ImageImageImageImageImage

Fantasy Bball: Let the games begin!

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: Fantasy Bball: Let the games begin! 

Post#541 » by Neddy » Sat Nov 1, 2014 2:15 am

Sofia wrote:Sorry guys, been hiking in yosemite the past few days, my roster didn't save and I didn't have internet to check up. Oh well last to first sounds good.

enjoy the wonders of America, mate. we aren't just full of urban decay, after all.
ehhhhh f it.
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,835

Post#542 » by Sofia » Sat Nov 1, 2014 3:57 am

Neddy wrote:
Sofia wrote:Sorry guys, been hiking in yosemite the past few days, my roster didn't save and I didn't have internet to check up. Oh well last to first sounds good.

enjoy the wonders of America, mate. we aren't just full of urban decay, after all.

Thanks man. I'm lucky enough to have been here 4 times now, but haven't done anything like this trip; currently working our way down the coastline
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#543 » by mttwlsn16 » Sat Nov 1, 2014 4:21 am

Sofia wrote:
Neddy wrote:

Thanks man. I'm lucky enough to have been here 4 times now, but haven't done anything like this trip; currently working our way down the coastline

Stop in charlotte Nov 24 and come to the clips hornets gane w me!
Sofia

Post#544 » by Sofia » Sat Nov 1, 2014 4:34 am

mttwlsn16 wrote:
Sofia wrote:
Neddy wrote:

Haha west coast sorry dude. Fly out on Wednesday after 5 weeks on the road, not looking forward to returning to work

Neddy
RealGM

Post#545 » by Neddy » Sat Nov 1, 2014 9:31 pm

Sofia wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:
Sofia wrote:Thanks man. I'm lucky enough to have been here 4 times now, but haven't done anything like this trip; currently working our way down the coastline

Haha west coast sorry dude. Fly out on Wednesday after 5 weeks on the road, not looking forward to returning to work

if you are in Washington/Oregon coast line, there are plenty of places you would enjoy. not a swimming beach in site especially in nowadays icy waters but still lots to see. if you are up in Puget Sound, go check out Poulsbo. their Viking festival ain't until may but still a very pretty town by the water. Tacoma's old town is pretty cool too, if you are there go eat at the Shenanigans and make sure to bring your warmest jacket and get an outdoor table. it's worth the trouble. the town of Florence in Oregon has a breathtaking scenic route if you are nearby. oh, and if you have a date, you can't miss the lighthouse.

if you are in mid willamette valley, the Oregon Garden and Silverfalls are a must see. you may even see my office's sign on Oak Street, lol.

anywho, enjoy and soak it all in brother. someday i wish to visit your neck of the woods. Sydney seems nice in the movies, but really wanna explore your backwoods.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#546 » by Neddy » Sun Nov 2, 2014 4:46 am

I am learning how to play today's fantasy team as i go. I'm pretty sure I remember playing a fantasy team (of which sport i couldn't tell ya) in my freshman year at my dental school, so it was 1998. since thereafter? no memories. but one thing i am sure of, was the way scores were kept back then were not exactly how it is done today.

I just realized i need to conserve some of my players games. cannot have chumps be going 0-6 0 asst 0 rebound and 5 TOs and waste a utility spot. damn. and now Westbrook is out Im kinda fried. Im surprised I am not the dead last yet. well, there is Sophia who forgot to set his roster so second from the bottom is where i should be but... lol
ehhhhh f it.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#547 » by mttwlsn16 » Sun Nov 2, 2014 5:11 am

Neddy wrote:I am learning how to play today's fantasy team as i go. I'm pretty sure I remember playing a fantasy team (of which sport i couldn't tell ya) in my freshman year at my dental school, so it was 1998. since thereafter? no memories. but one thing i am sure of, was the way scores were kept back then were not exactly how it is done today.

