end there. You have to listen to the audio to fully grasp the magnitude of Sterling's racist worldview.

Sterling has a documented history of allegedly racist behavior -- he's been sued twice by the federal government for allegedly refusing to rent apartments to Blacks and Latinos.

Sterling has been separated from his wife Shelly for years. She remains a key player in running the team and sources tell us she's "mortified" by Sterling's comments.

L.A. Clippers Owner to GF: Don't Bring Black People to My Games ...Including Magic Johnson

LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,638

Post#15 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:20 pm

I've long ignored this owner's bull.
Often lied to myself saying plenty of these billionaire white owners are racist.

no more.
**** this scum bag.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Don Tommy
Senior

Post#16 » by Don Tommy » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:34 pm

If you were listening to the "Bottom Line Sports Show" on NBA Radio right now, you heard Tom from Vegas talk about how Clipper fans want the NBA to suspend him for a year while they figure out how to force him to sell the team, much like MLB did with Marge Schott. I haven't posted on here in a while because of life stuff getting in the way of realGM time, but this just pissed me off. This would be a hell of a story in November, but to have this happen during the first round of the playoffs?

Like I told my friend at work last night, you root for the team, you try and forget about the owner. But should it make us feel better? All I know is that without MDSr helping to "turn" Sterling around as an owner, I would have dumped the team years ago. Look at the practice facility that is the envy of the league, and you thought DTS was finally getting it.

Losing his son should have made him realize how precious ALL life is, seeing his team get better and his arena fill up should have made him happy as an owner. Nope, he's still the same d-bag that yelled at Baron Davis in game, cancelled a Danny Manning trade because of a dream, and refused to rent to Mexicans cause they just "sit around and drink and smoke all day"
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#17 » by mttwlsn16 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:00 pm

All in do is laugh. It's nothing new. It isn't surprising. It's who he is. DTS at his finest
Forte IV
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,497

Post#18 » by Forte IV » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:05 pm

I think the key hear is enjoying the team, not the owner. It's been known for years he's a scum bag. I became a fan of this TEAM not of him. Remember a few years ago when someone else was trying to buy the team? We cheered, already knowing how big of a scum bag Sterling is/was/will always be. This won't change my stance on a team that I've loved since I first started watching basketball at the age of 8. It sucks we have such a horrible human being of an owner, but we've known about him being a horrible human being for years.
If the Clippers win the championship next year I'm getting banned from RealGM
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#19 » by mttwlsn16 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:16 pm

SuperNova854 wrote:I think the key hear is enjoying the team, not the owner. It's been known for years he's a scum bag. I became a fan of this TEAM not of him. Remember a few years ago when someone else was trying to buy the team? We cheered, already knowing how big of a scum bag Sterling is/was/will always be. This won't change my stance on a team that I've loved since I first started watching basketball at the age of 8. It sucks we have such a horrible human being of an owner, but we've known about him being a horrible human being for years.

Couldn't have said it better
Context
RealGM
And1: 11,444

Post#20 » by Context » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:21 pm

Clemenza wrote:Wow.. he's on the verge of setting the entire season- playoff run all with these new allegations saying he told his girlfriend "Not to bring black people to the games". :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

-what is this guys f*cking problem. Silver do something! I'm black myself. This is my team for years. I might have to step away the Clippers if something isn't done soon. Look at the sh*t Doc and the players have to go through. Self sabotage to the highest degree

its sad on so many levels!

its 2014 can we just let hate go? geeez! who cares what anyone is!

Clipper fans finally have a team to be proud of and their owner is about to spoil the whole thing.

How can any of his players or coaches be fully invested knowing that their owner hates them...

sometimes I can't believe what I'm seeing or hearing on this planet...
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"

Return to Los Angeles Clippers