ImageImageImageImageImage

Clippers Waive Joe Ingles

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Forte IV
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,497

Clippers Waive Joe Ingles 

Post#1 » by Forte IV » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:00 pm

I was looking through the photos the Clippers took today with the troops. And I noticed Joe Ingles wasn't in any of them. SO, seeing as today most teams have been trimming their rosters. I decided to google Joe's name and found this article: http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantas ... joe-ingles

Looks like he got waived and Jared Cunningham will make the roster.
If the Clippers win the championship next year I'm getting banned from RealGM
thanumba2clippersfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 700

Re: Clippers Waive Joe Ingles 

Post#2 » by thanumba2clippersfan » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:26 pm

Honestly I'm not surprised based on who played last night. Cunningham got some significant time last night, while Ingles didn't get as much. Best of luck to Ingles and I hope Cunningham can make an impact for the Clippers.
I've been an LA Clipper fan since 1998 and that will never change. I hate our new logo and jerseys!
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#3 » by Neddy » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:29 pm

yeah i knew this was coming. there is no way we can open the season with injury prone backup PG in Farmar to backup injury prone CP3. probably the better need at this point and Hedo has been looking good shooting the ball in preseason.

I really liked Kangaroo Joe tho, i was pulling for him to make it and move Bullock instead. Reggie hasn't shown anything and at this point CJ has surpassed him on the depth chart.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#4 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:35 pm

Our competition is OKC and SAS....oh and i guess that team in Oakland.

theyre athletic on the wings.
Sorry Joe. I need young springy ass legs on these wings.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#5 » by mkwest » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:46 pm

Of the two, I personally would have rather we kept Ingles.

Cunningham is athletic and has a decent shot, but a poor decision-maker and a little selfish at times. It shouldn't matter all that much for a 3rd stringer, but using him at pg scares me with the track record of CP3 and Farmar's health.
Cracka2Hi
Junior
And1: 10

Post#6 » by Cracka2Hi » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:26 pm

Not surprising. Cunningham was impressive, Ingles hardly played. I wouldn't be shocked to see Cunningham take end up with the back up PG job. I do hope the team retains Ingles rights if he clears waivers and puts him in the D-League. I think he could contribute down the line. Speaking of waivers. Jordan Hamilton was waived today. I always thought he had upside as a shooter and defender. The Clippers already have 15 players and since Hamilton got waived he probably wouldn't be an upgrade. I'm not happy with the teams SF situation. If Barnes is going to shoot 10% the team has a real problem on their hands. I don't really see any moves the team can make to upgrade the position either.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#7 » by Neddy » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:32 pm

Cracka2Hi wrote:Not surprising. Cunningham was impressive, Ingles hardly played. I wouldn't be shocked to see Cunningham take end up with the back up PG job. I do hope the team retains Ingles rights if he clears waivers and puts him in the D-League. I think he could contribute down the line. Speaking of waivers. Jordan Hamilton was waived today. I always thought he had upside as a shooter and defender. The Clippers already have 15 players and since Hamilton got waived he probably wouldn't be an upgrade. I'm not happy with the teams SF situation. If Barnes is going to shoot 10% the team has a real problem on their hands. I don't really see any moves the team can make to upgrade the position either.

highly doubt Ingles would go to a D league. the dude is a star internationally and gets paid better than more than a half of this clipper roster overseas. noway he goes to play for peanuts when he can make millions.

but good to see ya again bro!
ehhhhh f it.
LACtdom
Sixth Man
And1: 341

Post#8 » by LACtdom » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:36 pm

As a proud Aussie, I would have loved to see Ingles play more but in the end I think they made the right decision.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#9 » by mttwlsn16 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:00 pm

Good
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,883

Post#10 » by Sofia » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:17 am

:cry:

LACtdom wrote:As a proud Aussie, I would have loved to see Ingles play more but in the end I think they made the right decision.

My fellow Strayan!
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,139

Post#11 » by og15 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:55 am

I think Cunningham earned himself a spot. He is not a PG, he is not super efficient, but he does some things that the team could use.

He knows how to get to the basket and get to the line, and he can and is interested in playing defense. I don't mind the addition and I don't see where Ingles would have gotten minutes.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,218

Post#12 » by Clemenza » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:33 pm

og15 wrote:I think Cunningham earned himself a spot. He is not a PG, he is not super efficient, but he does some things that the team could use.

He knows how to get to the basket and get to the line, and he can and is interested in playing defense. I don't mind the addition and I don't see where Ingles would have gotten minutes.

Still kinda sucks that we release Ingles who would've been more help to the Clipps than Big Baby, CDR, Barnes, Udoh, and Bullock :banghead:
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#13 » by og15 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:24 pm

I'm not sure that is accurate. Ingles is an unathletic SF without the size to play PF. He doesn't have an NBA position he can defend. Is Ingles really better than Hedo?

What exactly are we going off of that he would be more help? Of course a lot of those guys have guaranteed contracts, so it is about whether Ingles or Cunningham would be more helpful.
Kangaroohop
Junior
And1: 50

Post#14 » by Kangaroohop » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:50 pm

Best of luck my fellow Roo!

Hopefully another team has focus on your abilities & sign you.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#15 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:07 pm

og15 wrote:I'm not sure that is accurate. Ingles is an unathletic SF without the size to play PF. He doesn't have an NBA position he can defend. Is Ingles really better than Hedo?

What exactly are we going off of that he would be more help? Of course a lot of those guys have guaranteed contracts, so it is about whether Ingles or Cunningham would be more helpful.

Clemenza is just 2nd guessing everything Doc does at the moment.

don't worry about it.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,218

Post#16 » by Clemenza » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:16 pm

og15 wrote:I'm not sure that is accurate. Ingles is an unathletic SF without the size to play PF. He doesn't have an NBA position he can defend. Is Ingles really better than Hedo?

Yeah he's unathletic no doubt about it but at the same time he didn't get any minutes either. Most of the entire preseason was watching Barnes, Bullock, and CDR stink up the joint. Hey maybe he wouldn't have panned out who knows.. but at least give him some ample minutes to find out. That's what I thought the preseason was for
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#17 » by og15 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:11 am

We do have to remember that the coaches also see these guys in practice and team scrimmages. So if he couldn't guard any of our not so impressive offensive wings in practice, that probably didn't bode well for his ability to say on the team.

No doubt he has some skills that could be useful, but in terms of what this team needs at SF, Ingles doesn't really bring it. Even with those guys stinking, if they play well, they come closer to bringing what the team needs at SF as best they can while Ingles brings something similar to what a guy like Hedo brings and Hedo is already on the team.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#18 » by Neddy » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:35 am

I loved Kangaroo joe, and i was only about 10 feet away from him in Vegas and was pulling hard for him to make the team but frankly, we have the better version of him in Hedo. and Hedo shouldn't be playing a whole lot. good luck to Joe but he will be wearing some Euro uniform or an Israeli team's uni this season.
ehhhhh f it.
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,883

Post#19 » by Sofia » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:49 am

I've seen him play on and off for the past 8 years, and have seen him play live either in person or on tv at least 50 times before he got signed for pre season camp. I love me some Joey Ingles, but if I drop my countryman bias, this was the obvious choice for Doc. We have plenty of guys that can play 3rd string minutes at the SF, we didn't need another.
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
Forte IV
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,497

Post#20 » by Forte IV » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:14 pm

He got claimed by the Jazz. Good for him.
If the Clippers win the championship next year I'm getting banned from RealGM

Return to Los Angeles Clippers