I just realized i need to conserve some of my players games. cannot have chumps be going 0-6 0 asst 0 rebound and 5 TOs and waste a utility spot. damn. and now Westbrook is out Im kinda fried. Im surprised I am not the dead last yet. well, there is Sophia who forgot to set his roster so second from the bottom is where i should be but... lol

Ya that was explained I think by sofia earlier during the draft in this thread lol. Don't play everyone every day or you'll be out of spots around the as break
Neddy
RealGM

Post#548 » by Neddy » Sun Nov 2, 2014 5:24 am

mttwlsn16 wrote:
Neddy wrote:I am learning how to play today's fantasy team as i go. I'm pretty sure I remember playing a fantasy team (of which sport i couldn't tell ya) in my freshman year at my dental school, so it was 1998. since thereafter? no memories. but one thing i am sure of, was the way scores were kept back then were not exactly how it is done today.

Ya that was explained I think by sofia earlier during the draft in this thread lol. Don't play everyone every day or you'll be out of spots around the as break

well yeah I understood the premise but did not understand the mechanism behind it. now i do. good thing i caught it relatively early in the season. i still hope to finish in upper half, lol
ehhhhh f it.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#549 » by mttwlsn16 » Sun Nov 2, 2014 5:40 am

Neddy wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:

well yeah I understood the premise but did not understand the mechanism behind it. now i do. good thing i caught it relatively early in the season. i still hope to finish in upper half, lol

At least you'll be able to play Westbrook every day pretty much ha
Wayland The Smith
Pro Prospect
And1: 6

Post#550 » by Wayland The Smith » Sun Nov 2, 2014 10:30 am

I regained the first spot :)

Up till now, Hibbert, Bosh and Favors have been amazing. Lebron and Kawhi Leonard have not started to show their real performances yet. I believe George Hill will be a monster this year, too.

Season is long but i really like my team and see myself as the most important candidate for championship.

It seems you guys will compete for second spot :P
mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#551 » by mttwlsn16 » Sun Nov 2, 2014 4:36 pm

My team went 1-16 on 3s last night
Forte IV
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,497

Post#552 » by Forte IV » Sun Nov 2, 2014 5:54 pm

WTS is funny. Should do stand up bra
If the Clippers win the championship next year I'm getting banned from RealGM
Sofia

Post#553 » by Sofia » Mon Nov 3, 2014 6:06 am

Neddy wrote:
Sofia wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:Stop in charlotte Nov 24 and come to the clips hornets gane w me!

if you are in Washington/Oregon coast line, there are plenty of places you would enjoy. not a swimming beach in site especially in nowadays icy waters but still lots to see. if you are up in Puget Sound, go check out Poulsbo. their Viking festival ain't until may but still a very pretty town by the water. Tacoma's old town is pretty cool too, if you are there go eat at the Shenanigans and make sure to bring your warmest jacket and get an outdoor table. it's worth the trouble. the town of Florence in Oregon has a breathtaking scenic route if you are nearby. oh, and if you have a date, you can't miss the lighthouse.

if you are in mid willamette valley, the Oregon Garden and Silverfalls are a must see. you may even see my office's sign on Oak Street, lol.

anywho, enjoy and soak it all in brother. someday i wish to visit your neck of the woods. Sydney seems nice in the movies, but really wanna explore your backwoods.
thanks Neddy, my wife and I have really enjoyed previous (very short) visits to Seattle so we'll hopefully spend some more time in that area. We're also considering Route 66 in its entirety, but that's a few years off I'd say.

Sydney is a nice place but Melbourne is probably the better city to visit IMO, I get to both a few times a year. As for the backwoods, I've been lucky enough with my job to do a bit of travel out to rural towns both in agricultural and coastal areas. Admittedly I haven't really done the whole "outback" thing, but that's because it's no easy feat. A lot of places require 4WD and a pretty in depth knowledge of how to drive to certain terrains. Definitely something I'm interested in myself too. :)

Neddy
RealGM

Post#554 » by Neddy » Mon Nov 3, 2014 6:16 am

Sofia wrote:
Neddy wrote:
Sofia wrote:Haha west coast sorry dude. Fly out on Wednesday after 5 weeks on the road, not looking forward to returning to work

thanks Neddy, my wife and I have really enjoyed previous (very short) visits to Seattle so we'll hopefully spend some more time in that area. We're also considering Route 66 in its entirety, but that's a few years off I'd say.

Sydney is a nice place but Melbourne is probably the better city to visit IMO, I get to both a few times a year. As for the backwoods, I've been lucky enough with my job to do a bit of travel out to rural towns both in agricultural and coastal areas. Admittedly I haven't really done the whole "outback" thing, but that's because it's no easy feat. A lot of places require 4WD and a pretty in depth knowledge of how to drive to certain terrains. Definitely something I'm interested in myself too. :)

if you are still in Seattle area and want to try what multiculturalism of Ameirca is all about, go check out Uwajimaya market place. Japanese market that is a costco size right by the ballpark and the safeco field. when i was working for the US department of Public Health 12 years ago in Yakima, WA, my wife and i would drive up to Seattle with my infant daughter just to eat some real authentic ethnic foods. it's amusing to witness how vast America is both in terms of land mass and the people within.

and yeah its only just a day dream now but I would love to see the Melbourne Aces playing against the Sydney Bluesox at the Melburne ball park by the section A general seating, that stadium is smaller than my local A ball team Volcanos' stadium lol.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#555 » by Neddy » Mon Nov 3, 2014 6:23 am

btw demarcus cousons was a monster today. I really needed a strong game out of him to compensate for losing Westbrook, but hate the fact that we lost.
ehhhhh f it.
Sofia

Post#556 » by Sofia » Mon Nov 3, 2014 4:29 pm

Neddy wrote:
Sofia wrote:
Neddy wrote:

if you are still in Seattle area and want to try what multiculturalism of Ameirca is all about, go check out Uwajimaya market place. Japanese market that is a costco size right by the ballpark and the safeco field. when i was working for the US department of Public Health 12 years ago in Yakima, WA, my wife and i would drive up to Seattle with my infant daughter just to eat some real authentic ethnic foods. it's amusing to witness how vast America is both in terms of land mass and the people within.

and yeah its only just a day dream now but I would love to see the Melbourne Aces playing against the Sydney Bluesox at the Melburne ball park by the section A general seating, that stadium is smaller than my local A ball team Volcanos' stadium lol.

Small world, I've stayed a quick overnighter in Yakima while on a high school basketball trip. I was one of the coaches, the kids did home stays with students from the school they played against in White Swan. This would be nearly 8 years ago.

Neddy
RealGM

Post#557 » by Neddy » Tue Nov 4, 2014 1:55 am

it sure is. I didn't think I would ever hear that town's name again and here you are, an Aussie who coached a team against White Swan. we used to have a dinky little satellite dental office out there and non of us from the main clinic wanted to drive out there voluntarily. I wonder if they still have that **** hole of an office...
ehhhhh f it.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#558 » by mttwlsn16 » Tue Nov 4, 2014 3:40 am

Neddy wrote:it sure is. I didn't think I would ever hear that town's name again and here you are, an Aussie who coached a team against White Swan. we used to have a dinky little satellite dental office out there and non of us from the main clinic wanted to drive out there voluntarily. I wonder if they still have that **** hole of an office...

its still there. i found it

http://i.imgur.com/63dmF.jpg
Neddy
RealGM

Post#559 » by Neddy » Tue Nov 4, 2014 3:49 am

mttwlsn16 wrote:
Neddy wrote:it sure is. I didn't think I would ever hear that town's name again and here you are, an Aussie who coached a team against White Swan. we used to have a dinky little satellite dental office out there and non of us from the main clinic wanted to drive out there voluntarily. I wonder if they still have that **** hole of an office...

its still there. i found it

http://i.imgur.com/63dmF.jpg

:lol:
ehhhhh f it.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#560 » by mttwlsn16 » Wed Nov 5, 2014 2:24 am

EJ was a wasted pick

Return to Los Angeles Clippers